HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2002, 12:48 PM
United States, PA, Beaver
Joined Sep 2001
3,509 Posts
Lite Stick Hitch Hiker

Saw something fly into my Stick last night while flying in the back yard. Appears a 17 year Cicada found it's way to the plane. Must have flown through the prop as one of his large wings was missing.
My back yard is riddled with these things. Surprised this was the first one I hit.
rcav8r2 is offline Find More Posts by rcav8r2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2002, 01:08 PM
Crash and Build
United States, NY, Ithaca
Joined Oct 2001
2,142 Posts
Suprised it still flew with that big a payload!
dpoles is offline Find More Posts by dpoles
Old Jun 21, 2002, 01:42 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Hilarious!!!! you must live in Houston if you have that many of them I grew up there and we spent many summer nights with flashlights looking for them burrowing out of the ground!
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Jun 22, 2002, 08:51 PM
United States, PA, Beaver
Joined Sep 2001
3,509 Posts
Yope, live about 20 miles north/west of Pittsburgh PA. This is the 17 year Cicada. ( only comes out once every 17 years) No need looking with flash lights for these guys. They came out by litterly the 100s of thousands, if not millions. The neighbor shoveld 2 wheelbarrow loads from his back yard the other day.
rcav8r2 is offline Find More Posts by rcav8r2
Old Jun 22, 2002, 09:25 PM
Manassas, VA, USA
Joined Feb 2002
651 Posts
Man those things looks like fake gag insects, lol. I know how huge swarms of insects goes. When my dad lived in sacremento I went there and visited right in the middle of some bizarre thing crickets do every once in a while. After dusk the ground was covered with them, its like the grass was turned into crickets. One day I went to the pool before dark, and stayed untill after dark, and forgot to bring my shoes! :eek I had to walk back to the apartment barefoot through it all! Those things got inside all the time too, no matter what you did to keep them out.
Stregone is offline Find More Posts by Stregone