HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2006, 03:04 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jan 2006
270 Posts
Discussion
NEW PIKE "PERFECT"

Skip Miller and SKIPMILLERMODELS.com is pleased to announce a new sailplane model developed by Philip Kolb of Germany and SAMBA(the manufacturer of the very successful Pike Superior). The PERFECT, designed for world level F3J and thermal duration tasks, can be seen on my web site home page www.skipmillermodels.com and click on "PERFECT".

This model, a year in development, is classic fully molded CNC SAMBA quality, and requires only simple installation of radio gear to go soaring......and winning! It is 3.55 meters in span. Enjoy...Skip Miller....
THE LARGEST SAMBA dealer IN THE USA.
maxer is offline Find More Posts by maxer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2006, 03:51 PM
Stamford, CT
Joined Feb 2002
476 Posts
Glad I didn't buy a "Superior" six month ago!
SaltyOne is online now Find More Posts by SaltyOne
Old Feb 28, 2006, 04:26 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,589 Posts
I do not know why you would have felt bad about a Superior, it is a great ship. Perfect looks nice, but is a complete unknown. Airfoils that I do not believe are on any ship on the market, so do not count it a done deal yet, remember the Nyx? I know it is a well made product, Skip and Samba do not mess with anything else. I just got a Giant from Jo Jo and it is beautiful, but I wanted a go fast and turn ship in this case.

Marc
R.M. Gellart is online now Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart
Old Feb 28, 2006, 05:19 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2003
1,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxer
Skip Miller and SKIPMILLERMODELS.com is pleased to announce a new sailplane model developed by Philip Kolb of Germany and SAMBA(the manufacturer of the very successful Pike Superior). The PERFECT, designed for world level F3J and thermal duration tasks, can be seen on my web site home page www.skipmillermodels.com and click on "PERFECT".

This model, a year in development, is classic fully molded CNC SAMBA quality, and requires only simple installation of radio gear to go soaring......and winning! It is 3.55 meters in span. Enjoy...Skip Miller....
THE LARGEST SAMBA dealer IN THE USA.
Many beauties, no price??
David
C-MIC is offline Find More Posts by C-MIC
Old Mar 01, 2006, 02:21 AM
Tragic case
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
5,875 Posts
Its interesting to note that higher wingspans and higher aspect ratios are today's trend. I suspect it reflects improvement in construction techniques.
davidleitch is offline Find More Posts by davidleitch
Old Mar 01, 2006, 02:34 AM
Europe - Belgium
Joined Mar 2005
1,521 Posts
It's a (progressing) fashion show keeping our dreams full and pockets empty
Jurgen.
Jurgen is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen
Old Mar 01, 2006, 02:57 AM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidleitch
Its interesting to note that higher wingspans and higher aspect ratios are today's trend. I suspect it reflects improvement in construction techniques.
Yes, but with improved construction you can also have a very light and fast launching conventional size (3.3m) plane. It will be interesting to see which direction the progress will take. For early morning / late evening flights one can allways fly the mighty Sharon Pro 3.7.

I really like the looks of Pike Perfect, but this new plane comes out little late for us who do not have direct connection to Samba pipeline. Realistically speaking it will be in very limited use this season. At least I am one of those who want rather a properly trimmed old plane than an untrimmed newes new. Perhaps for season 2007... ...But lets see first what the F3J scene looks like after this years WC
Tuomo is offline Find More Posts by Tuomo
Old Mar 01, 2006, 03:04 AM
Team WC2013 F3K
Sweden
Joined Dec 2004
1,008 Posts
What a beaty!
The blue one is clearly a RE version

Anyone has any info about Philips own airfoil?

Cheers Jonas Ekman
oakman7004 is online now Find More Posts by oakman7004
Old Mar 01, 2006, 08:01 AM
.Denver, Co.
Joined Feb 2003
1,415 Posts
Whelp..There ya go Cody303..another choice in the mix. Just heard of your unfortunate mishap at the SWC. Guess you'll have to toss the coin
flyingdogtwo is offline Find More Posts by flyingdogtwo
Last edited by flyingdogtwo; Mar 01, 2006 at 09:59 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2006, 10:25 AM
Stamford, CT
Joined Feb 2002
476 Posts
Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVSS Boss
I do not know why you would have felt bad about a Superior, it is a great ship.
Marc
I'm sure the Superior is a great ship. It's like everything else in the world, however, that is a product of evolving technology. Ships will come along that are improvements. In a couple of years the Perfect will probably be yesterdays news and some other ship will be the hot item. You just need to make up your mind to jump in at some point in time and purchase a plane and have fun with the knowledge that in a couple of years you may wish you had a different ship. I sometimes wonder what the high-water mark will be for sailplane development so there would be no possibility for future improvements. I suppose the truly "Perfect" theoretical sailplane would have a zero drag coefficient, an infinite lift coefficient, no mass, and still move around the sky. That way you could stay up forever in any kind of air, except sink of course. With no mass, though, it would be kinda hard to see, but dorks would be no problem.

George
SaltyOne is online now Find More Posts by SaltyOne
Last edited by SaltyOne; Mar 02, 2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old Mar 03, 2006, 04:08 AM
Master of the Skies
Seattle
Joined May 2005
200 Posts
fix your website....
Eibo Morakinaga is offline Find More Posts by Eibo Morakinaga
Old Mar 03, 2006, 04:28 AM
Norway
Joined Dec 2003
1,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakman7004
What a beaty!
The blue one is clearly a RE version

Anyone has any info about Philips own airfoil?

Cheers Jonas Ekman
Hi guys!
There is more info and pictures on the producers website
http://www.f3j.com/

First flights yesterday! Pictures and words are out

The pictures on Skip's page showing a blue model is a plug. Not a ready model.
jojoen is offline Find More Posts by jojoen
Old Mar 03, 2006, 04:32 AM
Norway
Joined Dec 2003
1,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-MIC
Many beauties, no price??
David
Price will be slightly higher than the Superior.
A little more material and a new model.
I am guessing it will be cheaper than many competitors. But it deppends on the dealers also.
jojoen is offline Find More Posts by jojoen
Old Mar 03, 2006, 06:57 AM
Europe - Belgium
Joined Mar 2005
1,521 Posts
That is a very nice looking model on the picture, and i like the plane also !
Jurgen is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen
Old Mar 03, 2006, 10:11 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jan 2006
270 Posts
Jane is not a model

Jane is actually the sister of Jaroslav Vostrel,and an integral part of the Samba team.(family) You see , she speaks English, and as a typical American I only speak English... therefore she is the contact which I have for making sure my Samba orders are right for www.skipmillermodels.com

When I have meetings with Samba, she is the person who makes sure we all understand each other, and has been SUPERIOR and PERFECT in helping our communication. By the way, the flight testing of the Perfect is going PERFECT!( spoke to Philip this A.M)

skip
maxer is offline Find More Posts by maxer