SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 10, 2010, 08:25 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,963 Posts
Ron, that's some funny looking balsa
Looks good though. I really need to get rid of my builder's block. I haven't built anything new in quite some time. Got a lot of ideas in my head, but just can't get motivated. The cold garage may have something to do with that. Hopefully, once it warms up, I will start cut'n and glue'n again soon. Oh yeah, still got to get that other bipe in the air too.
Murman is offline Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2010, 08:50 PM
AKA BillyKillaWatt
Rockwell, NC
Joined Jan 2002
1,036 Posts
Just wanted to let you guys know that the Statesville Model Flyers will host an electric only fly in Oct. 8 & 9. Hope you can come.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post14560730
Billy Haynes is offline Find More Posts by Billy Haynes
Old Mar 10, 2010, 08:59 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
luckily i havent had to build outside for many many years .. .. my heart goes out to ya .. now get that bipe going..
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Mar 13, 2010, 03:31 PM
Spring time, planes bloom
near UNC Charlotte, NC
Joined May 2003
1,787 Posts
Finally this cub is ready for a test. If everything goes well I will work on a nicer landing gear. I am hoping it is not too windy tomorrow morning. Are y'all going out to fly?
ecologito is offline Find More Posts by ecologito
Old Mar 13, 2010, 04:36 PM
HELIRLC
SOUTH CHARLOTTE, NC
Joined Feb 2005
1,064 Posts
That is a very BIG looking propeller for that cub. It may cause the plane to rotate instead of the prop.

Russell
HELIRLC is offline Find More Posts by HELIRLC
Old Mar 14, 2010, 01:14 PM
near UNC Charlotte, NC
Joined May 2003
1,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIRLC View Post
That is a very BIG looking propeller for that cub. It may cause the plane to rotate instead of the prop.

Russell
The 90x45 prop is the smallest one I have for the Feigao IPS replacement. I just tested the plane at a small soccer field near my house. It did great and flew just fine at less than half throttle. The wind started to blow and this plane couldn't take it so I brought it down but it did all right.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 02:25 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,963 Posts
Hey Pepe, you should have joined us this morning. Had a great time. Lots of carnage, dents in the ground, foam pieces scattered around, broken props, etc. It was a typical day with the Outlaws.
Ron, I got that other bipe flying pretty well now. Wish you could have been there to see it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2010, 04:09 PM
near UNC Charlotte, NC
Joined May 2003
1,787 Posts
I wanted to join you but the time change threw my schedule off. It sounds like you guys had a good time. Today I went scouting for a place to test planes close to my house. I found a few great fields, next mission, talk to the owners but I spotted very good looking open fields.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 05:41 PM
near UNC Charlotte, NC
Joined May 2003
1,787 Posts
build time

I had some time this week to work on the cub. I am a step closer to be done with it.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 06:08 AM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,963 Posts
Need a wing?

Hi guys, Crashtesthobby.com is introducing a new 30" flying wing and until the end of this month they are offering a 2-for-1 deal. Two complete wing kits for $29.95 + shipping. That's only $19.75 each for a 30" epp wing. I want to take advantage of this deal, but I really only need one of them. Anyone want to split an order with me? I'm thinking I may turn one into a "boomer" type plane so it will fly slower and handle the wind better. Here is the RCG link to the Sythe thread.
RCG Plus Member