HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Lance Nordby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 05:07 PM
I want to fly everything!
Hillsboro, OR, USA
Joined Mar 2004
966 Posts
Discussion
Lance's fleet

I went to finally add some content to my gallery but found I can't.

I'll admit that my initial response to this blog thing was hey, why'd they drop the gallery? But, I don't want to be one of those people who are irrationally resistant to changes, so I'll give it a try.

I'll start with my latest project:

FW-190

House of Balsa kit (vastly modified) finished 2006

Wingspan 36”
Length 28.5”
Weight (flying) 24 oz. (approx.)
Motor Multiplex BL-480/8D brushless direct drive (to be replaced)
Prop APC 8x4E (at the moment)
ESC Castle Creations Phoenix-25
Battery Maxamps 3S2P 1500mah
Rx Hitec 555
Servos 4 Hitec HS-55’s (2 for ailerons), 1 HS-81MG for landing gear/flaps
Landing gear Robart #123’s (man these things are finicky)
Duration Should be over 10 minutes easy.

This one took a looong time. The landing gear installation took as long as the rest of the plane. By the time I finished it I wished I had built a bigger plane. Had to finish it or suffer recriminations from the wife for not completing another project.

The “Snowbird” flies sweet. The landing gear coupled to the flaps works great. There is virtually no elevator trim changes needed when raising/lowering. I have yet to wring it out because of retract issues.

The “dirty snow” camo has yet to be applied and the pilot needs to be painted. I guess this project is not really done. It has had two flights though.

The motor will be swapped for something less powerful and draws less amps.

Anybody know where I can get a 1-1/2” three blade spinner?
Lance Nordby is online now Find More Posts by Lance Nordby
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2011, 02:35 PM
Joined May 2011
2 Posts
Modelers. Help me. I want to also be modelers, but not enough money for it. Maybe there is anyone that any of the components, the receiver or transmitter with an old motor. I'll be everything and everybody happy who come forward to my request! I beg you! Drop me an e-mail : zerro_00@mail.ru! I apologize for my English. I use online translator.
Forgive me for uncloak
kanto48rus is offline Find More Posts by kanto48rus