Old Mar 03, 2006, 03:49 PM
Death and Taxes
Des Moines I'm in Heaven...I mean Iowa
Joined Feb 2006
835 Posts
Discussion
Typhoon maiden voyage!

Hello there!

Today was a pretty nice day. About a 5 MPH wind. I just received my servo rods from Horizon, because the other one had the threads stripped out on them, so they sent me new ones. I wasn't going to fly this until I flew other begginer aircraft. I flew and landed about 5 times. It was a success, and I wouldn't have made any errors at all, if I didn't have someone call over to me. I took my eyes off of it for 1 sec...I mean 1 second, and bam...it crashed. It tore out one of my wing joiners. I epoxied it back in, and then went out again. Flew and landed and did roles and inverteds and landed several times. The only thing that I see wrong with the plane is that the main wing moves around a bit in the socet when screwed in. Its almost like the whole wing area that locates the wing has been opened up. Is there any tips any of you can give as to how to snug it up again? Its still flyable, but I would like it to be a little more snug. Should I maybe epoxy around the inside of the wingsets?

Anyhoo, man, I haven't had that much fun in I don't know how long. I'm about done building my slowstick, and am looking forward to flying that one. I also have a Challenger that I haven't flown yet. The sims really do help. The only thing that threw me off is that the wind can be overpowering, but the controls of the typhoon let you easily recover from a sudden drop, or wing gust. I HAD A SUPER TIME. Thanks for all you guys support. Looks like I am hooked on flying planes!

JImmy
conceptmachining is offline Find More Posts by conceptmachining
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2006, 07:00 PM
We fly the fun stuff
Caldwell, Idaho
Joined Dec 2005
248 Posts
Great to hear about your maiden!!! My wings don't seem to have that problem but I've of others that have. I've heard that what the problem is where the screw tab goes into the wing comes lose. I put clear packaging tape on my wing roots just to be sure.
newkid is offline Find More Posts by newkid