SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Mar 14, 2006, 07:10 AM
United States, IN, Evansville
Joined May 2001
1,765 Posts
[QUOTE=PeteB]I don't think the price will be coming down so don't get your hopes up.
QUOTE]

The price is high, but I think its probably justifiable to a point. An Astro 109 sells for about $110. All it does is charge a lipo battery. I have one and it does that job very well. The TP charger has so many more features AND it seems to safely fast charge in less than 30 minutes. I agree, its too rich for me at this moment in time, but I will get one someday.
kenny_dilger is offline Find More Posts by kenny_dilger
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2006, 08:51 AM
My Bulldog is my copilot ..
Joined Feb 2004
2,264 Posts
Back on topic ..

I bought my 1010C from Todd a few weeks ago (Although i didn't get free shipping! ) .. Super fast shipping! Great guy to buy from...

Thanks Todd!
TheLost is online now Find More Posts by TheLost
Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:04 AM
Joined Nov 2004
38 Posts
Hi Peteb,

Agreed, the PocketLader looks like a great charger, and has some features the TP 1010C lacks. A very well-thought-out package.

The point I was trying to make (to those complaining that the 1010C is expensive) is that all higher-amp/watt chargers (like the 1010C) are relatively expensive. In fact, the 1010C is the least expensive charger capable of high-amp (10 amps and higher, 200 watts and higher) LI charging that I know of. And it does offer a high level of safety with the optional balancer.

Agreed that if you don't require the amps/watts of the TP 1010C, you can do very nicely indeed for less money.

- Eric
ehart is offline Find More Posts by ehart
Old Mar 14, 2006, 03:36 PM
www.toddsmodels.com
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
If you are needing the TP210 balancer I have the TP1010C and TP210 as a combo for $288.94. Also free shipping.

Thanks,
Todd
www.toddsmodels.com
Todd Long is offline Find More Posts by Todd Long
Old Mar 14, 2006, 07:50 PM
www.toddsmodels.com
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
These are going pretty quick and 12/15ths of a pretty large order has been sold. I don't know when the next batch will arrive so act quick.

Thanks,
Todd
www.toddsmodels.com
Old Mar 14, 2006, 09:59 PM
Rockford,IL
Joined Jul 2003
58 Posts
Todd, this may be a lil off topic, do you offer free shipping on your TP2100 3s li po batteries?
blue ice is offline Find More Posts by blue ice
Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:30 AM
www.toddsmodels.com
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue ice
Todd, this may be a lil off topic, do you offer free shipping on your TP2100 3s li po batteries?
Sorry I cannot offer free shipping on those. It would cost more to ship than I make.

Thanks,
Todd
Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:43 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Long
Went to POLY-RC cells because the supplier stocks large quantities so availability is now never a problem. POLY-RC are the same exact cells as POLYQUEST, HYPERION, and ENERLAND. It's just a different label.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,
Todd
www.toddsmodels.com

What makes a statement such as that confusing are statements such as this.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...4&postcount=35

Quote:
Hyperion doesn't plan to ride on "coattails" of other makers, so they won't confirm OEM suppliers, but I will say that the supplier may differ according to the series (CL vs VX, for example) of the Hyperion pack. Hyperion is continuing to test different cells from various reliable makers, and will continue adding the best of those we find...
I am not pointing a finger at anyone here but when a vendor states that all of these LIPolys are the same and a major distributor states that they refuse to reveal OEM suppliers and that they do indeed use cells from different manufactures it cause one to wonder , at least it makes me wonder.

Sometimes it seems that purchasing LiPolys is like the old buying a pig in a poke saying.

In the past one of the leading LiPoly brands used cells produced from two different manufactures ,same size,same rating same labeling etc. and it was latter determined that cells from on plant were inferior to the other plants cells.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Mar 16, 2006 at 11:52 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:34 PM
www.toddsmodels.com
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
Hello Charles,

I don't want to get into the dirty laundry part of it and I do know a lot more than I can let out. Plus no need to get in a fight with Nippon Dave because I know he's a great guy.

The first Polyquest distributor (RC LIPOS) is now bringing in the POLY-RC packs now. They are getting the POLY-RC (His OEM name) out of the same factory (ENERLAND) off the same production line (20C), and dealing with the same exact salesman.

So if you liked the POLYQUEST line of 20C packs and want to go back to purchasing them from the dealers who brought them in initially then purchase anything with the POLY-RC name on it and it will be the exact same product.

Todd
www.toddsmodels.com
Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:25 PM
Joined Jan 2001
3,269 Posts
Comment

This is exactly correct......since Hobby Lobby could not sell nearly has many as us old suppliers, Enerland came crawling back to what was best to begin with.

Poly R/C is Polyquest.

thanks,
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Long
Hello Charles,

I don't want to get into the dirty laundry part of it and I do know a lot more than I can let out. Plus no need to get in a fight with Nippon Dave because I know he's a great guy.

The first Polyquest distributor (RC LIPOS) is now bringing in the POLY-RC packs now. They are getting the POLY-RC (His OEM name) out of the same factory (ENERLAND) off the same production line (20C), and dealing with the same exact salesman.

So if you liked the POLYQUEST line of 20C packs and want to go back to purchasing them from the dealers who brought them in initially then purchase anything with the POLY-RC name on it and it will be the exact same product.

Todd
www.toddsmodels.com
sjslhill is offline Find More Posts by sjslhill
Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:32 PM
Chandler
Joined Mar 2006
884 Posts
Try to find the 2100 16c Hyperions right now. Charlie went to Saehan and definately resigned his exclusive contract.
J.W.S.4 is offline Find More Posts by J.W.S.4
Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:59 PM
Joined Jan 2001
3,269 Posts
Hum....

They are in stock.....I don't want to hijack Todd's thread, I bet he has them.

regards,
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.W.S.4
Try to find the 2100 16c Hyperions right now. Charlie went to Saehan and definately resigned his exclusive contract.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:10 PM
Chandler
Joined Mar 2006
884 Posts
That is back stock correct? Or did you recieve them within the last month?
Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:16 PM
Joined Jan 2001
3,269 Posts
thoughts

I don't know when my supplier got them in, he drop ships our for us and told me they were in stock. A very large company sells these packs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.W.S.4
That is back stock correct? Or did you recieve them within the last month?
Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:21 PM
Chandler
Joined Mar 2006
884 Posts
ok I get the large point! Just a little birdy dropped a few hints we'll see
Closed Thread