Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:05 AM
Team FlightPower AUS
Victoria, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
629 Posts
There aren't any text instructions however if you follow the thread from the start there is a sequence of build pictures which may help.
pmjass is offline Find More Posts by pmjass
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:50 AM
United Kingdom, England, Caterham
Joined Jan 2012
46 Posts
Thanks - inspired me

Built this plane - it almost sunk me as I have limited airtime under the belt and, perhaps need more of a trainer. Cof g was off on maiden and battled her - ended in a lump of parts.

A bit of hot glue and some cheering up - she has now had 4 good twitchy responsive flights; and lifted my flying skills a little in the process. Many thanks again - great build
rondavel is offline Find More Posts by rondavel
Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:20 PM
Winter Haven FL
Joined Dec 2003
508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondavel View Post
Built this plane - it almost sunk me as I have limited airtime under the belt and, perhaps need more of a trainer. Cof g was off on maiden and battled her - ended in a lump of parts.

A bit of hot glue and some cheering up - she has now had 4 good twitchy responsive flights; and lifted my flying skills a little in the process. Many thanks again - great build

Nice plane!! I just finished on about two weeks ago. On my maiden, last weekend, COG was a little off and the control throws were way too high. It made for and interesting flight. Fixed a few minor things, flew it today and I have it dialed in now. I'll get a pic up tonight or tomorrow.
Byrdman is offline Find More Posts by Byrdman
Old Jan 26, 2012, 06:07 AM
Winter Haven FL
Joined Dec 2003
508 Posts
Pics
Byrdman is offline Find More Posts by Byrdman
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:51 AM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,807 Posts
Ugl-E Stik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdman View Post
Pics
Looking good Byrdman. Looks like a nice flyer. Thanks for sharing.
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah
Old Mar 11, 2012, 09:35 PM
USA, MS, Picayune
Joined Jan 2011
73 Posts
I built an ugly stick recently with a 29" wingspan. Used $tree foam with the paper removed. Electronics consisted of CF2805 2800kv motor, 18 amp esc, 800 mah 2s battery, 9grm servo for ailerons, 8gm servos for Rud and Elev. 7x4 APC prop. Homemade landing gear bent from music wire and 2" ultra lite wheels. I took it out for the maiden this morning and reluctantly pulled it out of the truck because there was a 5-10 mph steady wind. The KFM4 wing helped plane perform flawlessly the first time up even with the wind. No adjustments had to be made. I could not believe the speed and performance that this plane dished out. Cant wait to fly it in front of the rest of the crew. Thanks to PMJASS for designing such a great plane and sharing the build and plans with us. Will have some pics as soon as I can finish painting it, red of course, with apple barn craft paint from walmart.
tonytiger20 is offline Find More Posts by tonytiger20
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:41 PM
diyman
Joined Feb 2012
40 Posts
hey guys i need the program to unzip the files any help?
diyman is offline Find More Posts by diyman
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:57 PM
5,200 Led Lighted Bike-Bob P.
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,771 Posts
You need Winrar or Winzip. Use a search engine like Google to find it. They have free trials that would get the job done.
**Neons** Bob
**neons** is offline Find More Posts by **neons**
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:24 PM
United States, TX, League City
Joined Feb 2009
836 Posts
this is free
http://www.jzip.com/products.php
greyflight390 is offline Find More Posts by greyflight390
Old Aug 26, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Aug 2012
24 Posts
Ugly stick

Hi guys,

I have been looking at this site and the plans for the ugly stick , for a while now, gathering info, and i would really like to build one. These plans are very detailed and the pics you guys have posted really help to understand how to put everything together ( big thanks to whoever made the plans ). I was always looking for plans for a ww1 Red-Baron style plane, because they are easy to build, simple, they fly good and i like the rough retro look.

So since i am new to this hobby ( but i have been involved with rc cars for quite a while ) i have some newbie questions for your so if you bare with me i will be more than happy :P

1. Can someone please fill in these calculators ( as an example for me ) and not only post back the results but a screenshot too so i see what the input in the text boxes was. I try to fill them in but i seem to make a mistake along the way and the calculator can't come up with a result.

http://www.flbeagle.rchomepage.com/s...lc_metric.html

http://www.flbeagle.rchomepage.com/s...powercalc.html

This would really help me understand more about the plane

2. I am confused on how one chooses the motor for its plane as i have gone online to look for motors but in the specs sometimes the its perfomance is measured is some sort of class or kv, Watt and this is not consistent and makes it hard to choose which motor is the best.

3. Can your please tell me how much square meters of depron would i need do make this plane ? ( so i know how much to order ).

4. What is the correct size of the servos for this plane? : micro, mini, park, std etc

5. Can anyone plz help me find an landing gear (to buy online ) as one in the pic i posted cause its "Red Baron Style" ( if i can say that ) and it attaches to the fusalage at 2 points which would distribute the force of the landing better.

Sorry for the long post thanks for putting up with me , more questions will follow :P

Chris
biomecanoid is offline Find More Posts by biomecanoid
Last edited by biomecanoid; Aug 27, 2012 at 02:58 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:53 PM
Joined Apr 2012
198 Posts
Das ulgy Stick??

Looking for a plane like MikeRoby42 has on this thread!! The Yellow One or one like it. I have 3 fomies now and would like to build a Stick. If you can help drop me a line. Thanks BUCK
Buck Shot is offline Find More Posts by Buck Shot
Old Sep 08, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined Apr 2012
198 Posts
No help on the Stik?? Did the Stik fly off in the Sun Set??
Buck Shot is offline Find More Posts by Buck Shot
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:21 PM
2RK
United Kingdom, England, Hampshire
Joined Jun 2011
78 Posts
Brought this plane on my recent visit to sunny Florida. I wanted something that can be built quick, be small enough to fit my suitcase, fly good (even if I can't) and be cheap enough so I can throw it away without thinking twice. My little Sea Stik had a wingspan of 24" and was made from scrap 6mm and 3mm depron. I was able to fit the fuselage, tail, 2pc-wing and the floats inside the box of a DVD player. Assembling it was quicker than it took for the epoxy to cure. For convenience, changing from landing gears to floats requires loosening just 2 screws.

Thanks again pmjass for another set of great plans. My Stik flew fantastic. The CoG even managed to stay the same whether on floats or wheels. I had fun flying it in parks and lakes from Tampa to Daytona Beach
2RK is offline Find More Posts by 2RK
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:58 PM
Team FlightPower AUS
Victoria, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
629 Posts
That's a nice looking Stick, floats'n'all. I still get a buzz when people pop up with a nice looking model using my plans.
pmjass is offline Find More Posts by pmjass
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:59 AM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
my Das Ugly Stik is tending to roll right.

I don't know why this is happening, because wing is balanced, ailerons are center trimmed, rudder is perfectly centered.

I need almost full left aileron trimming to stop rolling, it is very visible the diference after trimmed ailerons they are no longer centered.

Im lost, no ideia what to do now.
joaopaul0 is offline Find More Posts by joaopaul0