SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 28, 2006, 03:10 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jan 2006
101 Posts
Discussion
Book about Futaba 9C Super ?

Hi,

I have a 9C Super and looking for a book about it. I know 2 books about 9C in the market but I dont know if they are also related with 9C Super.

Do you know if their menus and software are same (or nearly same) or not? Then maybe it can be useful to have these books. Which one do you advice ?

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.
Tugrul is offline Find More Posts by Tugrul
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2006, 03:54 PM
Southwest Ohio USA
Joined Sep 2002
443 Posts
Well I can't recommend the one by Higley because to me it just takes the same info covered in the Futaba 9C users manual and adds pictures. But if you want to pay shipping fees (actual fees, not inflated fees) I will give you my copy of this book so you can see for yourself if it is helpful. I purchased the book but decided not to buy the 9C.

Send PM with your address if interested.

Buzz
Tfour2 is offline Find More Posts by Tfour2
Old Mar 01, 2006, 02:01 PM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
hi tfour2 ... Which radio did you get in the end? I am thinking of getting the 9c super - what do think is wrong with it?
VinceHaworth is offline Find More Posts by VinceHaworth
Old Mar 01, 2006, 04:06 PM
Southwest Ohio USA
Joined Sep 2002
443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceHaworth
hi tfour2 ... Which radio did you get in the end? I am thinking of getting the 9c super - what do think is wrong with it?
On the 9C when the butterfly function is switched on the stick trims are no longer stick trims - they become mix rate controls (or offset settings). Lots of people like this method if you switch the butterfly fuction on prior to landing and leave it turned off otherwise. Those of us who like to keep the butterfly function enabled all the time, using the "throttle" stick for differential butterfly control, don't care for it (so we don't have to remember to flip the switch prior to landing). The 8U did not work this way, and on the 9C it can't be disabled.

I went with Mulitplex and got less restrictive s/w but sloppy workmanship.

If I were to buy today I would look very closely at the JR 9303 for a mid-range TX.

Buzz
Last edited by Tfour2; Mar 02, 2006 at 07:40 AM. Reason: clarifications added
Old Mar 02, 2006, 05:52 AM
Joined Jun 2005
599 Posts
I like this method because you get individual, dedicated trims for aileron and elevator when using each of the crow, flap and reflex settings.
guy mckenzie is offline Find More Posts by guy mckenzie
Old Mar 07, 2006, 04:09 PM
simi valley, ca
Joined Jan 2004
31 Posts
Tugrul,

I have a 9C and am also looking for help. The manual stinks. I have seen a book advertised in the banner here on rcgroups, but of course once I start looking for it, I can't find it. Anybody have the link?

Thanks,
Stan
Pinga_Dog is offline Find More Posts by Pinga_Dog
Old Mar 08, 2006, 04:02 AM
Joined Jun 2005
599 Posts
Annmarie Cross wrote the Futaba 9C user's guide. I don't know what you fly but it does not cover sailplanes.

https://sslrelay.com/s119033911.onea...dex.shopscript
guy mckenzie is offline Find More Posts by guy mckenzie
Old Mar 08, 2006, 10:00 AM
simi valley, ca
Joined Jan 2004
31 Posts
Guy,

Thanks. That's the one I was looking for.

Stan
Old Mar 09, 2006, 09:40 AM
Southwest Ohio USA
Joined Sep 2002
443 Posts
OK I gave away the Higley 9C book.

Anyone want a copy of the Higley book for programming the Futaba 8U and the JR 8103 for the cost of shipping (about US$2)? Both TX's are covered in this one book.

Just let me know.

Buzz
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:39 PM
Torrington, CT. 06790, U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2002
267 Posts
The Futaba 9C user's guide by Anne Marie Cross

Hello Guy McKenzie,

I have problem to get the book: "The Futaba 9C user's guide by Anne Marie Cross." I placed an order through Traplet Distribution USA (I live in Connecticut) 2 weeks ago but still didn't get the book yet.
If you guys want to have that book then make sure to order 6 months ahead because that book is coming from England.
I don't know why Traplet Distribution USA doesn't care about their customers.
Minh Nguyen
Minh Nguyen is offline Find More Posts by Minh Nguyen
Old Mar 25, 2006, 07:05 PM
simi valley, ca
Joined Jan 2004
31 Posts
Ordered my book on March 8, arrived March 23rd, and I live in Los Angeles, so that doesn't seem that bad from England