HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2006, 03:20 PM
Greeley, CO
Joined Jul 2001
231 Posts
Sounds good, Karl, I'll ck bk in with you in a couple days. When might you head up, Friday or Saturday?

Bill (The Predator Bee I got from you at the S CO Slope Challenge is still pretty fresh!! You wouldn't attack your own kid, would you??)
PENGINEER1 is offline Find More Posts by PENGINEER1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2006, 10:51 PM
The Predator
Golden, Colorado
Joined Dec 2004
3,565 Posts
Most likely Saterday!
The Predator is offline Find More Posts by The Predator
Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:20 PM
Where's the wind?
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2004
5,868 Posts
Looks like I may be around a bit Saturday afternoon. I looked at the game schedule for the hockey tourney and I have a game at noon and 7pm on Saturday. Games are at The Edge which is pretty close to Zion.

Maybe see a few of you up there if ya'll aren't flying Jones.

Andrew
the_canuck is offline Find More Posts by the_canuck
Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:36 PM
No Plane - No Gain
Platteville, CO
Joined Jan 2005
1,773 Posts
I hope to be up a Zion Saturday. I want to get the combat wings dialed in close enough to fly them both with the same model program on my radio.
I was hoping to be ready for a maiden flight on another project as well, but I keep running into setbacks (meaning I kind of suck at building).
TomO is offline Find More Posts by TomO
Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:11 AM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
Boulder Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
5,225 Posts
I have looked at a few forecast and wind might be up NCAR Friday from 12 noon to dinner time so I hope to be there or Zion testing a couple of new planes I have built for the super 77th ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nick
Jantar2A is offline Find More Posts by Jantar2A
Old Aug 11, 2006, 09:57 AM
Just tape it, it'll fly
Broomfield Jeffco, Colorado, United States
Joined Jun 2003
649 Posts
Doctor's appointment, sorry.
Pete-O is offline Find More Posts by Pete-O
Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:16 AM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
Boulder Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
5,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-O
Doctor's appointment, sorry.
All Day???? yesterday no transmitter?? It sound's like your getting yeller ,,with all the excuses and all ,,but I'm sure that's not the case.

Smack ya later,,,,,,,,Nick
Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:40 AM
No Plane - No Gain
Platteville, CO
Joined Jan 2005
1,773 Posts
If it does turn on, I'll be happy to give you a run for the money. Someones gotta teach you that bigger is not always better!

I'll be free lunchtime and then after work.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 11:12 AM
fly it low
Colorado
Joined Dec 2004
601 Posts
Bigger is not always better and Speed Kills!

That Super Smacker's only advantage will be easy identification when it goes tumbling from numerous poundings administered by a dozen or so Pred Bees

Fear the Swarm!

Rick
JetStreamJoe is offline Find More Posts by JetStreamJoe
Old Aug 11, 2006, 11:54 AM
Just tape it, it'll fly
Broomfield Jeffco, Colorado, United States
Joined Jun 2003
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantar2A
All Day???? yesterday no transmitter?? It sound's like your getting yeller ,,with all the excuses and all ,,but I'm sure that's not the case.

Smack ya later,,,,,,,,Nick
OK, that's it! You're going to learn a whole new meaning for the word "pain", pal. Super Smacker? More like super slacker! I hope you're painting it up like a cow, cuz that's how it's gonna fly! And just like a cow, it's gonna spand a whole lot of time in the grass!

Alright, I'll settle down. I don't have my TX with me today, either. Just too much work to do. I might be able to get out on sunday, but that's about the best I can do right now. Since I've got next weekend reserved, I'm getting pinned with all sort of things to do.

Pete
Pete-O is offline Find More Posts by Pete-O
Old Aug 11, 2006, 01:15 PM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
Boulder Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
5,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-O
OK, that's it! You're going to learn a whole new meaning for the word "pain", pal. Super Smacker? More like super slacker! I hope you're painting it up like a cow, cuz that's how it's gonna fly! And just like a cow, it's gonna spand a whole lot of time in the grass!

Alright, I'll settle down. I don't have my TX with me today, either. Just too much work to do. I might be able to get out on sunday, but that's about the best I can do right now. Since I've got next weekend reserved, I'm getting pinned with all sort of things to do.

Pete
SKI YA SUNDAY
Old Aug 11, 2006, 03:30 PM
No Plane - No Gain
Platteville, CO
Joined Jan 2005
1,773 Posts
Looks like NCAR waited until I decided to do something else before it turned on. I went out to Cherryvale and flew a floater for a while along with some other folks. It was a launch/fly for three minutes/land kind of day for me.

Oh well, maybe the wind will continue to blow through 5:00.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 05:40 PM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
Boulder Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
5,225 Posts
I went to NCAR and test flew the proto-type of the new super smacker and after a few cg adjustment's I was very impressed.it has the best speed range and handling of any wing I have flown to date.

after flying my new super smacker I flew my bee .
my bee flyies great but seems to be a little slugish and slow after flying my super smacker,,not that it is ,,it's just the super smacker was faster and livelier,,

Nick
Old Aug 11, 2006, 08:38 PM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
Boulder Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
5,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantar2A
I went to NCAR and test flew the proto-type of the new super smacker and after a few cg adjustment's I was very impressed.it has the best speed range and handling of any wing I have flown to date.

after flying my new super smacker I flew my bee .
my bee flyies great but seems to be a little slugish and slow after flying my super smacker,,not that it is ,,it's just the super smacker was faster and livelier,,

here's a pic
Nick
here is a pic
Old Aug 12, 2006, 11:09 AM
The Predator
Golden, Colorado
Joined Dec 2004
3,565 Posts
I wonder what it would be like if we were all flying Super Smackers! I'll bet it would be a blast for about 2-3 hits, until one plows into the ground at speed or a head on occurs, the end. Imagine a super smacker tumbleing into the crowd after a hit. Personally, I'd rather not get Super Smacked !
The Predator is offline Find More Posts by The Predator