HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ZIPPER, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 07:42 PM
Free as a bird now.
United States, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined May 2002
6,603 Posts
I really hope the Dom will make it out to Soar Utah. That way, I can be the only person that flies it in two seperate locations, thousands of miles apart!!
Brian Courtice is online now Find More Posts by Brian Courtice
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2006, 12:15 AM
PWP!
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Oct 2002
3,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Courtice
I really hope the Dom will make it out to Soar Utah. That way, I can be the only person that flies it in two seperate locations, thousands of miles apart!!
You keep travelling, we'll call you the World Slope Tourer.
ajroahkni is offline Find More Posts by ajroahkni
Old Aug 30, 2006, 11:49 AM
Summit County, Colorado
Joined Aug 2006
64 Posts
I see that BIGWAVE Dave is on the list for the Co. Rockies region, can we vote for next ship
Sounds like it could do the Utah event, taken to Co. after that by Canuck
And as I recall being requested by the founders early on that nobody does any ds'ing or low acro at all. Just a reminder that to complete it's journey or even make it to the east coast or Europe she will have to be treated better. Maybe a reminder from Zipper would be more appropriate. I'm sure the ds'ers have planes to risk and those that don't shouldn't be using this one eh. Repairs are common on any wing but.... No ds No combat No Low knifing or acro... Any back-up appreciated guys. You wanna go nuts take out YOUR wing. Have a ball.

Dman
Dmanmay is offline Find More Posts by Dmanmay
Old Aug 30, 2006, 04:56 PM
by ZIPPER
East Kurrajong Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2004
5,705 Posts
I agree Dman, we do have to make this plane last (although it was good to see that she DS'ed ok).
My own Dom has been DS's and combated for over 2 years, has only had one recover and is still flying and looking good.
The Dom is NOT meant to be like a prostitute, you have to treat it like you would treat a child!

Dont forget it's a World Tour

Glenn
ZIPPER is offline Find More Posts by ZIPPER
Old Aug 30, 2006, 05:46 PM
Vitruvian JART
San Francisco
Joined Mar 2003
5,023 Posts
Cool! Looks like I'll have the only video of the DOM DSing.
Reed is offline Find More Posts by Reed
Last edited by Reed; Aug 30, 2006 at 09:39 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 08:36 PM
Fly~Crash~Repair~Repeat
San Luis Obispo, CA
Joined Aug 2005
302 Posts
No disrespect......

I'm sure that those people hosting the Dom know that she has a long way to go yet and also understand, as posted quite some time ago, that if any damage is done, it's the responsibility of the host to repair accordingly. That said, those that DS on a regular basis know not to push the envelope with her and any damage from IPI's that may occur should be repaired before sending her on to the next host. It' is only common courtesy to fix what you break . At least that's what grandpa told me .

Dave
SLO Soarer is offline Find More Posts by SLO Soarer
Old Aug 31, 2006, 02:28 AM
That should fly!
San Antonio, Texas
Joined Oct 2001
2,406 Posts
I hate to say it, but...

...I am the Texan buddy that Canuck refers to in the "Colorado Front Range Slopers" thread that can not make Soar Utah because of work. Being the current bearer of the Dom, it was my intention to bring it with me to the event. I was planning to ship planes in advance to Andrew, aka Canuck, fly to Denver, and ride up to Utah with him.

Upon arrival, Dom is in decent shape. The covering is wrinkled a bit, but I will try to shrink them out. My Texas crew and I already have plans in place to fly it over the best of our slopes. It is slated to fly at E-Rock, the Quarry site, and wind permitting, Canyon Lake Dam.

Sorry I could not get her/him/it to Utah!

James
Admiral_Red is offline Find More Posts by Admiral_Red
Old Aug 31, 2006, 06:35 AM
by ZIPPER
East Kurrajong Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2004
5,705 Posts
Is it still to late to send it to Utah with someone else?
It would be great if it could be there, I think it would be more important to fly there and maybe come back and fly at E-Rock.

Glenn
ZIPPER is offline Find More Posts by ZIPPER
Old Aug 31, 2006, 10:23 AM
That should fly!
San Antonio, Texas
Joined Oct 2001
2,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPPER
Is it still to late to send it to Utah with someone else?
It would be great if it could be there, I think it would be more important to fly there and maybe come back and fly at E-Rock.

Glenn
I can ship it out there, I just need an address for someone in Utah.

***Found it, I'l contact Eric Vogel.*** I want it BACK SOON!
Old Sep 03, 2006, 11:45 PM
Where's the wind?
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2004
5,855 Posts
The Dom has arrived at Utah and we assembled it today and flew it some in light lift. We got a few sigs in the log book. Nick from Boulder had the wing as he volunteered to buy a RX so we could get it flying.

One wing joiner came cracked, but she looks good other than the joiner. It's a decent flying wing, but heavy and tends to tip stall if allowed to get too slow.

Andrew
the_canuck is offline Find More Posts by the_canuck
Old Sep 04, 2006, 03:56 AM
That should fly!
San Antonio, Texas
Joined Oct 2001
2,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_canuck
The Dom has arrived at Utah...

Andrew
Remember who gets it back after it tours CO! It's not like I think you might forget that the "who" is me. After the Texas Slope Rats are done touring the state with "Dom", Jackie Poo aka "Leglidermangernator" says a Kansas tour is necessary!
Old Sep 04, 2006, 10:06 PM
Vitruvian JART
San Francisco
Joined Mar 2003
5,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_canuck

One wing joiner came cracked, but she looks good other than the joiner. It's a decent flying wing, but heavy and tends to tip stall if allowed to get too slow.

Andrew
Oh great, now that will be blamed on the "DS experience"!

Hehe, oh well, I'll send a fresh one out to Admiral Red or whomever has it - what size is it?
Reed is offline Find More Posts by Reed
Old Sep 06, 2006, 09:30 AM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
Boulder Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
5,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed
Oh great, now that will be blamed on the "DS experience"!

Hehe, oh well, I'll send a fresh one out to Admiral Red or whomever has it - what size is it?
Don't worry I have a new 1 in my stock pile of carbon I'll replace it before it flies at Glacier Ridge,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nick
Jantar2A is offline Find More Posts by Jantar2A
Old Sep 06, 2006, 04:36 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,379 Posts
Its an EPP wing people and we all know slope is hard on all foamies after awhile tape peels and wrinkles and the odd things happen small dents and such ,but from what Ive seen in the photo's is that the Dom is being treated quite well so less of the damage reports and more of the flying reports are needed . If it looks a bit shabby do a little maintenance work before shipping it on .
IMHO
SteveW
steve wenban is online now Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Sep 06, 2006, 05:21 PM
Fly~Crash~Repair~Repeat
San Luis Obispo, CA
Joined Aug 2005
302 Posts
Amen brother Wenban......Tell it . I agree, things happen, and considering how many hands this plane has gone through and still will go through, it's an unfortunate inevitability. If it breaks, fix it. If it doesn't, ship it to the next person. I was always told to return it better condition than you received it. If we all hold to that philosophy then the Dom should have no problem making it to the final destination.

Dave
SLO Soarer is offline Find More Posts by SLO Soarer