Communication port for TP balancer
160mm x 108mm x 47mm
220Watts

Sorry free shipping is over

Thanks,
Todd
www.toddsmodels.com
Todd Long is offline Find More Posts by Todd Long
Last edited by Todd Long; Mar 17, 2006 at 11:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2006, 02:45 PM
www.toddsmodels.com
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
Take a look at our low Thunder Power Pro-Lite Prices also.

Thanks,
Todd
www.toddsmodels.com
Old Mar 13, 2006, 02:51 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,833 Posts
What happened to the Hyperions?

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:10 PM
www.toddsmodels.com
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
What happened to the Hyperions?

Charles
Went to POLY-RC cells because the supplier stocks large quantities so availability is now never a problem. POLY-RC are the same exact cells as POLYQUEST, HYPERION, and ENERLAND. It's just a different label.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,
Todd
www.toddsmodels.com
Old Mar 13, 2006, 04:41 PM
www.toddsmodels.com
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
WOW

Charlie Wang is charging TP2100 Prolites at 3C with this charger....!!!
Old Mar 13, 2006, 05:36 PM
Mooresville, NC
Joined Dec 2004
266 Posts
Tp-1010c

The TP-1010C would be much better if it was programmed to also charge Ni-Cds, Ni-MH, and Lead Acids.....especially for the high price of $200! I will wait and see if the price comes down once Thunder Power catches up with production and everyone is selling them. I would also like to see user upgradeable firmware like the new Orbit Pocketlader. I don't like the idea of buying a product and being a Beta Tester only to find the products firmware being upgraded and the end user being stuck. I waited to buy the TP-205 only to find out that now a newer version is available that works better with the TP-1010C.

My Orbit Microlader works well enough and charges all battery types.

Michael
MichaelT1960 is offline Find More Posts by MichaelT1960
Last edited by MichaelT1960; Mar 13, 2006 at 06:57 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 08:22 PM
Rockford, IL
Joined Oct 2003
973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelT1960
The TP-1010C would be much better if it was programmed to also charge Ni-Cds, Ni-MH, and Lead Acids.....especially for the high price of $200!

Michael
I strongly disagree. I have seen to many people mess up and charge their LIPOs when the charger was set for some other type of battery. I think that LIPO batteries should only be charged with a LIPO only charger. That at least reduces the chances for mistakes.

Tom Moody
Tom Moody is online now Find More Posts by Tom Moody
Old Mar 13, 2006, 08:25 PM
Joined Dec 2002
2,717 Posts
Hi Michael,
The charger is designed to program with a PC/notebook.
We are not ready to let the user upgrading the software themself because I had bad experience with software upgrade without recalibration(my Orbit Pro)
We are not ready to release the calibration software at this time.

The good news are:
1)The TP1010C had gone through 4 months of software upgrade before the first released.
2)The V1.90 work smoothly charging any proLite with balancer at 3C with great cycle life.
3)We have included safety program not to let the charger charging at wrong cell count.
4)All safety shut-off function are activated before doing any damage to the pack

Sorry about the 205, you may come out with some way to upgrade the 205.

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Wang is offline Find More Posts by Charlie Wang
Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:10 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jun 2004
430 Posts
Ditto on the price. It's simply way too expensive for my tastes
Geoff Akerlund is offline Find More Posts by Geoff Akerlund
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:23 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Moody
I strongly disagree. I have seen to many people mess up and charge their LIPOs when the charger was set for some other type of battery. I think that LIPO batteries should only be charged with a LIPO only charger. That at least reduces the chances for mistakes.

Tom Moody
That's like using a different PC for every application. A charger is a computer, people just need to learn how to use it correctly. I don't see the point of a single chemistry charger.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:26 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelT1960
The TP-1010C would be much better if it was programmed to also charge Ni-Cds, Ni-MH, and Lead Acids.....especially for the high price of $200! I will wait and see if the price comes down once Thunder Power catches up with production and everyone is selling them. I would also like to see user upgradeable firmware like the new Orbit Pocketlader. I don't like the idea of buying a product and being a Beta Tester only to find the products firmware being upgraded and the end user being stuck. I waited to buy the TP-205 only to find out that now a newer version is available that works better with the TP-1010C.

My Orbit Microlader works well enough and charges all battery types.

Michael
I don't think the price will be coming down so don't get your hopes up.

The Orbit PocketLader really isn't new. It's been out for a year now. The firmware does keep getting better and includes new functionality with every release.

