HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:03 PM
wbs
UAE Dubai
Joined Aug 2004
80 Posts
Discussion
Aeronaut Panther F-9F slightly shipping damage

Yesterday I received my Panther damaged from shipping all the way to me, I have spoken to the shipping company and was told that they have a policy to refund only up to US 100/- do you believe that Öoh I hate dents plane specially when they supposed to be new.
wbs is offline Find More Posts by wbs
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:13 PM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,491 Posts
Wbs, sorry to see that! The pictures of the intake ducts show gaps which is the way they come, these have to be glued by the builder - other than that, it looks like someone sat on that box, what a shame!! Did the box show signs of mistreatment?
Chris
Downwind3Zero is offline Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:19 PM
Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!
Arvada, CO
Joined Jan 2004
334 Posts
I'd say send it back to the original store you purchased it from - it is their responsibility to get you a product that is undamaged - period. You didn't pay for something with damage or they should give you $100 off....
RMEFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RMEFlyer
Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:09 AM
wbs
UAE Dubai
Joined Aug 2004
80 Posts
Will the intake if it comes like this its fine and the former I can manage to fix, itís the wing that Iím sad about it does not show clear in the photo but theirs a tear in one of the dent. And Rmeflyer the problem with sending it back that I leave so far it would be not feasible to do. Well Iím still waiting for an answer from the shipping agent cause I asked to talk to a manager and well see what their going to do.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:16 AM
wbs
UAE Dubai
Joined Aug 2004
80 Posts
oh yes the box did show signs of mistreatment it was a little dent from the middle but when I opened it I did not see any damage over all tel I got home and inspect it thoroughly
Old Feb 22, 2006, 01:05 AM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMEFlyer
I'd say send it back to the original store you purchased it from - it is their responsibility to get you a product that is undamaged - period. You didn't pay for something with damage or they should give you $100 off....
I agree! Although I'd ask for a new one; you ordered a new kit - you should receive a new kit!!
Chris
Downwind3Zero is offline Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
Old Feb 22, 2006, 03:32 AM
Belgium-Europe
Joined Dec 2005
35 Posts
a small blow of Paint Shop Pro and it is more visible
lowpassjet is offline Find More Posts by lowpassjet
Old Feb 22, 2006, 07:14 AM
EDF Head
Stavanger, Norway
Joined Feb 2000
7,999 Posts
Why dont you send the wing only for a replacement? Easier and cheaper to send back compared to the full kit - provided the rest of the contents are in good shape.

The fuselage former is easy enough to fix as you said and the inside of the intake liners are like that so no worries there. Good luck
Haldor is offline Find More Posts by Haldor
Old Feb 22, 2006, 07:39 AM
Swarthmore, PA 19081
Joined Dec 2004
2,838 Posts
Haldor is correct, have your wings replaced. My fusalage was the same but the wings were in perfect shape so I kept the model. Send pictures to your supplier and demand wing replacements. If you don't get a response that you like let us know and the word will get around quickly. Doug
Doug Bateman is offline Find More Posts by Doug Bateman
Old Feb 22, 2006, 07:49 AM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,191 Posts
Sorry to get in the way of the band wagon here BUT .

Purchases are just about always "FOB Shipper" meaning when it leaves his door you own it. Insurance is offered to cover damages in shipment, did you purchase insurance? Particularly in international shipping that is a good idea, it tends to be expensive and I often don't purchase the insurance knowing that I am taking a risk. By all means call the supplier and ask, some will make you whole but a lot won't. It's more than a bit unfair to expect the supplier to eat a $500 kit on which he normally only clears a small profit, and which sells in microscopic volumes. If you go to a retail shop and pick up a kit you can certainly expect it to be undamaged, you'll probably pay more. Going mail order to get the best price is great but then shipping enters the picture...
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:57 AM
Brookville, Ohio
Joined May 2000
317 Posts
Wbs,
I had the same thing (the dimples in the wing look exactly the same and I thought they were problems with the glass lay up since the paint on mine was not cracked) happen to a Panther I ordered from Warbirds-RC.com. I informed Markos and sent him a digital picture and he paid for the panther to be sent back and sent along a new panther to replace the damaged one. His desire to have a happy customer is the reason I keep ordering from him. I have 8 planes by AeroNaut and while their quality is top notch, their packaging leaves alot to be desired.
Paul
marshall is offline Find More Posts by marshall
Old Feb 22, 2006, 01:50 PM
EDF Head
Stavanger, Norway
Joined Feb 2000
7,999 Posts
The seller is obligated to have the item delivered when ordered with shipping. The shipper is responsible for the transfer. Up to the item recieving the door of the buyer the buyer have no obligations.

If the item is destroyed/damaged the buyer have still paid for a undamaged item and need to have this replaced or money refunded. Its then the responsebility of the seller to pursue the shipper for covering the damage - if its the shipper's fault the damage occured.

The buyer is outside of this, he paid for a good product which he doesnt got.

If the seller ship without insurance thats a risk which is on him, not the buyer - unless this situation is cleared by the buyer, before shipment is made.
Haldor is offline Find More Posts by Haldor
Old Feb 22, 2006, 02:12 PM
Dublin, Ireland
Joined Mar 2002
452 Posts
The shipping company pays....a claim should be made on them (for the 100$)
The seller can always get you a new wing, and will usually not want to make a profit on the replacment wing. They want a happy customer. So the new wing will be at cost, and the $100 should be enough.
Talk to the seller and decide who should claim on the shipping company, if it is the seller, then the wing may have to be sent back first. And get the new wing ordered, or on it's way as soon as is agreeable to all parties.
Norman Greene is offline Find More Posts by Norman Greene
Old Feb 22, 2006, 03:19 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,191 Posts
That is not the case in the US Haldor, Europe may (probably is in some parts) different.
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Feb 23, 2006, 01:55 AM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,127 Posts
... Well I would not call that "slight shipping damage" - the damage is quite substantial

I was looking at the pictures of my Panther out of the box, and it seems - like yours - that there was no bubble wrap. That's really bad on a model of this kind. Also I would hope the seller double-boxed the kit before shipment, mine when they come from Germany - were ALWAYS double-boxed.

Perhaps the Panther box had been opened before? In any case Aeronaut needs to package their stuff a lot better (with lots bubble wrap and perhaps even cardboard partitions), and the retailer should always double box when it goes out on a long international trip ...
Herb is offline Find More Posts by Herb