Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 12, 2006, 04:04 AM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
New Product
Align Trex 600 - the long awaited big one

While surfing around i found Jeremy at Rchover has a little blurb about a show comming up and the release of the new Heli.
Do any of you guys know any more ?
ozace is offline Find More Posts by ozace
Last edited by ozace; Mar 10, 2006 at 04:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2006, 05:07 AM
Suspended Account
Redding, Ca
Joined Nov 2005
5,040 Posts
I am sure to geet this heli
Nick J is offline Find More Posts by Nick J
Old Feb 12, 2006, 05:40 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,314 Posts
Could not wait any longer so I got a 600EP.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Feb 12, 2006, 03:37 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
Could not wait any longer so I got a 600EP.

Good onya RC
bit like not waiting for the Timex and getting a Rolex instead
Old Feb 13, 2006, 01:17 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,347 Posts
Lol!
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:03 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozace
Good onya RC
bit like not waiting for the Timex and getting a Rolex instead

Do you really think it will be a piece of junk?

I was thinking that it would be LOGO quality at the price of a Swift. One thing for sure after seeing how long it has taken Align to get all the bugs worked out of the T-Rex and the very expensive SE I donít think I would recommend getting one of the first production models. Align tends to let the customer do the beta testing so it would be smart to give them a couple of years to get it right.

RC
RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:06 PM
Suspended Account
Redding, Ca
Joined Nov 2005
5,040 Posts
YEARS how about months
Nick J is offline Find More Posts by Nick J
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:27 PM
mmg
Hoboken, NJ
Joined Dec 2005
67 Posts
Well I'm very hopefull to see a very good 30 size heli with a competitive price. Probably with mikado quality and prices in between the swift and logo 10. What we have seen with align is that they took the trial and error aproach to put TREX flaws in place because they were new to this industry. Now they already have the experience and we all agree that the SE is a hell of a machine, precise and very well built. The thing is that Align is a big company, larger than mikado or century joint together with much larger resources available and a owner commited to make rc helis. This, for sure will produce results.
mmg is offline Find More Posts by mmg
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:33 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
Do you really think it will be a piece of junk?

I was thinking that it would be LOGO quality at the price of a Swift. One thing for sure after seeing how long it has taken Align to get all the bugs worked out of the T-Rex and the very expensive SE I donít think I would recommend getting one of the first production models. Align tends to let the customer do the beta testing so it would be smart to give them a couple of years to get it right.

RC
I have a few Trex's , swift and few Logo's. Nothing Align has to date is anywhere near Mikado quality and i would expect the new heli will be more akin to the swift both in quality and price.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 03:32 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,347 Posts
I have been flying Mikado helis since 2000 and just like anybody else, they had some growing pains, although minimal. It also helps when they use the already proven Graupner head and tail to cut back on initial batch symdromes.

There are many manufacturers capable of producing helis comparable to Mikado. But most have not done so due to the small market size compared to gas/glow helis. The only way to change that is for the price of Lipo to come down. If you think Thunderpower are expensive here, wait until you see the prices in other countries. Those eMoli and A123 cells should be a major turning point for larger helis. But only if some company can have enough pull at manufacturer to get those into the RC market.

I also have high hopes for Align. After seeing what they can do and how enthuastic the big boss is, I am sure they'll hit the larger heli market by storm like what T-Rex did.
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
Old Feb 13, 2006, 03:37 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
We can only hope.
The trex has taken the E heli market in Australia by storm.
When i started a few years back i was a freak for flying E, now most club members have at least one trex. If Align can give us a decent heli there is a ripe market for trex owners to move up in size. I hold hopes that Align will be able to gain access to emoli or 123 cells and flood the market with low cost durable cells.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 04:26 PM
Hold my beer.....
Fredericksburg, TX
Joined Aug 2005
963 Posts
Yes, I own two Trex's and for the price per quality per fun factor - you can't beat them! I do have high hopes for the big 'rex and if it turns out as good or better than the Trex, then I will be pleased.
sharky47 is offline Find More Posts by sharky47
Old Feb 13, 2006, 06:24 PM
Millville, N.J. U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2001
175 Posts
My son and I are planning to attend the WRAM show on Feb 24th. This is where Jeremy hints at showing the new TREX. I am really anxious to see just how this one comes out. I haven't seen any info at all as to the actual size, rotor diameter, etc. Maybe I missed it somewhere. I am quite anxious to see the new machine though.
dwoel is offline Find More Posts by dwoel
Old Feb 13, 2006, 06:59 PM
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Joined Dec 2004
992 Posts
I know I will be the first to buy one!
FHHOBBIES is offline Find More Posts by FHHOBBIES
Old Feb 13, 2006, 08:05 PM
Texas Ranger
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Aug 2004
2,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHHOBBIES
I know I will be the first to buy one!
But will you be the first to sell them in Canada?
Neil Walker is offline Find More Posts by Neil Walker