anyothers? 13 38.24%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 20, 2006, 04:36 PM
south carolina
Joined Feb 2002
99 Posts
Poll
the next best thing?

Sorry about the tinker toy thread just a little frustrated.What micro would you guys consider after the bcx?One that would take me a long way and has unlimited possabilities.Also can handle light winds a guy at the local hobby store told me the blade cp. Anymore suggestions? Also if others please list
wilton0 is offline Find More Posts by wilton0
Last edited by wilton0; Feb 20, 2006 at 07:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2006, 05:13 PM
HeliTown
The Bay Area, California
Joined Aug 2005
1,047 Posts
I would say Esky Honeybee CP but it is not on your list. If not, I vote for Blade CP.
Eddiemoth is offline Find More Posts by Eddiemoth
Old Feb 20, 2006, 05:27 PM
California
Joined Nov 2005
236 Posts
Honeybee CP2 definitely. cheaper than a blade at less cost.
Final answer might depend on where you get spare parts. Online is great but some prefer local hobby stores. You may want to visit the local shops and see what they support if you dont want to order online.

Century hummingbird V3 is also a very nice heli to learn on from what i've heard. It can take more abuse than the blade/CP2 so may be cheaper to learn on but eventually you will move on to blade/CP2. I went right to the CP2 and love it but I also put lots of time on my simulator first.
neilswolf is offline Find More Posts by neilswolf
Old Feb 20, 2006, 07:13 PM
south carolina
Joined Feb 2002
99 Posts
Where can I get this honeybee cp2? Is the huneybee able to with stand light winds? Is it better than the bladecp?Is the complete package my best bet ? I need all the info I can get Thanks again
wilton0 is offline Find More Posts by wilton0
Last edited by wilton0; Feb 20, 2006 at 07:33 PM. Reason: questions
Old Feb 20, 2006, 07:59 PM
HeliTown
The Bay Area, California
Joined Aug 2005
1,047 Posts
HB Cp2 and Blade CP are same line of heli and they can handle light wind. some parts are interchangable. There are a lot of places selling HB Cp2 - the cheapest place is RCexpert they ship it from HK. I would recommend balsapr.
Eddiemoth is offline Find More Posts by Eddiemoth
Old Feb 21, 2006, 07:20 AM
above us only sky
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2006
803 Posts
Regarding Blade vs. Honeybee, which does your LHS support? Mine has a good selection for the Blade, but zip for the honeybee. Made for a simple choice.

As a heli noobie, I'm really enjoying the blade.

Cheers,
George
Renfield is offline Find More Posts by Renfield
Old Feb 21, 2006, 07:27 AM
Southeast PA
Joined Oct 2005
2,805 Posts
Got my Honey Bee CP2 for $155 total, on e-bay. Got the newest version. It has a 3cell lipo and symetrical blades and bell hiller. Upgrades for the Blade CP. Most parts are interchangeable so I get some parts at the LHS. I think mine is model 5005. Good to do your homework. (Oh, came with free training gear too).
Vario3 is offline Find More Posts by Vario3
Old Feb 21, 2006, 09:16 AM
Joined Feb 2006
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renfield
Regarding Blade vs. Honeybee, which does your LHS support? Mine has a good selection for the Blade, but zip for the honeybee. Made for a simple choice.

As a heli noobie, I'm really enjoying the blade.

Cheers,
George
George is right, if you LHS doesnt have parts for the CP2, you'll be hating life when you need parts. And like any new heli pilot, you WILL need parts sooner than later. Just something else to concider.
Stealthpilot is offline Find More Posts by Stealthpilot
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:56 PM
Joined Nov 2005
830 Posts
My LHS, a Hobby Town USA carries Blade CP parts...in theory, in practice, their actual inventory is pretty pathetic with stuff mostly out of stock. As Vario3 said, most parts are interchangeable between the CP and CP2 in any case.

If you can find a deal on the CP2 like the $155 delivered we got off of eBay, you could purchase a barebones CP2 for spares also and still pay appreciably less than a Blade CP with the upgrades needed to match the CP2 stock configuration. Spares are a also a lot cheaper for the CP2 also and there are US sources like Helidirect.com and balsapr.com.

Mike
Mike abcd is offline Find More Posts by Mike abcd
Old Feb 21, 2006, 01:20 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
9,410 Posts
Get a HB CP2... I went with a venom NR3D(walkera 22E) I was VERY sorry I did.. A few weeks later I got a cp2 after flying my friends Blade CP and WOW very happy and there is no comperson with the NR3D... Some people call the NR3D fast but I think fast = squrly One other thing CP2 is pretty tough, I have hit thing that would have destroyed the venoms head and the CP2 has taken every blow like a champ!
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 21, 2006, 01:30 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
9,410 Posts
1 more thing, helidirect is $188 shipped for the CP2! But I got mine off of ebay for $160 shipped JUST AN FYI!
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 21, 2006, 01:45 PM
Joined Nov 2005
830 Posts
As of right now, there's one CP2 available on eBay at $163 shipped.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ESky-Honey-Bee-H...QQcmdZViewItem

The seller Modelocity seems to offer them on a regular basis and has been selling them for $160 shipped in the recent past. Not as good as the $155 shipped with training gear I got but still a lot cheaper than a BCP even before the AEK and B/H upgrades.

Mike
Mike abcd is offline Find More Posts by Mike abcd
Old Feb 21, 2006, 03:00 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
9,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike abcd
As of right now, there's one CP2 available on eBay at $163 shipped.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ESky-Honey-Bee-H...QQcmdZViewItem

The seller Modelocity seems to offer them on a regular basis and has been selling them for $160 shipped in the recent past. Not as good as the $155 shipped with training gear I got but still a lot cheaper than a BCP even before the AEK and B/H upgrades.

Mike
Thats who I bought mine off of.. I think the sellers name is Janet and she is a real nice lady!
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 21, 2006, 09:57 PM
ElektroRC.com - MSH,LAHeli,YGE
Pewaukee, WI, USA
Joined Mar 2002
4,605 Posts
One name... Maxir...

It will take you from tame hovering to heavy 3d...

Do a little searching on Maxir, you'll find many accounts on it handling wind extremely well and arguably the most capable micro with inexpensive parts prices...

Yes, I am the US distrib... Ask anyone about how I take care of them, everything is shipped priority mail, I ship 6 days a week.

When it comes to helis, you get what you pay for...

-eP -- Logo14 -- Maxirs
www.elektrorc.com
pwkpete is offline Find More Posts by pwkpete
Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:47 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Feb 2006
154 Posts
almost everything you would break on the CP2 is interchangable fromt the Blade CP. I even bought flat bottom blades and pitch controls for my Cp2 at my local hobby store which only supports the Blade CP.

Flat bottom blades definetly made my little Honeybee more stable as I am still a noobie too.
jmdombr is offline Find More Posts by jmdombr