Old Feb 27, 2006, 09:08 AM
Aaaala Baaama
Joined Sep 2004
734 Posts
Too Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymasteres
Dude, your prop is on backwards.
Man.... You posted that while I was editing my own post.... immediately after posting it

Chuck (in Aaaala Baaama)
chuckand is offline Find More Posts by chuckand
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:43 PM
Morristown, NJ
Joined Mar 2004
71 Posts
Wow, and I just happened to be there and see it.
That's the type of timing that never happens on purpose.
skymasteres is offline Find More Posts by skymasteres
Old Feb 28, 2006, 06:46 PM
More props are better than One
United States, AL
Joined Nov 2004
2,167 Posts
Looking good Chuckand, Did you find 2mm coro in your area I can seem to find it around Bham. I can order it thought. JUst wondered if you ordered yours of got it local.

Later Tas...
TaSaJaRa is offline Find More Posts by TaSaJaRa
Old Mar 01, 2006, 12:42 PM
Aaaala Baaama
Joined Sep 2004
734 Posts
2mm coroplast... and MORE PROGRESS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaSaJaRa
Looking good Chuckand, Did you find 2mm coro in your area I can seem to find it around Bham. I can order it thought. JUst wondered if you ordered yours of got it local.

Later Tas...

Tas,

It came with my kit. Kit's pretty complete; cores, elevon stock, motor mount, clam-shell/screws, spars. Plenty 2mm coro for bay covers, etc. Oh, and the DVD :-).

I covered it in Monokote last night. Still got some trim work to do... so I will hold off pics until it's ready for prime-time.

I tell ya... I thought it was rigid with mesh tape/90. With Monokote, it's like a board.... and flat as one too.

More pics REAL SOON (and a flight report soon to follow!)

Chuck (in Aaaala Baaama)
Old Mar 01, 2006, 03:35 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
How did you like the DVD was teh quality up to snuff..

Hey Tas.. Do you need some 2mm coro.. I may be able to help you out with some.. Ran into a great deal on ebay awhile back.. PM me maybe we can work out something...
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Mar 02, 2006, 10:26 AM
Aaaala Baaama
Joined Sep 2004
734 Posts
DVD - I enjoyed it (and continue to!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVi
How did you like the DVD was teh quality up to snuff..
Hey Paul (you know.... like they say in Mayberry... "Hep Ope. Hey Barn"),

I think the DVD is a great confidence builder. Seeing the process in action... Seeing Chris work the materials... Great stuff. After watching, I had no problem going and doing. I can't wait to show off my first build.... Pics of the finished product VERY soon!

I am sure you are more concerned with the editing... Chris doesn't leave you much to work with (just kiddin', Bro!), however you did a good job sticking to the pertinants. My first instinct was to comment about the amount of time spent with the fiberglass job, etc, but you know what? Seeing it done start to finish is a great thing. Leaves no mystery... If you wanna fast FWD, so be it, but I think the amount of content is great! Seeing that is's not "Rocket Science" is key to confidence to get rolling...

My other comment... more importantly... has to do with the "rating" level. I commend you (for your creative editing) and/or Chris (for his restraint) in making this something I don't have to wait until the kiddies go to bed to watch. I have no problem sitting with my family (well, my wife won't sit and watch... but that is nothing personal...) watching the flight vids, build, etc. This is important to a lot of people; most moreso than I.

Job well done!

Chuck (in Aaaala Baaama)
Old Mar 02, 2006, 10:36 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Ya i kinda felt like i was sitting CK garage with himn while he worked out out.. Very down to earth.

Thank you for you comments That is what I was looking for.. a G rateing is important But i think CK is just that way any who...

I have some more video an Adendum to the build (Light Build and Battery info) that will be merged this weekend.. I belive I have a few flight vid's that will knock your socks off.. From the AZ show..

Again thank you for you critique that was what i needed to hear..

