http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=47887

Thanks Ray
raythomas is offline Find More Posts by raythomas
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2002, 11:19 AM
Seattle, Washington,USA
Joined Jan 2001
57 Posts
Hi, Ray. On my small Dumas airboat, I mounted a Dubro Quikswitch in front of the radio compartment on the right side of the deck. My antenna is on the opposite side of the deck, parallel with the switch. This keeps them far enough in front of the prop to avoid any mishaps. (Well, so far!) You don't really need the charge jack - just leave the pigtail loose inside your radio compartment. Since mine is electric, I have to open the compartment every run anyway to charge the batteries. I've found that alkaline cells for the radio are better anyway - I get two months use out of a fresh set. Sure beats charging nicads every week! Hope this helps ....... Jim. BTW, my electric setup - MM Reverse motor, 3.5 gearbox, 10 x 8 prop on 12 cells is awesome. Much faster than the gas version, I'm sure. It's almost out of control! Love it!
Seattle Jim is offline Find More Posts by Seattle Jim