HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2006, 04:44 PM
New Jersey
Joined Mar 2004
197 Posts
Discussion
rd logics fuel tank

Is it just me or does the rd tank stick out further forward than the stock tank??? I installed mine today & noticed that it sticks out further & it seems a touch wider & deeper than the stock tank..Must mean larger =more run time big plus..The only concern i have is that in a front impact the wheel migh push too far back & damage the tank(thats how i broke stock tank) so i set the rake out as far as it would go for more wheel to tank clearance..

Matt
Ratpower396 is offline Find More Posts by Ratpower396
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2006, 05:00 PM
Julianadorp. the netherlands
Joined Feb 2005
614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpower396
Is it just me or does the rd tank stick out further forward than the stock tank??? I installed mine today & noticed that it sticks out further & it seems a touch wider & deeper than the stock tank..Must mean larger =more run time big plus..The only concern i have is that in a front impact the wheel migh push too far back & damage the tank(thats how i broke stock tank) so i set the rake out as far as it would go for more wheel to tank clearance..

Matt

i think it is very difficult to damage the alu tank i don't say its impossible , but setting the rack further out is not the solution , because it will make the turns bigger. .
oke stabillity will increase but your corners will go bigger..

and yes the tank has more capacity so longer run time!!.

gr. Ronald
Red Bullie is offline Find More Posts by Red Bullie
Old Feb 11, 2006, 09:25 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,705 Posts
also..if the tire DOES get pushed back into the tank... it's a soft rubber tire... so you shouldn't have to worry about it...
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Feb 12, 2006, 05:39 PM
New Jersey
Joined Mar 2004
197 Posts
i hear what you guys are saying but even with the rake all the way out there is only 1/4 inch between the tire & the fuel fitting...I guess the rake wont hurt me too bad because i run in a high school parking lot decent size place for the bikes..Too bad im the only nut around(seems like in New jersey) with a bike..

Matt
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:02 AM
Julianadorp. the netherlands
Joined Feb 2005
614 Posts
Quote:
i hear what you guys are saying but even with the rake all the way out there is only 1/4 inch between the tire & the fuel fitting...I guess the rake wont hurt me too bad because i run in a high school parking lot decent size place for the bikes..Too bad im the only nut around(seems like in New jersey) with a bike..

Matt
I know what you mean same problem here >> it looks like i am the village idiot.
i always run my bike on places where it is busy. so a lot of people see it!!
got a lot of questions that way!! and maybe new bikers.

Gr. Ronald

ps post a picture of your fueltank how it is positioned.
Red Bullie is offline Find More Posts by Red Bullie
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:03 AM
scale microlights
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,685 Posts
Does anyone know anything about these forks? and what makes them different to the std ttn forks?
it says theyre aluminium and increase the strength and performance of the bike?!
the std ones are aluminium aswell arent they?!
they look the same except for rdlogics written down the side and cost 46!!

i dont think they want to sell many tanks either, i need 2 and ive emailed them 3 times on ebay to see how much for shipping and they dont get back to me!!
theyre only 25 on ebay but about 40 on motorradshops site else id get one there,
i tried getting one off their own site but shipping was more than the tank!
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Last edited by mark675; Feb 13, 2006 at 10:12 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:54 AM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
Quote:

Matt
If you're using the standard 3mm tie rods and spacers on the frame I'd check to see the tie rods aren't bent.Could be the reason for your lack of wheel clearance.

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:54 PM
New Jersey
Joined Mar 2004
197 Posts
here are some pics of the tank installed..Also after the crash i replaced the 4 bolts that go through the aluminum spacersn so i know they are straight..Check out the pic of the head that is now cracked a cooling fin thanks to the crash..You might be able to see the tire scuff on the head too..
Old Feb 13, 2006, 05:39 PM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
I see what you mean now,not much room left. I have my middle plates tight on the steering arm so it can hardly move,looks like that spring that tensions the rake adjustment is squashing too easy.

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Old Feb 13, 2006, 06:07 PM
New Jersey
Joined Mar 2004
197 Posts
these tanks are quite a bit larger than the stock tanks so if anyone wants to get one & keep the rake in tight these arent for you guys..If i get a chance ill try to get a pic of the old stocker next to the rd tank for comparison
Old Feb 13, 2006, 06:51 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,335 Posts
I had this same rubbing problem with my Kyosho bike, same solutions apply here.

Either get stiffer springs for the forks and/or Increase the length of the forks with spacers under the triples. This will prevent the rubbing. If it does rub, it will be only for a split second and won't mess up handling or your tires.

Ian
grymg is offline Find More Posts by grymg
Old Feb 17, 2006, 02:51 PM
New Jersey
Joined Mar 2004
197 Posts
Just for the groups info I just attempted to mount a stock ttn ducati fairing with the rd tank & guess what---- It doesnt fit!!!!!! After a bit of swearing i looked & saw that the extra depth of the tank wont allow the body to raise up high enough to allow the use of the stock body mount position..Doesnt help me now that my nice new shiney trimmed & drilled fairing dont fit...Man this tank is starting to suck & i havnt even ran the bike with it yet..

Matt
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:21 AM
TTN Perfectionist
The Woodlands,TX
Joined Feb 2006
137 Posts
so before I order this tnak does it drop right in or not??? I am getting worried... I was just about to order one, I want no fitting issues...
999rpilot is offline Find More Posts by 999rpilot
Old Feb 18, 2006, 04:11 PM
New Jersey
Joined Mar 2004
197 Posts
the tank fits the bikes frame no problems..I am running into the problem of fitting bodywork onto the bike after putting the tank on..I have seen other members here with the tank but nobody else with a fairing on their bike with the tank installed..I did get an r1 body set to fit ,it is tight but it fit..The ducati bodywork isnt even close to fitting with the standard body mount locations..

Matt
Old Feb 18, 2006, 07:32 PM
New Jersey
Joined Mar 2004
197 Posts
put the stock fuel tank in today & the body work fits fine.. I guess ill keep waiting for my replacement tank from thundertiger4u to come in..Besides its way too cold around here to run it anyhow..

Matt