HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2006, 09:54 PM
SGT. Sant TNARNG
n-e tennessee
Joined Jan 2006
42 Posts
Question
+build log/piccolo/huey

i have a fp piccolo with the ikarus uh-1d foam fuselage, 310 motor , propiccoboard and 3-cell 1300mAh li-po batteries. it flies good but not as long as i'd like . kinda heavy. i bought a 1/24th revell model just for the decals. found out revell sells lost or missing parts. are there any brushless motors that will work with my pro board and 3-cell li-po's ? could anyone recommend a brushless motor that would work with my 3-cell li-po's ? astro 10 or hacker b20 ? i know the cdrom motors are cheaper , i have two, one out of a 52x and 40x cdrom. thought i'd use one in my next heli. i didn't build my huey like the instructions said. wanted doors open. i also have a hughes 300 body that i switch into. couldn't do that if i had cut the skids and tail boom off. and i thought i'd crush the foam body with a few hard landings. anyway i'd really be thankful for any help. thanks, Sgt. Sant p.s. the pilot in command sits in the right seat?? in a heli? i think ??
paul sant is offline Find More Posts by paul sant
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2006, 02:32 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
The Netherlands, GE, Nijmegen
Joined Feb 2001
10,574 Posts
CD-rom motor homepages, manuals/tutorials, checks and tests in the first message of this motor builders tips and tricks thread. The checks and tests may save you from frying your controller or motor. Thread is active, bookmark it for future refence and subscribe to it:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240993

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
diy outrunner discussion group
int. E fly-in & diy outrunner meet, June 25 2006, Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren