HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 12, 2006, 01:13 AM
Joined Dec 2005
65 Posts
Discussion
fyi - I repaired my WDF#4 rotor head with Venom NightRanger parts

I decided to experiment

I picked up a number of parts for a Venom nightranger from a local rc shop, and managed to fit them in place of the walkera rotor head parts. they are somewhat similar in appearance to the wdf parts, but definitely not interchangeable.

I used these parts:
- venf-7519 main control link
- venf-7522 rotation hub assembly with bearings
- venf-7523 anti-rotation arm
- venf-7524 flybar control tray assembly
- venf-????? short control links (packaged wrong, don't know correct code)

the short control links seem a bit loose to me, can pop off easily compared to the original wdf ones.
But I've been flying the bird and these new ones have not popped off by themselves yet, so I guess they're ok.

I had to re-use the 2 set screws from the old flybar control tray to lock the flybar in place since the new tray did not include screws.
also had to re-use the old pin to lock the anti-rotation arm in place, didn't come with a new one.

she flies great!
(yes - that's a relative term!)
cuz I'm still learning to hover in my living room....
my_bd is offline Find More Posts by my_bd
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:20 AM
What Tree????
Joined Jan 2006
37 Posts
cool, good to know. I have a #4 and sometimes parts are hard to come across, I normally use rcandme.com.

BTW: My flight performance improved greatly after I took the flybar weights off.
callaisd is offline Find More Posts by callaisd
Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:14 AM
Joined Dec 2005
65 Posts
yeah I agree,
I noticed some improvement too when I removed my weights last week.
my_bd is offline Find More Posts by my_bd