HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2006, 05:11 PM
Joined Mar 2003
385 Posts
Discussion
Great planes Flatana

First thoughts on this model.I hated the linkage connectors,can't remember what they call them but there fiddly and weak.The tape free hinge idea works ok but takes a lot of time,On the whole tape is better imho.The depron is super fragile,easy to damage with a careless move or a gust of wind.Aileron connection to wing is far too easy to break.Flys ok with a nice knife edge,minimal coupling.Power is just ok,knew i should have put a brushless in it.On the whole a reinvention of the wheel that does not roll.Try her inside on Sunday and expect a good time,fragility issues aside.Al.Ps the name is just so silly,so i call mine "Flat Anna ".
Al Dente is offline Find More Posts by Al Dente
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2006, 06:11 PM
Joined Mar 2003
385 Posts
First time indoors,flys fine breaks easy.Lovely hover,just enough power,axial roll.Hard landing which most depronish planes would have shrugged of and the elevator broke off [only one half though] and the naff aileron fixing broke again.Poor design in some respects and too brittle to take the slightest hit.Al.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 07:03 PM
Parrothead Extraordinaire
Island of Margaritaville.No parallels of latitude or longitude mark the spot exactly. Passports are not required
Joined Sep 2002
797 Posts
The Foamtana is much sturdier.
Mark Gund is offline Find More Posts by Mark Gund
Old Feb 20, 2006, 06:16 PM
Joined Mar 2003
385 Posts
Thanks mark,I'll look into that.Still searching for the perfect indoor plane,light strong enough,good knife edge ,good hover.Oh and ideally cheap and pretty.Al.