Also I have to finnish the title page.. I never intended this one to get out so the title page was really just a place holder Grin...
Old Mar 02, 2006, 11:53 PM
Fort Collins, CO
Joined Jun 2005
62 Posts
Just wanted to chime in on the vid - good stuff! I loved the beer shots =)

Only thing I could really have used was 1) Chapter Titles - the first couple had 'em, needed them later! and 2) ACTION SHOTS! gotta get pumped up to tackle the build
up2l8 is offline Find More Posts by up2l8
Old Mar 03, 2006, 02:06 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Ya i have to get down and dirty with the next rev. it takes a bit of time to milk it just the right way.. I spend as much time on video editing as the plane building.

So i was thinking if we were to lapse the glasing out say speed it up to cut down the time woud it be better.. or is it best to give a fell for how long things should take,.
Old Mar 03, 2006, 09:11 AM
Aaaala Baaama
Joined Sep 2004
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVi
Ya i have to get down and dirty with the next rev. it takes a bit of time to milk it just the right way.. I spend as much time on video editing as the plane building.

So i was thinking if we were to lapse the glasing out say speed it up to cut down the time woud it be better.. or is it best to give a fell for how long things should take,.

Paul,

I think the top side of the wing (more complex in my book) should remain as is. The bottom maybe could be lapsed a bit, but I think seeing the top from start to finish will de-mystify the whole shootin' match. Seeing it in, more or less, real time is a great thing. As I mentioned yesterday... you can always FF if ya get bored with Ck's rambling. It's a "rhythm" though... and seeing the steady pace on the big screen is a real plus... Got me in the groove to "not sweat all the nit-picky details" as I usually do. Keep moving and it's done before you know it...

It's not a chore... I imagine this a kin' to shaping a surf-board... Hands on, ya know. You gotta touch every curve.

OK... so you know how I feel about the subject... but whadda I know...

Chuck (in Aaaala Baaama)
Old Mar 06, 2006, 09:28 AM
Aaaala Baaama
Joined Sep 2004
734 Posts
All dressed up and no place to go (YET!)

OK, so here it is.... All ready to roll. I'd have been up for a "maiden flight" over the weekend, but I'm still waiting on the batts. 2x 20C 2S 3700's (= 4S 3700).

I'm not sure exactly how much there is to fill in since my last real installment. I guess it's obvious I covered it (silver) and hilighted with Red Vinyl (I spent waaaay more time on the trim work on this one than the entire rest of the build put together.... no kidding). Covered and attached elevons, installed horns, trimmed control rods/installed bends, etc. Very quick build. Very straight, very rigid. The build process was a walk in the park and and has yielded the most impressive airframe I have built to date!

If there are point of interest anyone would like closeups of, I hope you'll speak up. Otherwise, I'll get a few more stills before the maiden... and hopefully some maiden flight video as well.

I'm dying to get her in the air!

Chuck (in Aaaala Baaama)
Old Mar 06, 2006, 07:33 PM
Back behind The Controls
Toney, AL
Joined Dec 2005
1,016 Posts
"Look atcha now...all back of the bus and stuff..."

So invite me over all ready...

Johnnie (from the other side of Aaaala Baaama )

Awesome build dude
Johnnie Paul is offline Find More Posts by Johnnie Paul
Old Mar 06, 2006, 08:49 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,791 Posts
Yo chuck that 50's is sweet.
I am an old fan of the checkerboards so you got's my vote itsa 10'.
ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Mar 06, 2006, 09:40 PM
Suspended Account
Utica Il.
Joined Dec 2002
4,222 Posts
I LOVE that wing sticker

Thanks a bunch
Randy
termite is offline Find More Posts by termite
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 07, 2006, 02:35 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Wing's looking good.. Bet she will be sweat as pie to fly...

I gota get me some vedor stickers use to put them all over the rear quarter of the race car's you support who you buy..

Hint Hint Randy..