HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2002, 11:21 AM
Oskaloosa, IA
Joined Apr 2002
363 Posts
GWS 8 Channel Receiver Questions

I hope this is not SPAM.

I did a search on GWS Receivers and found 11 pages of info. on GWS receivers. Plenty of info. on the 4P, 4N, and 6N series, but no info. on the 8 channel dual conversion receivers GWS offers.

Has anyone had any experience with the 8 channel dual conversion receivers from GWS?

I am going to build a Zagi with an Astroflight 020. I am trying to decide on the right receiver.

Thanks for the help.
latch66 is offline Find More Posts by latch66
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2002, 03:24 PM
Senior to who? Member
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Joined Feb 2001
2,450 Posts
This rx will certainly work BUT unless you have problem with interferance, I wouldnt spend the extra bucks. You can fly the Zagi till its a speck without going beyond 1000' with a 4 ch single conversion. I fly with a friend or at the club and NEVER have had a significant hit using a GWS single conversion RX, a few with a Hitec Feather is the only exception. Personnally if I were buying yet another RX, Id spend the $4-5 extra for a 6 ch., its nice to be able to use dual aileron servos and either
retract or flaps. The extra 2 grams wont bother anything except your lightest planes.
If you do go dual conversion, Id recommend the newest FMA products. I have several and they are rock solid and very smalll/light and I think a few buck cheaper that GWS.crossup
crossup is offline Find More Posts by crossup