HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by John Rood, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 05:36 PM
Delusional Wanna-Be
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Joined Mar 2004
1,178 Posts
Alert
A Blast From Arturo's Past !!!

Back in the late 1960's or early 70's my younger brother ArthurTheMenace built and flew this great old kit, the House Of Balsa Focke Wulf FW-190A-3.

Well, all these eons later, I have found the actual plans that Art used to build his 190! They were downstairs here in Boston, buried under a ton of aero-things rescued from our childhood back in the Palisades.

36" span, 1/12th scale, this cute plane was an enormously popular 1/2A gas "schoolyard / stand-off scale" model (that's what they called it back then) designed by Fred Reese, and amazingly House of Balsa is still in business, and by popular demand they reintroduced this kit! Price seems a bit higher than I remember it was back during the Nixon Administration.

Of course now this airplane is a happy candidate for e-power, and here's a recent build-review: http://www.rcgroups.com/links/index.php?id=4029

Meanwhile, my PSS glider pal Jan recently told me that he built one and sloped it off Palos Verdes way back when! How cool is this??? What a connection.

So I just might need to make a HOUSE OF FOAM version for PSS.
John Rood is offline Find More Posts by John Rood
Last edited by John Rood; Mar 01, 2006 at 11:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts