SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 03, 2006, 01:25 AM
Where's the wind?
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2004
5,855 Posts
Discussion
Night Fly LED Setup for Foamies

I normally hang out in the slope forum, but thought I would post this here as well. I'm working on LED wiring kits for all kinds of airplanes so you can fly at night or at dusk and still easily see your plane.

I've been kicking the idea around for a while and finally after seeing some guys in southern CA flying their slope planes I got together the stuff that is needed.

I've come up with a fairly neat wiring harness setup that is made from 28 guage ribbon cable. 5 LED's per harness. The LED end of the harness has a small connector that allows you to easily install or change LEDs without having to solder. In fact the whole harness is plug and play.

I have just started selling the wiring harnesses on my web store. Prices are $12 dollars for the standard harness with set wire lengths and $15 dollars for a custom harness with customer specified lengths. Each harness comes with your choice of LED colors. For more info see my store.

www.canuckengineering.com/store

I have also started a tips section on my site to show some installation tricks.

http://canuckengineering.com/drupal/?q=LEDTips

I recorded a video of some flyers in CA flying at night so you can see planes in action at night.

http://canuckengineering.com/drupal/...&g2_itemId=373

Save the video to your computer. You will need a player that can play Divx videos.

Andrew Williams
www.canuckengineering.com
the_canuck is offline Find More Posts by the_canuck
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2006, 02:28 AM
Where's the wind?
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2004
5,855 Posts
Lots of updates now on the website including links to videos of the LED Bee flying at night.

Andrew
the_canuck is offline Find More Posts by the_canuck