HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2006, 11:42 PM
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jun 2004
191 Posts
Discussion
Landing skids keep falling off my blade cp, how do you keep them on?

No problems with the heli besides my landing skids keep falling off almost ever time i fly it. I will just be hovering it around and the skids will fall off is there something im doing wrong how can i fix this?
SteveCH is offline Find More Posts by SteveCH
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:22 AM
Joined Mar 2004
474 Posts
I put Shoe Goo on my CP2 landing skids joints. Works great.
uabass is offline Find More Posts by uabass
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:56 AM
HeliTown
The Bay Area, California
Joined Aug 2005
1,047 Posts
You can also use tuping tupe or loctite. Just don't use CA.
Eddiemoth is offline Find More Posts by Eddiemoth
Old Mar 12, 2006, 01:51 AM
Get back here, you!!
Santa Ana, California
Joined May 2005
605 Posts
There are little pieces of fuel tubing that comes on the landing skids. When you install the skids, remove the tubing first, then put the skids through the battery tray, then the fuel tubing, then plug everything into the frame. Once all the skids are all the way into the frame mounting holes, slide the tubing down so that they're jammed up against the tops of the battery tray. It's the fuel tubing jammed against the tops of the battery tray that keeps the skids from sliding out.

I went to my LHS and got fuel tubing of the same ID, but with slightly thicker walls. The thicker-walled tubing holds onto the CF rod tighter. I replaced all the oem thin-walled fuel tubing on my BCP with thicker-walled tubing. It holds everything much tighter, especially holding the geared tail prop on.

Brent.
bikenboatn is offline Find More Posts by bikenboatn
Old Mar 12, 2006, 02:10 AM
Joined Sep 2005
914 Posts
Use super flue
4RCHELICOPTERSPA is offline Find More Posts by 4RCHELICOPTERSPA
Old Mar 12, 2006, 02:16 AM
What Tree????
Joined Jan 2006
37 Posts
replace with super skids, they really look good.
callaisd is offline Find More Posts by callaisd
Old Mar 12, 2006, 07:30 AM
PA
Joined Mar 2003
20 Posts
Buy a glue stick in the stationary department at your local store. Apply it to the ends of the landing gear before attaching them to the frame. Then put it together sliding the tubing tight against the battery tray. This it what we use to keep the stabs from sliding loose on TD sailplanes. I also like 1/2A fuel tubing better than the stock.
rrensi is offline Find More Posts by rrensi
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:42 PM
HeliTown
The Bay Area, California
Joined Aug 2005
1,047 Posts
If you use something permanent like CA or Super glue when your skids broken - you may have to replace the battery tray and the frame. The CA debonder never works for me.
Eddiemoth is offline Find More Posts by Eddiemoth
Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:53 PM
Rapid City, SD
Joined Jan 2006
725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUBSonDUBS
No problems with the heli besides my landing skids keep falling off almost ever time i fly it. I will just be hovering it around and the skids will fall off is there something im doing wrong how can i fix this?
Just use a small drop of loctite (blue) on the end of each of your skids. This will keep them in and still allow you to change your landing gear if you should happen to break one after landing too hard.

-Scott
SSG Scott is offline Find More Posts by SSG Scott
Old Mar 12, 2006, 07:26 PM
That'll hold until ...
Hampton Roads Va.
Joined Oct 2004
3,560 Posts
Wrap a small rubber band around 1 skid. when you put the other through it should be a slight struggle to get it in place. The tension does a fine job of holding skids of this type in.

Here's a pic of one of mine you should get the idea, even though it's the wrong heli.
swatson144 is offline Find More Posts by swatson144
Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:15 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,333 Posts
Mine are installed in the way Bikeboatn described (which is stock). They have never come out, even during rolls.
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem