SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 19, 2002, 03:56 PM
Joined Apr 2000
2,300 Posts
Where to get a flight timer.......

I understand some TX's have built in timers but due to my bad hearing I probably couldn't hear a high pitched beeping. Are there any that vibrate like a pager that you can wear on your belt?

I asked this because I crashed my Voyager when the brand new RC-2400 pak dumped just as I was rounding out a low altitude turn in prep for landing and hit a tree.
HankF is offline Find More Posts by HankF
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2002, 04:15 PM
Web Monkey
Vestal, NY
Joined Apr 2002
17 Posts
As I am completely deaf.. I've also had this issue.. the solution I found for me was a vibrating watch.. You can get the cheap sport model for about $40 at most any deaf/hard of hearing supplier. (like harris http://www.harriscomm.com)The watch has alarm functions as well as a count down timer.
PeteEMT is offline Find More Posts by PeteEMT
Old Jun 19, 2002, 04:15 PM
Vinton, VA USA
Joined Feb 2002
102 Posts
Hank,
I fired up the search engine and came across a pager sized countdown timer. Man I spend too much time on the net! $39.95 was the price I think. Here is the link:

http://www.invisibleclock.com/?source=overture

I think this was made for you
Pierce is offline Find More Posts by Pierce
Old Jun 19, 2002, 09:05 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
The gentleman that thaught me how to fly at our club used an egg timer that he had attached to his flight box. Those things are loud...
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Jun 19, 2002, 09:57 PM
Joined Apr 2000
2,300 Posts
Thank all you guys, especially Pierce! I liked that one so I ordered it.

Hank
HankF is offline Find More Posts by HankF
Old Jun 19, 2002, 11:37 PM
Vinton, VA USA
Joined Feb 2002
102 Posts
You are welcome Hank! Glad I was finally able to help someone here

It did look kind of neat. I may get one for myself once I get to the point that I might actually need one.
Pierce is offline Find More Posts by Pierce
Old Jun 20, 2002, 12:12 AM
san antonio, texas
Joined Mar 2002
1,954 Posts
My friend and I got really nice countdown timers for about $7 from a Target store in our area. They can be found in the kitchen section. Ours are made by Oster and have a nice silver finish . They also have a clip on the back. I padded the handle on my JR xmitter with anti grip material (for opening jars) and tie wraps and clip the timer onto that.
skypup is online now Find More Posts by skypup