HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2006, 05:00 AM
Joined Mar 2006
3 Posts
Help!
where to play dogfights online with your RC controller

Hi guys im new to this and i was wondering if anyone knew of a good site where you can download a program to have dogfights online with people and still use your real controller? Its just for when i cant go flying. all responses would be most appreciated
captain sam is offline Find More Posts by captain sam
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2006, 05:38 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Dec 2005
827 Posts
I have used my cousins Great Planes G3 R/C sim and I think you can direct connect to other people and fly with them. However G3 is expensive and you would have to pre arrange the person to be on the other end waiting for you to dial into them.

I'm not sure if FMS the best free R/C can do this too?
panzerd18 is offline Find More Posts by panzerd18
Old Mar 13, 2006, 05:44 AM
Joined Mar 2006
3 Posts
thanks panzerd 18 i'll check that out. we will see who else replies maybe they can tell me more?
Old Mar 13, 2006, 05:54 AM
Joined Nov 2004
486 Posts
Don't know about RC dogfighting online, but I used to play a couple of WW2 Warbird online flight sims...Aces High and Warbirds. Much better than RC dogfighting IMHO.

I don't think you can download Warbirds free anymore, but you still can download Aces High and play head-to-head for free or pay a small monthly fee for massive-multiplay.

Look them up on google.

Ex.
ExtremeSkyes is offline Find More Posts by ExtremeSkyes
Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:14 PM
Joined Mar 2006
3 Posts
is this aces high downloadable on macintosh or apple? or just PC
Old Mar 14, 2006, 01:06 AM
Joined Nov 2004
486 Posts
I know Warbirds was, but I don't think Aces High does. Haven't been there for a while so maybe they've done something with the MACs...go to www.hitechcreations.com and check it out.

Ex.
ExtremeSkyes is offline Find More Posts by ExtremeSkyes
Old Mar 14, 2006, 06:42 AM
Dream,Build, Make it FLY
Frankston,Victoria,Australia
Joined Jun 2005
177 Posts
When it comes to Flight sims online there's a few that come to mind...any of the IL2 stumivik series sims or microsoft ones are pretty popular and as far as multiplay servers go it would be a good idea to download Hyper Lobby which is a server browser for games/sims you have on your system. Look in the list for the sim you want and select the match that appeals to you. One click and your loading up and joining the server. Works for sims that don't have a built in server browser or require you to sign up to a pay and play plan like the UBIsoft games do
There are a few RC sims that have online multiplay but the ones I have tried had no populated servers to join .
Mark in Aus is offline Find More Posts by Mark in Aus