SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 09, 2006, 10:20 AM
hamilton ontario canada
Joined Feb 2006
65 Posts
Help!
blade cx lower pin

someone posted detailed instructions on how to repair the broken pins on the lower blade assembly- i can't find them-any help-thanks
johnnyf is offline Find More Posts by johnnyf
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2006, 10:48 AM
Drifter
Joined Apr 2004
48 Posts
There is a sticky in the Multi Rotor Heli's section called "How I Modified my BCX ...". The first post in that thread has a couple of attachments at the bottom, one of them is BCX Mods.doc. About half to two thirds of the way through that doc is the info you remember.

I have done it to my BCX and it is working great. I used a 2.5 mm drill for the hole and cut off a section of the drill bit shaft to glue into the hole.
Commander_Drake is offline Find More Posts by Commander_Drake
Old Mar 09, 2006, 10:51 AM
hamilton ontario canada
Joined Feb 2006
65 Posts
thank you but there was another posting that was even more detailed??
Old Mar 09, 2006, 01:11 PM
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2006
1,456 Posts
I posted this last week
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=487830

If you need more info let me know. I pretty much did the same thing but used a press fit and made the pin by hand instead of a drill bit.

I am thinking you can make it as simple as drilling a #44 or #45 hole then driving a 3/32 set screw into it. The set screw may need to be ground down a bit to get the correct length.

The blades when connected should hold any pin in place, as long as they fit snugly.
I.C.O.N. is offline Find More Posts by I.C.O.N.
Old Mar 09, 2006, 01:53 PM
hamilton ontario canada
Joined Feb 2006
65 Posts
thank you
Old Mar 09, 2006, 01:57 PM
Just call me crash.
Joined Jan 2006
1,308 Posts
Johnny, it's the same as ICON's post but uses drill bits for pins and there are pictures. second page of the BCX Mod thread. Have steady hand or drill press ready.
rocknbil is offline Find More Posts by rocknbil
Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:02 AM
I fly into trees.
United States, AZ, Tempe
Joined Jan 2006
90 Posts
I repaired my lower pin with carbon rod. The size is .097 I think.

1. I sheared both pins off as cleanly as possible.
2. I used a brand new xacto knife to center a hole where I would drill out the area where the plastic pin had been.
3. I drilled a hole a little bit smaller than the size of the carbon rod.
4. I then reamed the hole out with the drill until the carbon rod fit into one hole, through the center, and out the hole on the other side.
5. I then cut the rod on one side so that now both side stuck out the correct length.
6. I applied a decent amount of CA to the outside, but applied a pretty liberal amount to the inside, so that the glue is on both sides of the pins.
7. I let everything dry overnight.
8. Because the carbon rod went through the center of the assembly, I simply drilled out the center to remove the carbon rod and excess glue.

Works like a dream!
Kemper is offline Find More Posts by Kemper
Old Mar 10, 2006, 09:58 AM
Drifter
Joined Apr 2004
48 Posts
Slick!
Commander_Drake is offline Find More Posts by Commander_Drake
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:17 AM
hamilton ontario canada
Joined Feb 2006
65 Posts
great job everyone-i'm not sure if mine is broken or not-i replaced the center shaft -it flies great-can i check it without dismantling the whole assembly