Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by ZIPPER, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:36 AM
You must die! I alone am best.
The Naughty Corner..Find me tweeting @slopetrashuk
Joined Sep 2003
5,011 Posts
She's not long since been posted. I'm not worried yet. Wrote a nice update in my slope column. Those of you lucky enough to get it can read it in a few weeks by which time she should be sunning herself!
Wonder how much she'll be worth in Greece?

Andy
slopetrashuk is offline Find More Posts by slopetrashuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2011, 01:08 PM
Joined Feb 2006
955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopetrashuk;Wonder how much [U
she[/U]'ll be worth in Greece?

Andy
Funny, is it not? I also thought of the DOM as a HE.
Surely, had it been of the female gender, she would have been a DOMINATRIX
doddlepots is offline Find More Posts by doddlepots
Old Jul 13, 2011, 03:33 PM
Joined Sep 2003
5,011 Posts
C'Mon Doddlepots. EVERYBODY knows model aircraft are female. Think about it - It explains SO much!
Moreso when they are messing about and don't behave well. Won't do what you want when you want them to. Break down for no apparent reason. Need a little cosmetic work every now and again. A little pampering here and there and a lot of tweaking to get the best out of them!
Old Jul 13, 2011, 05:33 PM
Joined Feb 2006
955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopetrashuk View Post
C'Mon Doddlepots. EVERYBODY knows model aircraft are female. Think about it - It explains SO much!
Moreso when they are messing about and don't behave well. Won't do what you want when you want them to. Break down for no apparent reason. Need a little cosmetic work every now and again. A little pampering here and there and a lot of tweaking to get the best out of them!
All right, but I don't have any planes that sulk or whine when I stash them in the basement for months. They are only too pleased when they get the occasional airing. No recriminations: "What do you mean by leaving me here in this miserable hole, while you prissy around with that horrible crunchie?"
doddlepots is offline Find More Posts by doddlepots
Old Jul 14, 2011, 02:31 AM
Believes in Foamies
Greece/Thessaly/Trikala
Joined Apr 2005
292 Posts
Hey, hey guys... model planes are what Females would be like if we guys had built them as we wanted...

Andy, when did you sent the Dominator out to Greece? A Date please...
DeltaMan is offline Find More Posts by DeltaMan
Old Jul 23, 2011, 01:22 AM
Believes in Foamies
Greece/Thessaly/Trikala
Joined Apr 2005
292 Posts
Good Morning gentlemen from sunny (and Hooot) Greece...

The Dominator reached me a couple of days ago but I finally got my hands on it yesterday, because I was away in Athens for work purposes...
Everything looks fine as you will see in the pictures. I have to admit that it seemed to me like a Heavy wing. My wings are mostly lighter than the Dom for the same wing surface, but I can understand it's because of the use and the joining center...
Nevertheless it needs good wind to fly, so I'm planning to take her Up High enough. My region is Not famous for turning wind turbines...
It will fly with a Corona 2,4 GHz Rx and a DIY 2,4 GHz Graupner MC-24 radio. I didn't notice the CG but we will be in touch. I'm the kind of guy who keeps in touch...
My goal is to keep the Dom a Week the most if I'm able and send it on it's way to the next, Lucky guy...
Package box and Elevons, are a Very Neat job by the way...

Thank you Andy and thank you All for giving my the chance to be a part of the RCGroups Global Dominator history._
Last edited by DeltaMan; Jul 23, 2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 01:27 AM
Joined Sep 2003
5,011 Posts
Marvellous! I can breathe out again now!
Don't worry too much about the wind mate. She may suprise you!

Andy
Old Jul 23, 2011, 01:36 AM
Believes in Foamies
Greece/Thessaly/Trikala
Joined Apr 2005
292 Posts
But of Course you can breathe Andy...
The Dom is in Fine hands now... She will fly as more as we can, Every Day, with as many people's hands as we have, in different locations. You will see pictures of her next to Meteora rocks as well, but I'm not sure if I will fly it there as planes get really LOST there if something goes wrong...

