Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 12, 2006, 03:55 PM
Joined Sep 2002
1,051 Posts
Discussion
I must know more about the Shorts Skyvans @the efest

Rge Orange Futaba and the blue and white were majestic and insanely powerful, the orange one could prop-hang, and take off in about 4 fet of runway with flaps down. i heard it was an unimaginably low weight... yet what performance! i even saw it fly thru a 3-d ppane and cut in half, and keep going like nobody's biz... Where's a link to plans and specs for the power setup?

Second, that was an awesome red flying wing elecric with Soviet markings jet the Futaba guys were flying, what's is called, and who's selling it? I heard it was still a prototype...

A very big thank-you to the most generous folks from Castle Creations, and E-Flight and Horizon: you made my boys remember Saturday forever, and we're looking forward to many hours of father and son time putting your gifts to good use.

Lastly, I dunno how I could have missed it, but it seemed like nodoby broght any depron sheets to SELL! I would have bought a trunkload had I only seen some around to buy... was I just unobservant?

We are already looking to know what days the e-fest will return to Champaign on next year, so we can mark the calendar... hopefully, both sons will have planes to fly/enter next year!!!
Aten W Arthog is offline Find More Posts by Aten W Arthog
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2006, 04:10 PM
Always right
Chicago
Joined Feb 2003
5,924 Posts
Don't know much about Skyvan, but that Red jet should ship around end of March they said.
Hovertime is offline Find More Posts by Hovertime
Old Feb 12, 2006, 04:12 PM
Bloomington, IL (Hell's Cornfield)
Joined Dec 2001
1,096 Posts
Quote:
Second, that was an awesome red flying wing elecric with Soviet markings jet the Futaba guys were flying, what's is called, and who's selling it? I heard it was still a prototype...

I'm interested in the "Miglet" too. It was on display in the "new products" area of the Hobbico booth. There was a red and a black version. Nothing about it on thier website though. I guess it's in the works for some future date.
theKAT is offline Find More Posts by theKAT
Old Feb 12, 2006, 06:41 PM
Suspended Account
Newmarket,Ontario, Canada
Joined Dec 2002
968 Posts
im also interested in the skyvan! i didnt see it fly but i LOVE the look of it and can see some great fun potential!

if anyone has info,video or PLANS i would like to give it a shot.

even a link to the pilot/owner would be a start!

thanks ededge2002@yahoo.ca

ededge2002
ededge2002 is offline Find More Posts by ededge2002
Old Feb 12, 2006, 07:13 PM
Jason Noll
Champaign, IL
Joined Sep 2004
362 Posts
Hello Guys,

To answer some of your questions....

The skyvan (Shorts C-13) is a prototype airplane that I drafted up in CAD and cut a few for myself and my father on the laser cutter at work. I wanted to build a scale twin that really looked scale out of Depron. It weighs 11 oz and uses the motors for yaw control. I am not sure what my plans are for it as of right now, however, if I get enough people interested in it I might consider doing something with it.

About the Miglet....This is a Great Planes ARF that will come with a brushed motor and fan unit that was specifically engineered in house for our EDF airplanes. The Miglet will be available soon and under $100.00. As you seen, it is extremely fast (AND IT'S BRUSHED!!!) It's also very easy to convert to brushless. This is a very easy jet to fly (as long as you have the battery in the correct CG location......MY FAULT!) This is just one of the firsts of many exciting products GP is going to be realeasing.

Hope this helps,
Jason
Jason Noll is offline Find More Posts by Jason Noll
Old Feb 12, 2006, 09:32 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Albany County, New York, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,547 Posts
Hey Jason what was that reactor 3d plane I saw in some of the pics, is that Great planes?
FASTALJR is online now Find More Posts by FASTALJR
Old Feb 12, 2006, 09:56 PM
I broke it
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,746 Posts
Jason,

I wasnt there...been watching the feed a little and looked thru all the pics posted here...I love the skyvans! I am a bit of a nut for odd looking planes, and I love twins. I would really like to have one of these, please consider kitting it, or at very least sending me one!

thanks,
David
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2006, 08:39 AM
Jason Noll
Champaign, IL
Joined Sep 2004
362 Posts
Yes, the Reactor is another Great Planes ARF that is an incredible 3D airplane. It's a blast to fly, it's very lightweight and it's going to be very affordable. Look for it at the end of May

Jason
Old Feb 13, 2006, 08:10 PM
Jason Noll
Champaign, IL
Joined Sep 2004
362 Posts
Correcting my last post.....Look for the Reactor at the end of June. Sorry guys,

Jason
Old Feb 14, 2006, 09:31 PM
Carbondale PA
Joined Aug 2005
539 Posts
Jason,
I used to fly the real Shorts 360 and 330 like the one you modeled years ago for USAIR EXPRESS. They were a great airplane to fly. Like flying a big Cessna 172. I would love to build one. I would have to make it half the size of yours or smaller! Sorry I did not make it to E-fest. I will keep you updated to the progress of my 1/72 scale F6F. Thanks, Joe Malinchak.
Joe Malinchak is offline Find More Posts by Joe Malinchak
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Joe Malinchak; Feb 14, 2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 09:36 PM
Jason Noll
Champaign, IL
Joined Sep 2004
362 Posts
Thats great! If you could make it half size that would be very cool!

Jason
Old Feb 16, 2006, 08:07 PM
Crazy 'bout Bees
Fort Wayne, IN
Joined Oct 2005
579 Posts
Here's a short 8 sec video of the blue and white one I shot. My battery was flashing empty most of the day, so I didn't shoot very long videos.
vax6335 is offline Find More Posts by vax6335
Old Jul 28, 2006, 09:54 AM
Joined Jul 2006
2 Posts
must have photos of the skyvan @ efest!!!

has anyone got any photos they can post of the skyvan by Jason shown @ efest?

it sounds like a fantastic model. come on with those plans jason!!!!

well done for creating such a buzz.

thanks andrew
andrewdmather@hotmail.com
Captain Andrew is offline Find More Posts by Captain Andrew
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:07 PM
RETIRED PHILLY FIREFIGHTER
Philadelphia, PA USA
Joined May 2004
297 Posts
Plans for a Skyvan?

Anyone know of available plans for a Skyvan?
Vagabond324 is offline Find More Posts by Vagabond324
Old Mar 23, 2007, 09:01 AM
vallejo, ca
Joined Jul 2006
105 Posts
Hey Jason, I used to fly shorts for a commuter and always loved that plane. I really want to build an rc shorts and paint it in the scheme of the ones I used to fly. Please let me know if the plans are available....thanks
garyev is offline Find More Posts by garyev