Old Feb 20, 2006, 10:56 PM
USA, IL, DeKalb
Joined Dec 2003
602 Posts
Fly-In
5/21/2006-Dekalb-IL-USA Third Annual Kishwaukee R/C Flyers E-vent

Hello once again Midwest e-flyers!

The flying season is nearly upon us!

Mark your calenders for this years Kishwaukee R/C Flyers Electric Fly-In. Scheduled date is May 21, 2006. Flying site located near Dekalb IL.

See attached poster and maps for further information.

ATTENDING VENDORS
(to be added as details become available)
chimchim is offline Find More Posts by chimchim
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2006, 08:06 AM
USA, IL, DeKalb
Joined Dec 2003
602 Posts
Hi guys,

A little over two weeks to go!
The recent rains have really perked up the grass and things are looking great for this years E-vent. Let's all think happy thoughts for good weather this year.

Steve
Old May 14, 2006, 08:20 AM
R/C Addict for Life!!
Sterling/Rock Falls, Illinois, United States
Joined Oct 2001
558 Posts
Ill bump this up........

Plus add, to it.......great group of guys! And a first class flying field!
Hope Mother Nature cooperates! Come join the fun!

Darryl
Darryl Miller is offline Find More Posts by Darryl Miller
Old May 14, 2006, 09:06 AM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
AMA required? Too bad you are excluding a lot of park flyers who might want to come. Good luck with your event.
Phoenex is offline Find More Posts by Phoenex
Old May 14, 2006, 11:52 AM
Naperville, IL USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,886 Posts
I hope to make it - weather and schedule willing.

BTW: Can you provide some details on how to get to the field? Am I correct in assuming that you enter the field from Schaefer?

Mitch
Mitch G is offline Find More Posts by Mitch G
Last edited by Mitch G; May 14, 2006 at 11:58 AM.
Old May 14, 2006, 09:33 PM
R/C Addict for Life!!
Joined Oct 2001
558 Posts
ChimChim will probably chime in here, but yes......enter from Schaefer.

As far as the AMA thing??? Please, dont start that here. Do you make that post in all the other event postings?

Darryl
Old May 15, 2006, 09:00 AM
USA, IL, DeKalb
Joined Dec 2003
602 Posts
Morning guys!

Sorry I didn't see this yesterday, 24 hour support weekend and the last thing I wanted to see was another computer.

Anyway, Thanks for the kind words and support Darryl. Access to the field is from Schaefer road as Darryl stated above. Mitch, if you are going to head to Dekalb via I88, then take the second exit (Anne Glidden). Once on Anne Glidden proceed to rt38-Lincoln Hwy, just past the railroad underpass, then turn left (west). Follow rt38 to Schaefer road, we will have some small signs posted at the intersection, but if you get to the Malta gas station you've gone too far. Turn right(north) onto Schaefer.

Phoenex, yes AMA membership is required and your membership card will be used in the transmitter impound process. We, the Kishwaukee R/C Flyers, have an obligation to our landowner, the local community, and fellow club members to insure against financial liabilities. Our flying field supports all types of models, electric, glow, and gas in both fixed wing and rotary. With this diversity comes responsibility for protection against the accidents we all know will happen . I'm sorry that this restriction will prevent the park flyer group from flying, but I suggest that you come on out and see what we have going. We have a great group of guys that are always willing to help each other out so that all can enjoy this most wonderful hobby. I realize that AMA membership is a substantial investment if you are only flying a parkflyer, 25-100% in some cases and that is quite a deterent. Come on out and see if maybe what we have to offer is something you would like to be a part of.

As always, all are invited to spectate and bench pilot

See you there!

Steve
Old May 15, 2006, 07:45 PM
R/C Addict for Life!!
Joined Oct 2001
558 Posts
Well Said!

Darryl
Old May 15, 2006, 10:22 PM
Suspended Account
Utica Il.
Joined Dec 2002
4,222 Posts
I'm comming up to have some fun and to bring a donation for the pilots raffel.

