HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 02, 2006, 07:26 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Akura2's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
New Product
THunder Tiger's New Desmosedici!

Thanks to slausenb...

http://acehobby.com/ace/TTR6301_F.htm
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2006, 07:47 AM
Registered User
Danbury, CT
Joined Jun 2005
1,298 Posts
Hope they sell just the body set.
^jynx^ is offline Find More Posts by ^jynx^
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2006, 08:19 AM
STeve B in NC
mollycbr123's Avatar
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^jynx^
Hope they sell just the body set.
Even if they release the bike with that body as a kit, you'd be able to buy a replacement body separately.

Anyone have any idea on when that body may be available, or is it going to be like the release of the TT nitro, where they teased us with pics for two years?
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2006, 08:20 AM
Registered User
katana2665's Avatar
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,420 Posts
Someone was listening....or more likely, reading these boards.
katana2665 is offline Find More Posts by katana2665
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2006, 08:29 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Akura2's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
Same here... the bike is going to be the same.. but the body is going to be different.... but the fact that soon there will be a pretty cool-looking body available at a decent price, painted and unpainted and with wide distributorship...

personally I can't wait... I go through bodies pretty regularly, whether it's because I get tired of the paintjob and want to do another, or from scrapes and cracks, and no-one makes anything that i think looks THAT great at this moment... The 999R looks too wide in the fromt, the R1's tail is too long and the front is too wide. The NF's are made from crappy lexan, don't look that great , and are waaaay too expensive......

and though Daniele's bodies look great, other have had issues with them and they are relatively expensive and not so easily obtainable for those of us here in the 'States...

I've called Thunder Tiger/Ace Hobby and the still don't have a release date... but I'll keep checking
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2006, 09:29 AM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Allan Waterfall's Avatar
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2
and though Daniele's bodies look great, other have had issues with them and they are relatively expensive and not so easily obtainable for those of us here in the 'States...
I'm just waiting for the replacement bodies from Daniele,he's already shipped them.He says there was a problem with the material and he's now using a different grade of lexan.

He's replacing all three and a carbon one for Thommo,so I think he really is trying to get them right and I hope he's successful with the replacements.

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2006, 10:02 AM
flexwing addict
mark675's Avatar
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
is it me or does the front of the desmosidici not look right?
should look abit sharper by the air intake.
they got it well wrong imo, i prefer the tt 999r
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2006, 10:11 AM
Registered User
(V)aximus's Avatar
Joined Dec 2005
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNEEBOY
is it me or does the front of the desmosidici not look right?
should look abit sharper by the air intake.
they got it well wrong imo, i prefer the tt 999r
True...
(V)aximus is offline Find More Posts by (V)aximus
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2006, 11:45 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Akura2's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
Well now that i look more closely at it.. Daniele's body looks more accurate... but the Thunder Tiger isn't THAT off .... the real bike is pointier and longer in the front... The Thunder Tiger looks like a combination between the Desmosedici and the RC211V... but you can still paint it whatever color and decal scheme you want.... I still don't like the 999R.... it's too fat in the front

The new Ducati might have looked better if they had painted the intake black

I DO like that fact that the new body is more generic than the 999R so it's open to more paint schemes... to each his own...
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Last edited by Akura2; Mar 02, 2006 at 11:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2006, 12:05 PM
Registered User
w00p's Avatar
Belgium
Joined Jun 2005
741 Posts
They did get it a bit wrong, but its lexan, it curves when you vacform it, sharp edges are hard to achieve.
I disagree, this is way better than the 999r because its almost a bit like the old r1 body: with the right paintjob you can make it look like any bike.
Apart from the tail that is...
(edit: akura beat me to it! )
w00p is offline Find More Posts by w00p
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2006, 12:14 PM
STeve B in NC
mollycbr123's Avatar
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2
the new body is more generic ...
That is exactly what I want.

My next bike will be a Honkawaprilasuzuducyamagucci {insert any team/rider} replica.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2006, 02:09 PM
Registered User
2000-redrider's Avatar
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycbr123
My next bike will be a Honkawaprilasuzuducyamagucci {insert any team/rider} replica.
Oh man, I was going to do that bike.
2000-redrider is offline Find More Posts by 2000-redrider
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2006, 06:32 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Akura2's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
Well I look at it this way... I will be able to get two or three of them for the price of the next best-looking thing (Daniele's)... and I like variety... the R1 was cool because it was pretty generic, but it still was "off" but tolerable... the 999R is off, but no matter how you paint it, it still looks like a 999R

Now this new body can look like the RC211V (one of my favorites) because the nose is stubbier than the actual Desmo.. it can look like the Desmo (because it supposed to be), if you cut the curves under the tail straighter or cut the tail to a point, it can look like a GP Yamaha or Suzuki.... at that point you've covered most of the possibilties
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2006, 08:19 PM
Registered User
swheels's Avatar
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
I would just settle for it being availible before the summer gets here.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2006, 08:32 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Akura2's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels
I would just settle for it being availible before the summer gets here.
I want it now!!!!!!!
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Thunder Power's new 450 Heli LuckyDuc Mini Helis 3 Jul 31, 2007 02:23 PM
Discussion Seawind or Thunder Tiger Team New Zealand? singlin Sailboats 1 Jul 24, 2007 11:07 AM
Discussion Thunder tiger .61 new and badŽ! jon8889 Engines 1 Sep 02, 2006 02:22 PM
New Product New Thunder Tiger Desmosedici Akura2 Motorcycles 11 May 05, 2006 02:11 AM
WTB: Thunder Tiger Sparky new/used MGBGTRacer Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Nov 22, 2004 10:12 AM