SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2006, 03:31 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7 Posts
Question
Atalntic harbor tug propellor

I am a new memeber to the group and waiting for ups to deliver my new atlantic tug! I have been reading about the atlantics small prop and its issues. My question is , what is the largest diameter prop one can use without mods, its performance with exisiting factory setup(esc,motor)?
Also i have a brand new two stick futaba not being used, should i go ahead and use this radio for the reverse issues and can one just change out the crystal in the reciever, instead of installing the new radios reciever and servos.I know the aquacraft is a futaba,are they compatiable?
PS. Im a former harbor tug and deepsea tug crewman hoping to enjoy (going back to sea) without leaving home!!!!, i'll see if the little atlantic allows me to doi this!! Thank you for allowing me to join the group, im sure i have many more questions! cpd32
cpd32 is offline Find More Posts by cpd32
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:32 PM
Irregular... need..fiber!
a snazzy little suburb of L.A. called Encino
Joined Jul 2005
403 Posts
From what I have seen, 35mm will JUST BARELY fit. If you relieve the skeg with a dremel tool using a sanding drum you can fit 40-45mm, or just remove it completely as the rudder can hang by itself just fine.
With the stock radio, the bigger prop will show only a minimal improvement.
Cap'n Harry
HorribleHarry is offline Find More Posts by HorribleHarry
Last edited by HorribleHarry; Mar 04, 2006 at 04:34 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:54 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1 Posts
With my atlantic tug i put in a proboat ESC now reverse is great. but now its time for a better stuffing tub and drive bearings.
ventbell 5110 is offline Find More Posts by ventbell 5110