HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2011, 07:10 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,106 Posts
Maybe you guys have hard time to buy GWS C130 in Europe.
There are many dealers in USA still carry them.
whatala is offline Find More Posts by whatala
Last edited by whatala; Mar 06, 2011 at 09:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2011, 08:19 PM
United States, TN, Blountville
Joined Oct 2002
3,545 Posts
I think Caliber Hobbies in California (A GWS distributor) still has them available. Their web site would indicate that they do...
http://www.caliberhobby.com/ct_kits.html

David
RAFster is offline Find More Posts by RAFster
Old Mar 07, 2011, 12:22 AM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
756 Posts
The trouble is that by the time you add shipping to a parcel that size, it doubles the cost. I guess it all depends how much you're willing to pay for the little fellas. Does anyone know if they're available in the new epp foam yet? That would soften the blow a little bit
davylah is online now Find More Posts by davylah
Old Mar 07, 2011, 02:28 AM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
756 Posts
So I checked out the link, and with international shipping, it's about 85, which is a lot more reasonable than I thought it would be! Top link RAFster
Old Mar 07, 2011, 02:58 AM
Crazy, not stupid
Zwolle, The Netherlands
Joined May 2007
951 Posts
Including shipping still $135 or about 100 euro. I'll save this link since it's the cheapest I found until now but it will take some saving to get one. $55 shipping isn't funny and customs will want another $60 when it arrives (since it's imported from the USA)

Makes almost $200 and that's pretty expensive for a $80 kit
Thanks for the link!
sadkingbilly is offline Find More Posts by sadkingbilly
Old Mar 07, 2011, 07:36 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,106 Posts
I am surprised that no dealers in Europe carries GWS planes.
whatala is offline Find More Posts by whatala
Old Mar 07, 2011, 01:33 PM
Crazy, not stupid
Zwolle, The Netherlands
Joined May 2007
951 Posts
Most dealers here only carry the mainstream planes for maximum profit without any troubles. You should see the look on their face when you ask them for a plane not in store (like the FMS mustang, any GWS plane, things like DLG gliders...)

There's a few LHS where I don't go anymore (rather not fly than let them earn a cent of my money) because of this. They simply tell you they won't order such planes because it's too much work. There's also a shop that will feel no shame in selling a starting RC flyer a 60A brushed ESC (which costs 4 times the 20A) to fly an easystar stock. They just lie to people about it being absolutely necessary since other escs will overheat and cause a crash. Good thing I was there at the moment and told him plain and simple what he told wasn't true. I saved that boy nearly $200 by taking him to another shop.

Some shop owners are just bastards.
sadkingbilly is offline Find More Posts by sadkingbilly
Old Mar 07, 2011, 01:49 PM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadkingbilly View Post
Some shop owners are just bastards.

Ahahahahaha
Old Jun 11, 2011, 08:17 PM
Gasbags & Gussets
Riverside, Ca
Joined Feb 2009
1,157 Posts
subscribed

subscribed
jswain is offline Find More Posts by jswain
Old Jun 12, 2011, 08:17 AM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
756 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of the 'Stretch' It's all finished, complete with strobes, beacons landing lights and retractable gear! Just waiting for some good weather and we'll see if it flies!

Old Sep 04, 2011, 11:01 AM
Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
744 Posts
Love it! The J herc has to be the funniest like the odd engine colour and the green bottom! very realistic! the stretch looks good!
I used to be on 24/30 eng about 3years ago
lord chris is offline Find More Posts by lord chris
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:46 PM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord chris View Post
Love it! The J herc has to be the funniest like the odd engine colour and the green bottom! very realistic! the stretch looks good!
I used to be on 24/30 eng about 3years ago
Haha, thanks man. I took the colour scheme directly from some pics of a particular aircraft. Check out the green leading edge panel on the right wing too!
Old Sep 05, 2011, 05:10 PM
Micro Flyer
Joined Jun 2005
744 Posts
Haha nice!
I went to my parents at the weekend and had a nosey in the garage only to find my gws herc!!! damn I made a hash job of building! just hope it flies again!
Got any vids of the J model flying??? and how are your dowety?? style props coming along?
wish I could get back on hercs! stuck in a bay at Marham is really sucking the life out of me!!!
Old Sep 06, 2011, 03:01 AM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord chris View Post
Haha nice!
I went to my parents at the weekend and had a nosey in the garage only to find my gws herc!!! damn I made a hash job of building! just hope it flies again!
Got any vids of the J model flying??? and how are your dowety?? style props coming along?
wish I could get back on hercs! stuck in a bay at Marham is really sucking the life out of me!!!
Sorry mate, the J hasn't flown yet, I've been lazy with it! It's quite a lot overweight, and I'm not sure if the stock power system will be powerfull enough to fly it. I had planned to add weight to the K, little by little and then fly it. Hopefully it will get to the same weight as the J before it stops being able to climb. If it does then I'll know that the J should fly. The Dowty props sadly looked great, but it will never fly with them on. They just produce too much drag from all the blades!!
Why don't you get some pics of yours on here?
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:57 AM
Micro Flyer
Joined Jun 2005
744 Posts
thats a shame about the props. any plans for a updated power system....?
i need to make mine lipo and maybe brushless.... as i dont have any nicads or chargers for nicads...
let me tidy my herc up and il try post some pics!
any chance you can measure the length of the bolt for the top wing??? mines missing!
chris