HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2002, 06:18 AM
Don't provoke my wife!
Fort Worth Texas
Joined May 2002
363 Posts
How hot can my receiver get in my Aspire

After about my third motor run, I land and ck the cp1300 8 cell pack. It is very warm, almost to hot to hold on to for very long. If you are fimiliar with the Aspire you will know that my radio receiver sits directly underneath the battery pack, (two wood rails). After a long flight (3 motor runs) I remove the cp1300 battery pack and I feel the receiver and it is pretty warm! I haven't had any radio problems yet. But could it be a problem. If it is, do any of you use or could you suggest some kind of light weight insulating material that does not reflect radio waves etc.

Thanks
Ripley is offline Find More Posts by Ripley
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2002, 07:10 AM
London UK
Joined Sep 2001
105 Posts
Heat

Most pieces of electronics equipment can stand fairly high ambient temperatures. Even quite sophisticated computerised kit can work comfortably at temperatures above 50 degrees Centigrade for short periods of time.

The receiver case should provide reasonable heat protection to the circuitry inside. If you are concerned, you could add a layer of light ply or balsa between the cell pack and the receiver or even use a strip of thin aluminium (which could double as a heat sink for the cell pack). I personally like to keep my receiver well away from the battery pack as I regard it as both a source of electrical interference and an RF screen.

Neil
Neil McGrath is offline Find More Posts by Neil McGrath
Old Jun 25, 2002, 08:00 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Hitec receivers come with a foam wrap that would work fine..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Jun 25, 2002, 08:47 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,605 Posts
Please do not post the same question in multiple forums.

Moved to Modelling Science to be merged with the other thread of the same title.

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jun 25, 2002, 01:58 PM
san marcos, ca
Joined Jun 2001
677 Posts
hi temp

we design and test our receivers for 140 degrees F (about 60 degrees C) but i would not recommend running them at that temperature for extended periods of time
peter berg
potifar is offline Find More Posts by potifar