|Mar 09, 2006, 09:20 AM|
blade cx lower pin
someone posted detailed instructions on how to repair the broken pins on the lower blade assembly- i can't find them-any help-thanks
|Mar 09, 2006, 09:48 AM|
There is a sticky in the Multi Rotor Heli's section called "How I Modified my BCX ...". The first post in that thread has a couple of attachments at the bottom, one of them is BCX Mods.doc. About half to two thirds of the way through that doc is the info you remember.
I have done it to my BCX and it is working great. I used a 2.5 mm drill for the hole and cut off a section of the drill bit shaft to glue into the hole.
|Mar 09, 2006, 12:11 PM|
I posted this last week
If you need more info let me know. I pretty much did the same thing but used a press fit and made the pin by hand instead of a drill bit.
I am thinking you can make it as simple as drilling a #44 or #45 hole then driving a 3/32 set screw into it. The set screw may need to be ground down a bit to get the correct length.
The blades when connected should hold any pin in place, as long as they fit snugly.
|Mar 10, 2006, 01:02 AM|
I repaired my lower pin with carbon rod. The size is .097 I think.
1. I sheared both pins off as cleanly as possible.
2. I used a brand new xacto knife to center a hole where I would drill out the area where the plastic pin had been.
3. I drilled a hole a little bit smaller than the size of the carbon rod.
4. I then reamed the hole out with the drill until the carbon rod fit into one hole, through the center, and out the hole on the other side.
5. I then cut the rod on one side so that now both side stuck out the correct length.
6. I applied a decent amount of CA to the outside, but applied a pretty liberal amount to the inside, so that the glue is on both sides of the pins.
7. I let everything dry overnight.
8. Because the carbon rod went through the center of the assembly, I simply drilled out the center to remove the carbon rod and excess glue.
Works like a dream!
|Mar 10, 2006, 10:17 AM|
great job everyone-i'm not sure if mine is broken or not-i replaced the center shaft -it flies great-can i check it without dismantling the whole assembly
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Fixed Blade CX lower swashplate falling down||Ben Lanterman||Coaxial Helicopters||3||Feb 03, 2007 09:20 PM|
|Discussion||Blade CX lower rotor head screws won't thread||theblade||Coaxial Helicopters||2||Oct 24, 2006 03:02 PM|
|Discussion||blade cx lower rotor head fix||anthony77||Coaxial Helicopters||2||Dec 30, 2005 07:26 PM|
|Idea||EZ fix for the Blade CX lower rotor head pivots||Velocity-8||Coaxial Helicopters||4||Dec 29, 2005 02:20 AM|
|Help!||Blade CX Lower Blade issue||wrongway7||Coaxial Helicopters||15||Dec 25, 2005 02:41 PM|