User upgradable firmware and multi-chemistry are great features and selling points.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:23 PM
Joined Nov 2004
38 Posts
The PocketLader looks to be a great charger for all the reasons mentioned here. But comparing the cost of the PocketLader with the cost of the TP-1010 is really comparing apples and oranges.

The PocketLader is a 4 Amp, 60-watt charger. The TP 1010 is a 10 Amp, 210 watt charger. The PocketLader does 5 Cell LI batteries, the 1010 does 10 cells. With 3C charging about to become commonplace, that extra power will become useful even for 3, 4, and 5-cell packs.

These two chargers are really in two different categories. If you want to compare with Orbit products, the TP-1010C stacks against the Microlader, which sells for about $250 to $350 depending on version. Suddenly the TP-1010 doesn't look so expensive. ThunderPower is supposedly coming out with a smaller model (the 605) which will compete with the PocketLader.

Best,

Eric
ehart is offline Find More Posts by ehart
Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:27 PM
Rockford, IL
Joined Oct 2003
973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteB
That's like using a different PC for every application. A charger is a computer, people just need to learn how to use it correctly. I don't see the point of a single chemistry charger.
Well, I'm glad to find someone that never makes mistakes.

I have 3 Triton chargers and 2 Astro 109s. I do not use the Tritons for LIPOs, I use the Astros for them.

The Triton is a very good multi-purpose charger but I have seen people that know very well how to use it mess up at the field and come close to having a disaster when they were distracted. But, thankfuly, the only thing that happened was they ruined some batteries.

That is what caused me to stop using my Triton chargers for my LIPO charging. I needed something bigger for some of my 4200 and 6000 mah packs anyway so I just charge all of my packs with the Astro. I may consider the TP charger someday just because of the link to their balancers.

At least with the PC if you mess up it has very little chance of burning your house down.
Tom Moody is online now Find More Posts by Tom Moody
Old Mar 14, 2006, 05:46 AM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehart
The PocketLader looks to be a great charger for all the reasons mentioned here. But comparing the cost of the PocketLader with the cost of the TP-1010 is really comparing apples and oranges.

The PocketLader is a 4 Amp, 60-watt charger. The TP 1010 is a 10 Amp, 210 watt charger. The PocketLader does 5 Cell LI batteries, the 1010 does 10 cells. With 3C charging about to become commonplace, that extra power will become useful even for 3, 4, and 5-cell packs.

These two chargers are really in two different categories. If you want to compare with Orbit products, the TP-1010C stacks against the Microlader, which sells for about $250 to $350 depending on version. Suddenly the TP-1010 doesn't look so expensive. ThunderPower is supposedly coming out with a smaller model (the 605) which will compete with the PocketLader.

Best,

Eric
A charger is a charger whether it's a 1010C or a PocketLader. We weren't comparing them per se (one versus the other), just highlighting the features we like in a particular charger. Certainly, if one needs the power/cell capacity of the 1010C then the PocketLader simply won't work.

If one needs the multi-chemistry features of the PocketLader and wants something with flashable firmware and isn't charging big packs then the PockLader might be a better choice. The PocketLader is about as small and compact as they come so it's great to take to the field.

Additionally, the PocketLader has flashable firmware. The Microlader line doesn't.

The PocketLader has a backlit display. I don't believe the 1010C does.

The PocketLader has a PC interface, the 1010C has some sort of interface, but it hasn't been implemented.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 05:55 AM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Moody
Well, I'm glad to find someone that never makes mistakes.

I have 3 Triton chargers and 2 Astro 109s. I do not use the Tritons for LIPOs, I use the Astros for them.

The Triton is a very good multi-purpose charger but I have seen people that know very well how to use it mess up at the field and come close to having a disaster when they were distracted. But, thankfuly, the only thing that happened was they ruined some batteries.

That is what caused me to stop using my Triton chargers for my LIPO charging. I needed something bigger for some of my 4200 and 6000 mah packs anyway so I just charge all of my packs with the Astro. I may consider the TP charger someday just because of the link to their balancers.

At least with the PC if you mess up it has very little chance of burning your house down.
I'm certainly not perfect. I make mistakes just like everyone else.

All I'm saying is that I think it's foolish to buy a single chemistry charger for someone who needs to charge multi-chemistry batteries. Again, that's just my personal opinion. You cannot argue with safety so if someone wants or needs to do it for safety's sake than do it.

Heck, most of the problems I have read about have been from people selecting the wrong number of LiPo cells and not from people selecting the wrong program/chemistry (e.g. NiCd, NiMh) in a charger.
Closed Thread