Old Mar 09, 2006, 01:38 PM
Slave to the Bean
United States, NJ, Montclair
Joined Jan 2005
322 Posts
Suggestion
what do i do for possible mail fraud?

http://rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479701

this user "sold" me a rtf minispeedwing for $200 and claims to have shipped usps priority (2-3 day delivery) 15 days ago. does not respond to PM's and "reptilerick" just posted negative for the same complaints.
i have been in correspondence with "re3726" in california as well, he has not received his goods either. "new flyer" has edited his ad to remove the items he sold us, as well as removing his contact phone number. i will pm him, get no response, and then check his profile and see that he has been on rcgroups, but just not responded.

how do we go about finding this fellow and alerting his local authorities that he is defrauding us through the mail? he has accepted paypal for goods and is not delivering, which as far as i know is illegal. please respond with what the appropriate action to take would be. thanks for your time.
snowcrash75 is offline Find More Posts by snowcrash75
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2006, 01:26 AM
Administrator
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Nov 1998
5,416 Posts
There isn't anything we can do to determine his identity. RCGroups has occasionally been asked to respond to requests from government agencies and we comply fully when asked to do so, but we do not share personal data without being compelled.

You must take measure to safeguard your money when dealing online. I'm afraid that RCGroups can't assist as we have no stake in the transaction.

We've considered offering a service where we charge to act as an escrow or something like that, but it's a complicated issue.

Jim
jbourke is offline Find More Posts by jbourke
Administrator