SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 15, 2006, 01:51 AM
Joined Oct 2002
47 Posts
Discussion
Bud Nosen 1/4 Scale Citabria Plans??

I'm in need for a set of the Bud Nosen 1/4 scale Citabria plans. One other question- how well will a Saito 120 4 cycle engine perform in the Bud Nosen Citabria? I recently acquired a older Nosen Citabria that's in minor need of repairs, so that's my reason for inquiring about a set of plans. Any assistance would be deeply appreciated.

Regards,

Keith
Keith Smith is offline Find More Posts by Keith Smith
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:16 AM
Dixon, Ky.
Joined Mar 2006
1 Posts
Keith
I have a set of plans and if I can find someone who can make a copy, I have it done and let you know how much it cost and send to you. I want to keep the one I have.
Thanks
Jim Hanor
jwhanor@apex.net
jwhanor is offline Find More Posts by jwhanor
Old Mar 29, 2006, 11:39 AM
Joined Oct 2002
47 Posts
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your response! I appreciate your offer. I was so excited about having someone loan me their plans, that I failed to post that I managed to borrow a plan set. Please allow me to tell you want I did. Some one like yourself responded,, but he had loaned his plans to another modeler, and those plans had been cut-up. The sheet having the wings, and stab were cut from the master sheet. The person who had borrowed the plans mailed me the plans that he borrowed, and after I had copied them I returned the master set to the original owner. Here comes the sweet part. I copied the plans @ 100%, making a black line print set, they were copied onto a CD @ 100%, I made two complete smaller copies @ 40%. I then returned the original plan set repaired, one set reduced @ 40%, along with with a CD having the plans @ 100%. I managed to do all this for $ 23.00!!! Not a bad price or a deal for either one of us! Now, if someone ever needs a plans set, I can send them either a CD, or a copy of my CD in separate files. File number # 1 is the fuselage, # 2 file has the wings, and the tail! , and file # 3 has the construction article. I think the printing of the plans would cost about $ 12.00 if you were to go to a print house. The cost @ Kinko's would be around $ 26.00 for just one set of full size plans, where as at a printing house cost is much less, that's why your need to shop around, and try to avoid to going to Kinko's. My CD is in a TIFF format. The bottom line--- Everyone is now happy! I got my plans with a master CD plans set, one full size plans set, and one smaller set for studying the model construction @ 40%. I also send copies of the CD to the modeler who had borrowed plans.

How do you like your Nosen Citabria, what engine are your using, and does your model have the wooden dowels as attachment rods? I'm wondering if I should replace the wooden dowels for metal rods.

Regards,

Keith Smith
Keith Smith is offline Find More Posts by Keith Smith
Old Mar 30, 2006, 09:10 AM
Cape Coral FL
Joined Feb 2004
32 Posts
Keith;

I had a Nosen Citabria that I sold a couple of years ago. The thing was originally designed to fly on a .60 two stroke so it is fairly light if built corrcetly. I flew mine with both a .91 and a 1.20 four stroke. Either had enough power to pull it through big loops from level flight. It was very touchy to the location of the CG. To far forward and it would nose over taxiing in the grass. To far back and it was squirrelly in the air. If I flew it without the cowl I had to add weight to the nose and it had a fiberglass cowl that didn't weigh a lot. There was a discussion on a different website about the Citabria being prone to tip stall. I never had that problem, but mine had washout in the wings.

I am assuming the wooden dowels you are referring to are on the front of the wing and mount into holes above the windshield. That's the same arrangement mine had and I never had a problem with it. Mine had a one piece wing and I figure your's is the same. Fun plane I hope you enjoy it.

Randy
Grumpy is offline Find More Posts by Grumpy
Old Sep 19, 2006, 09:06 AM
Rapid Disasembly Expert
Chatham, NJ USA
Joined Jun 2000
223 Posts
I have a Bud Nosen Citabria Kit if anyone's interested....I believe it to be complete. A friend of mine sold it to me a few years ago but I've come to the realization that I'll never get to it (let alone convert it to electric power).
$50 plus shipping.
ArtJ is offline Find More Posts by ArtJ
Old Sep 19, 2006, 09:20 AM
Grand Prairie, Texas
Joined Feb 2002
169 Posts
PM sent for Citabria purchase.

I did not buy the Citabria, it is still up for grabs.
R. C. Day is offline Find More Posts by R. C. Day
Last edited by R. C. Day; Sep 20, 2006 at 09:10 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2006, 03:06 PM
Joined Jul 2006
34 Posts
Artj I would take you up on that offer to sell your citabria. I have pm'd you too. I have one that is started but not finished and I need the plans and a bunch of parts to finish it. Thanks!
Pylot7 is offline Find More Posts by Pylot7
Old Feb 03, 2009, 11:23 PM
Joined Feb 2009
1 Posts
anyone having a nosen citabria for sale, i would be interested.
gmo5407 is offline Find More Posts by gmo5407
Old Feb 24, 2009, 06:48 PM
Joined Feb 2009
1 Posts
I need a plan only for the wing of the Citabria 1/4 scale Bud Nosen. I won the airplane without this plan.
Thanks,
PERDIGAO JR is offline Find More Posts by PERDIGAO JR
Old Mar 18, 2009, 05:35 PM
N Huntingdon, Pa
Joined Jan 2006
2 Posts
Nosen 1/4 scale Citabria plans

Go to Ebay and use this link and I think you will find the plan you want.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230331432449
Mooney95 is offline Find More Posts by Mooney95
Old Aug 11, 2009, 06:16 PM
what goes up...
Alton Iowa
Joined Aug 2006
423 Posts
I picked up a set of plans for the Bud Nosen Citabria off ebay.

They are advertised as NEW but they are obviously NEW copies made it a kinkos or somewhere. However they are completely legible. However I don't see anything on these plans that show me the wing rib profiles.

Am I missing a page? I have 2 large sheets but it looks like theres not quite enuough info on the plans to build this thing from scratch.

Anyone built one of these from plans?
ezrydr is offline Find More Posts by ezrydr
Old Aug 11, 2009, 07:19 PM
AMA 910957
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrydr
However I don't see anything on these plans that show me the wing rib profiles.

Am I missing a page? I have 2 large sheets but it looks like theres not quite enuough info on the plans to build this thing from scratch.
No, the kit has two plan pages. On the wing page, there should be a W7 rib profile on the right wing in the fifth panel inward from the wingtip. Being a constant chord wing, all the ribs are the same length except the W8 wingtip ribs which are smaller. The difference in the W2-W6 ribs are material types (balsa/ply) and thicknesses. There are also holes in the W1-W6 ribs to accept the aluminum wing joining tubes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrydr
Anyone built one of these from plans?
I did build one from the kit up to the covering phase. The kit is pretty much a big box of lumber, so it's really close to building just from plans. The ribs and firewall are pretty much the only cut pieces.

I sold the kit to a guy that finished it and flew it for several years, and then he sold it to another guy that flew it for several more!

Did you get just the plans, or did you get the building notes as well?

EJWash
EJWash1 is offline Find More Posts by EJWash1
Old Aug 13, 2009, 07:37 AM
what goes up...
Alton Iowa
Joined Aug 2006
423 Posts
Thanks for the reply EJ!

just the plans - you wouldn't have a copy of the building notes I could buy from you would you?

If the building notes (loosely referred to as instructions) are anything like the ones that came in the Nosen trainer kit they are minimal but helpful none the less.

Steve
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:40 AM
AMA 910957
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,247 Posts
No problem.

I have both the original Nosen and A&A version of the instructions, and I think both are pretty scant. See what you think...

BY the way, Fiberglass Specialties offers the engine cowl and wheel pants:

http://www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com/

EJWash
EJWash1 is offline Find More Posts by EJWash1
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:05 AM
what goes up...
Alton Iowa
Joined Aug 2006
423 Posts
thanks EJ!

very minimal instructions just like the Nosen Trainer

it's all good though because I bought the plans for the challenge of building without a kit! looks like I got my wish! LOL

Steve