HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2007, 04:45 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,376 Posts
Ric,

Funny you should bump this thread. I was just going to post today that I found some replacement E-flite 180 motors, and will have this bird back together in time for the Arizona Electric Festival next week. I guess it's approriate seeing as this is where I bought the kit last year.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2007, 05:34 PM
diligentia vis celeritas
Corona, CA
Joined Feb 2006
3,547 Posts
www,

the 130s are still going strong...over 30 flights until one burnt out...once i go through my stockpile of 130s, i'll give the graupner 250s a try...they weigh less than the 130s and should provide added performance and tolerate higher voltages better...
gunracer is offline Find More Posts by gunracer
Old Oct 24, 2008, 07:19 AM
Joined Oct 2008
1 Posts
EC-130H Flyer

I think it is AWESOME you are building this aircraft. I am the EC-130H Program Manager at the Pentagon. Just curious, are you looking to add SPEAR pods to the model as well as the under belly antenna configuration?

If you need new pics of these, please let me know. The pic on your web site is an old Block 20 version of the aircraft.

Also, do you know anyone building static display models of this aircraft?

Thanks,
Fisch
jfisch is offline Find More Posts by jfisch
Old Oct 24, 2008, 09:06 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,376 Posts
Fisch,

I finished the model a couple years ago. I was a German Cryptologic Linguist on a Block 20 aircraft back in 89-91 when Sembach AB was still open, therefore I stuck with the old configuration. It's sitting on the shelf now, but is still flyable if I put a little TLC into it.

Pat
Old Oct 24, 2008, 10:31 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Fisch,

....................... I was a German Cryptologic Linguist .....................
Hell's teeth that sounds pretty damn impressive Pat
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Oct 24, 2008, 01:54 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,376 Posts
Roger,

Fancy way of saying "spy". We eavesdropped on former East German air force comms. Fun stuff actually.

Pat
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:19 AM
Joined Oct 2008
48 Posts
Hey guys, I just posted a question on the Airplanes forum about my C-130 power problem. Can you please take a look at it and maybe give me some advice. Thanks, Bill
FLYBOY1919 is offline Find More Posts by FLYBOY1919
Old Nov 05, 2008, 08:23 AM
Joined Oct 2008
48 Posts
I just maidened my C-130 and it flew great. It is hard to believe those little motors and props work so well. I think I noticed that the C-130 reaches it's top speed at about 1/2 power and anything above this does nothing or actually slows it down. Has anyone else experienced this? Could the props be cavitating at the higher RPM?

Bill
FLYBOY1919 is offline Find More Posts by FLYBOY1919
Old Nov 05, 2008, 02:03 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,376 Posts
Bill,

Congratulations on the successful maiden!

Been such a long time since I last flew mine on the stock motors, I can't remember if 1/2 throttle was full speed. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Amazing what those 4 little motors can do. And you can't beat the sound of all 4 running together!

Pat
Old Nov 08, 2008, 03:33 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Aug 2004
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBOY1919
I just maidened my C-130 and it flew great. It is hard to believe those little motors and props work so well. I think I noticed that the C-130 reaches it's top speed at about 1/2 power and anything above this does nothing or actually slows it down. Has anyone else experienced this? Could the props be cavitating at the higher RPM?

Bill

I think your battery is overloaded. When you overload the battery it cannot give out more power so it turns dying when you pull over 1/2 power and you see power in fact dropping not increasing when you advance throttle over 1/2.

Change to a new more properly rated battery or you will have accident very quickly if the battery completely dies in flight.
shschon is online now Find More Posts by shschon
Old Nov 13, 2008, 05:17 PM
USA, FL, St Petersburg
Joined May 2007
1,502 Posts
We need to bring this thread back to life since i just got a GWS CARGotrans a week or so ago and almost completely built, just really want dual nose wheel gear.
lxelementxl is offline Find More Posts by lxelementxl
Old May 24, 2009, 02:22 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,157 Posts
Hi,
I have my GWS C-160 become space shuttle carrier.
What do you think of it?
Thanks
Jason
whatala is offline Find More Posts by whatala
Old Aug 20, 2009, 09:18 AM
Joined Oct 2007
153 Posts
I like it, Do you have any videos of it flying with the shuttle?
HydroStatics is offline Find More Posts by HydroStatics
Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:22 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,157 Posts
I have to take a video one day, it looks very cool. Alot of atttention on the field. Someday, I take it off, people at the field ask for the space shuttle.
Maybe I video this weekend and post here soon.
whatala is offline Find More Posts by whatala
Old Jun 12, 2010, 07:11 AM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
765 Posts
Raf c130k

Just thought I'd chip in with my RAF C130K style Cargotrans. I'm currently building another one that I've stretched, and developed a 6 blade prop for. This one will be in the style of the RAF C130 J

davylah is offline Find More Posts by davylah