HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by surfimp, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 10:58 AM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,086 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
Sold
Unobtanium Russ Thompson DC-3 / C-47 PSS fuse & cores

Unobtanium Russ Thompson DC-3 / C-47 PSS fuselage and wing cores by Target.

Fuse was laid up by Ray H from Russ's molds. Layup is pretty heavy, Ray builds for Fermin so this ain't no wimp. Molded in hatch and hatch cover included. Big roomy fuse with enough space for just about anything you could ever want to do.

Wing cores cut by Target. They are some of the sweetest wing cores I've ever seen, use the superfast Don Ayers A7515 foil and build out to a 63" span (making the plane build to a perfect 1/16 scale). Wing is three pieces for scale accuracy. I had intended to scratchbuild nacelles, but you could build it without them if you wanted.

Cores are cut with the idea of having 1/4" basswood sub trailing edge and a 1 1/2" balsa trailing edge. I was planning to sheet them with 1/32" ply, but you could use balsa or ply or whatever you like.

Have templates for fin and elevator which need to be created from balsa, ply, basswood or whatever you prefer.

These planes build out to around 80oz. plus (I think Ray flies his at over 100oz.) This is a genuine sled opportunity for anyone who thinks they can handle it. Can you handle it??

Asking $130, buyer pays shipping. Am selling because I don't get to Fermin as much as I'd like, and because I want to get a big molded plane.

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2006, 07:30 PM
Der Haifisch!! R.I.P.
Fallbrook, California, United States
Joined Jul 2003
2,226 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
82 views and no replies? Man people are just daring me to buy this Steve...

BD
BeeDee is offline Find More Posts by BeeDee
Old Feb 19, 2006, 09:03 PM
Fun ain't cheap!
Joined Apr 2003
2,985 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Esteban,
What's the deal with the masking tape, do the fuse halves still need to be joined?

Andres
droydx is offline Find More Posts by droydx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sosos
Old Feb 20, 2006, 08:38 AM
Feeling FrSky
Joined Feb 2003
20,086 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
Plane is sold. Thanks!

Steve