Lookin' forward to seeing all you guys again!!!!
Randy
termite is offline Find More Posts by termite
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 16, 2006, 12:20 AM
USA, IL, DeKalb
Joined Dec 2003
602 Posts
Thanks Randy!!!

Can't wait to see you twiddle the sticks.

Final club meeting prior to the E-vent tomorrow night, should have all the details set. Weather is......shhhhh don't say anything maybe we can sneek this one past ole' mother nature!

Steve
Old May 17, 2006, 08:58 PM
Suspended Account
Utica Il.
Joined Dec 2002
4,222 Posts
"TWIDDLE"

That pretty much describes my flying

Randy
Old May 18, 2006, 10:36 AM
Don't watch this...
Northern IL
Joined Oct 2003
5,583 Posts
A couple years ago, this E R/C fly-in was the first time I flew infront of somebody.

Only went to watch, but of coarse brought a couple planes with. Once I saw everybody else was similiar capabilities and planes as I had...I gave my ten bucks and signed up.

It was a real experience. I flew the heck outta my kit built DandySportGT. When I finally landed, there was a spattering of applause?! Awe man, that made me feel good.

Then I flew my kit built pattern plane. Was doing great until I mid aired a Sig LilRascal!
We both fluttered down with some damage. Got a couple pats on the back that I got it down with out making it worse. Was again encouraged by my flying that I did indeed get it down with so much damage to the tail feathers. Some acknowledged that the plane flew great (before the mid air ) and thought it was a great build and good to see that in a sea of ARFs.

That was when I was still EPS canned motors. Early on in the hobby. Maybe two years ago.

BTW...I did win a BL JETI motor..big old fasion one I latter sold, but won a raffle prize anyhow.

So, it was a great time and a great bunch of guys down there. I'll always remember that day in May a couple years ago. Was the first sun burn of the year.

I can't go this year as I am no longer AMA...let it lapse as not really applicable to me. Now I see whay I might want to keep up with it so I could go to these type events and show you all how far I've progressed.

Besides, the local golf coarse is having a big deal BBQ-bonfire party on Saturday and asked me and some of my flying buddies to put on an air show and candy drop. The party is from 4:00-8:00. We will get there about 2:00.

Water's Edge Golf Coarse on RT#23 in Marengo. Just north (a mile) of RT#20. Anybody else is welcome to join us. So far we have 6-8 guys coming. AMA not needed. No, there will be no golfers golfing under us whilst we are flying

I can't see my Laurie letting me fly Sat and Sunday...but maybe...

Hope you guys have a great turn out and good fortunes and no Sig Lil Rascal mid-airs.

CooHead
CooHead is offline Find More Posts by CooHead
Old May 18, 2006, 11:41 PM
USA, IL, DeKalb
Joined Dec 2003
602 Posts
Good to hear from you Coohead. I remember that stunning little blue and silver mini-flash. She flew like the wind Sorry to hear that you won't be attending, maybe next year.

Steve
Old May 21, 2006, 10:52 PM
USA, IL, DeKalb
Joined Dec 2003
602 Posts
Well guys, that's another one in the books!

This year we were blessed with sunshine, we won't mention the other curve balls ole' mother nature threw at us
Oh well, I think a good time was had by all who attended. I would like to thank all those that took time out of their busy schedules to come have some fun with us. We really appreciate the support and comraderie and look forward to seeing you all again soon. I'm sure we will be soon start to plan the 4th annual E-vent, probably for the Sunday after mother's day 2007.

Again, thank you all for coming and have a great flying season!

Steve
Old May 21, 2006, 11:20 PM
Suspended Account
Utica Il.
Joined Dec 2002
4,222 Posts
Well done guys!!!!

I had a great time and as always it's great to hook up with old friends for a day of flyin' and some good old fasion BS.

Randy