Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:11 AM
United States, CO, Superior
Joined Jun 2011
171 Posts
Thanks for the info! I'll experiment with tape and pennies until I'm sure about which way to move the CG.
stevo75 is offline Find More Posts by stevo75
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2011, 06:31 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Montrose Co
Joined Aug 2005
3,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo75 View Post
Thanks for the info! I'll experiment with tape and pennies until I'm sure about which way to move the CG.
He said pennies on a Bee. I would experiment with something like a flatened out split shot for fishing.It doesnt take much on a old style alula. I flew mine today and the battery went dead in mid flight. It flipped over and did 2 360 degree circles and landed upside down right next to me. It could have been a long walk down the hill.
Dragon 2 is offline Find More Posts by Dragon 2
Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:33 PM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
Boulder Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
5,177 Posts
[QUOTE=Dragon 2;19586571 I flew mine today and the battery went dead in mid flight. It flipped over and did 2 360 degree circles and landed upside down right next to me. It could have been a long walk down the hill.[/QUOTE]

Time to buy a lottery ticket

Nick
Jantar2A is offline Find More Posts by Jantar2A
Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:58 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Montrose Co
Joined Aug 2005
3,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantar2A View Post
Time to buy a lottery ticket

Nick
I think your right. LOL
Dragon 2 is offline Find More Posts by Dragon 2
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:25 PM
Littleton, Colorado
Joined Oct 2002
525 Posts
Jones

Saturday at looks good. 0% chance of precip for Empire, Winter Park, Vail... etc.

WP - Mostly sunny. Highs 62 to 68. West winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph in the afternoon.

I have one plane that is ready for a day at Jones, the Outlaw.
Any one else considering a day at the pass?

Jeff
flyswithumb is offline Find More Posts by flyswithumb
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:14 PM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
Boulder Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
5,177 Posts
I might go to Jones Sat. it would be nice to get a crowd there with radar guns.

Nick
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:28 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,108 Posts
Steve and I are planning to be there Sat.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:46 PM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
Boulder Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
5,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Steve and I are planning to be there Sat.

ian
cool ,the forcast looks good.now I know what I'll be doing tomorrow,,fixn planes.

Nick
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:16 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,781 Posts
Glad to see someone is going! I've been watching that weather as well. Tomorrow I'm gonna be fixin my chains! Altho it doesn't look like much snow you never know......
A10FLYR is online now Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:28 PM
Aerobatics!
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Nov 2007
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo75 View Post

The problem is, my CG is at 27mm and it's behaving like it's nose heavy. I trimmed it to glide flat doing arm launches on a calm day and then tried the dive test when I took it to the slope. It consistently pulled out of a dive, so I assumed that meant I'm still nose heavy (as Ian also said). That's why I was confused, I'm already 2 mm behind the recommended CG and it's still acting nose heavy. So I'm hesitant to move it back further, but maybe that's what I need to do.
I had the same experience when I first flew one of my Alula Evos, only it wouldn't fly inverted with the rearward CG. Once I put the CG directly on the dimples it did everything I wanted it to.
JGAF is offline Find More Posts by JGAF
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:36 PM
Human Like You
Colorado
Joined Feb 2001
1,616 Posts
I'm in for Saturday at Jones. Giggity.

Graham
NewbieX is offline Find More Posts by NewbieX
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:40 PM
Sloper padawan
Boulder, CO
Joined Sep 2009
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon 2 View Post
He said pennies on a Bee. I would experiment with something like a flatened out split shot for fishing.It doesnt take much on a old style alula. I flew mine today and the battery went dead in mid flight. It flipped over and did 2 360 degree circles and landed upside down right next to me. It could have been a long walk down the hill.
Your point is good, Dragon. I almost followed up my post suggesting he use dimes instead. You don't have to put the coins all the way at the back edge. You can start near the middle and slide the weight back, giving you continuous adjustment. The reason I suggested coins is because they're flat and we all have them around. Gotta admit I'm fresh out of split shot.

Another thing that works well on the newer Alula is a large rubber band around the tail. The thick-ish foam tail accepts the rubber band well and I can slide it forward or back for micro-adjustments. Not sure how that would work on the old Alula. The tail looks very thin in the images I've seen.

(I also ran in to the classifieds thread where stevo bought the plane. Build looks very nice.)
Erasmas is offline Find More Posts by Erasmas
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:44 AM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,781 Posts
Looks like a great weekend!!

Tonight: Clear, with a low around 25. Breezy, with a west northwest wind between 18 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 50. Breezy, with a west wind between 21 and 26 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 33. Breezy, with a west wind between 15 and 24 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph.

Sunday: A 10 percent chance of showers after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. West wind between 9 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.

Sunday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy and windy, with a low around 27.
A10FLYR is online now Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:11 AM
Joined Sep 2004
258 Posts
Sounds like a party on Jones saturday, count me in! It is blowing 35-45 mph and 32 degrees up there now. Bring your cold weather gear!! Matt
Wacko1 is offline Find More Posts by Wacko1
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:20 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,108 Posts
Ya, the Skew-Ts are in for tomorrow at Jones, and it looks like 35mph from the West all day
long, sunny and zero chance of precip. Could be some of the best DS conditions we've
ever had there. If it holds, we might see 300mph speeds. Wish I had a gun that'd read
faster than 308mph.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member