Tomorrow, I hope to take her on her first walk on a close by Slope for first testings. Please don't forget to send me the Informations for the next stop...
Last edited by DeltaMan; Jul 23, 2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 01:06 AM
Believes in Foamies
Greece/Thessaly/Trikala
Joined Apr 2005
292 Posts
Hello All.

We went flying Sunday, but had to try some new gliders, wind was Not blowing and I didn't take the Dom with me. It was proved to be my mistake after all, 'cause at the end of the day, at about 20:00 we had Lots of wind, and we were 5 people there to take turns on the sticks...
Well, I went up there again in Monday with my wife and kids to test fly the Dom hoping for some air from what I could see on the Flat with trees and gas stations flags bending over... The Slope was Not so windy though, so I had to only throw it a couple of times to test glide it a bit...
I was surprised how the plane retained it's energy and speed, and it was coming back to me after some strong throws. I had though some Yawing issues, and I think that Tip stabilizers are Not big enough.
Nevertheless, I will try again in bigger winds and/or steeper slopes. One thing if for sure though... It IS a speedy wing...
I do have some questions...:
* Could you please explain how the buzzer works? I know (read) that it is a Lost Model Alarm, but does it work the same with the 2,4GHz systems?
* One servo was a bit broken and I might have to change it. I could fit two metal geared but I don't have any right now...
* What's the capacity of the battery? I charged it yesterday to go flying and then I Discharged it taking Off about 1000 mAh...
Last edited by DeltaMan; Jul 26, 2011 at 01:15 AM.
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:37 AM
Believes in Foamies
Greece/Thessaly/Trikala
Joined Apr 2005
292 Posts
SHE FLEW, she flew... The Dom Flew guys!

My Hard Drive is Damaged, it is damaged guys... I can't f@cking believe it. I gathered all the pics and vids from my friend's cameras and mobile phones and yesterday my hard drive was damaged...
I hope more advanced than me technicians will be able to at least bring my files back up. I'm sending it tomorrow to them...

Well, the flight took place up on 1800 meters, on that slope...
http://www.greekwings.gr/HTML/STAMP/...amp2011_01.htm
... where I went with some friends on Sunday morning. At first, wind was blowing from the "back" side which isn't so popular for that location and the Dom stayed in. Later on, after 14:00, the wind switched on the good slope and the Dominator ripped the skies once more... Great speed retention but as I have said, I feel like the Winglets need more surface to stabilize the plane properly... I managed two guys to feel the sticks other than me. We were so few up there, Greeks are Scared of slopes I think...

I also feel that nobody cares for that thread any more or is it just holidays or just me thinking that? Well... I've gone beyond my rules for keeping the Dom only one week, and it feels like now it's time for it to leave for it's newer destination, so please inform me...

DM
Old Aug 04, 2011, 04:47 PM
USA, WA, Kennewick
Joined Nov 2005
501 Posts
Can you still sign up for the tour?
The old sign up thread is closed.
sscherin is offline Find More Posts by sscherin
Old Aug 07, 2011, 05:07 PM
United States, NV, Carson City
Joined Jan 2007
631 Posts
I want in also, if we still can?

Ian
ian murdock is offline Find More Posts by ian murdock
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:40 AM
by ZIPPER
East Kurrajong Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2004
5,629 Posts
Unfortunately for you guy's, it's has already been through the US.

DM
Ill let you know were she goes next when I get conformation.
ZIPPER is online now Find More Posts by ZIPPER
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:31 AM
...missing the PE Slope Rebels
United States, MI, Manchester
Joined May 2004
3,022 Posts
Has it made a stop in South Africa ?
Flying Beagle is online now Find More Posts by Flying Beagle
Old Aug 08, 2011, 03:39 AM
by ZIPPER
East Kurrajong Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2004
5,629 Posts
It looks like we have our next custodian.
Flying Beagle, can you arrange with DM to get it over there?
ZIPPER is online now Find More Posts by ZIPPER