HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by paintballer#1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 07:31 PM
Joined Feb 2006
26 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Wanted
hobbi co. NexSTAR trainer rtf

hi i am looking for a NexStar trainer rtf.would like starter and power sorce but can deal with out. looking to spend no more than $350 $400 maybe more for starter and power sorce. thx
paintballer#1 is offline Find More Posts by paintballer#1
Last edited by paintballer#1; Feb 22, 2006 at 12:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:59 AM
Joined Nov 2004
47 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Hi, I am selling a Hobbico Avistar with a .40La O.S. engine that has been broken in and runs perfectly. I am also including 4 futaba servos. I am also selling my electric hobbico sperstar that crashed and I rebuilt the firewall and it comes with 3 servos and the motor and speed controller with 2 seven cell battery packs (2000mah). Also I am including my Right Flyer 40T that comes with a .46 Ball Bearing Magnum engine, the right flyer has hanger rash. I am also including my flight box with a starter 12v 12amp battery, a 4000mah reachargeable glow igniter with charger(believe it is 4000mah!). I am also including my Iwaver(Mini-Z) Remote control car with a 3channel computer radio! And 4AAA 850mah rechargable NiMh batteries and lots of parts. All for $300 dollars. I live in CA, city of Northridge zipcode 91326

Pick up only Please!
mclarenhpi is offline Find More Posts by mclarenhpi
Last edited by mclarenhpi; Feb 11, 2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 01:30 PM
Joined Feb 2006
26 Posts
thanks but i live in indiana and that would be way to far to drive for a plane thank u though
paintballer#1 is offline Find More Posts by paintballer#1
Old Feb 11, 2006, 04:39 PM
Wanatah, IN
Joined Dec 2005
46 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Trainer

Check pm. PM sent
papaw is offline Find More Posts by papaw
Old Feb 22, 2006, 08:37 AM
Joined Nov 2004
0 Posts
Paintballer,
Welcome to a great hobby. I have nothing to sell or trade but would urge you to consider something other than the NexStar. Last season, our club had three new members show up for lessons, each with a brand new NexStar. First, that auto stabilization thing is a bust. Adds $100 and none of our instructors will fly the plane when it is activated. Second, airplane flies terrible with the flaps? and cuff's on the wing. Too much drag and approaches way nose low. Everyone takes them off immediately, then they have an unforgiving, high aspect ratio wing (narrow chord) that isn't good for training either. Oh yea, two of them had engine problems too. That OS 46FXi is not up to normal OS standards. Bottom line - None of the three students ever soloed their NexStar's. Two quit the hobby and the third sold his NexStar, for $50 bucks, and built another trainer. Oh yea, the Realflight thing is a gimic too. Didn't run right on three different PC's. Two of them spent an additional $200 for a real copy of RealFlight. There are several good trainers out there, RTF's in the $250-280 range, with good handling qualities without the gimics. Use the money you save to get a used version of RealFlight on Ebay, and you're on your way.

Sorry to be so negative about what, on the surface, looks like a great way to get into RC. We were as disappointed as the students when we saw how it flew.

Good luck with whatever you buy!
airboss82 is offline Find More Posts by airboss82
Old Mar 06, 2006, 11:17 AM
Joined Dec 2005
63 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss82
Paintballer,
Welcome to a great hobby. I have nothing to sell or trade but would urge you to consider something other than the NexStar. Last season, our club had three new members show up for lessons, each with a brand new NexStar. First, that auto stabilization thing is a bust. Adds $100 and none of our instructors will fly the plane when it is activated. Second, airplane flies terrible with the flaps? and cuff's on the wing. Too much drag and approaches way nose low. Everyone takes them off immediately, then they have an unforgiving, high aspect ratio wing (narrow chord) that isn't good for training either. Oh yea, two of them had engine problems too. That OS 46FXi is not up to normal OS standards. Bottom line - None of the three students ever soloed their NexStar's. Two quit the hobby and the third sold his NexStar, for $50 bucks, and built another trainer. Oh yea, the Realflight thing is a gimic too. Didn't run right on three different PC's. Two of them spent an additional $200 for a real copy of RealFlight. There are several good trainers out there, RTF's in the $250-280 range, with good handling qualities without the gimics. Use the money you save to get a used version of RealFlight on Ebay, and you're on your way.

Sorry to be so negative about what, on the surface, looks like a great way to get into RC. We were as disappointed as the students when we saw how it flew.

Good luck with whatever you buy!

I KNOW I AM PRETTY NEW TO THE HOBBIE BUT I HAVE A NEXTSTAR I TOOK OFF THE AIR BRAKES AND THE LEVELING/GYRO AND THE PLANE FLYS GREAT I FLEW SOLO IN FACT SUNDAY AFTER A 18 MIN FLITE I RAN OUT OF FUEL (FORGOT TO TIME MYSELF) AND DEAD STICKED IT IN I HAVE NO PROBLEMS W/ IT I PURCHASED A TYPHOON FROM PARK ZONE AND I AM FLYING 3D AFTER 2 MONTHS OF NEXSTAR I BRUNG MY BROTHER AND GIRL FRIEND FLY MY BRO IS 11 AND HE COULD DO IT. MY G/F IS CLUMSY AS ANY ONE I EVEER MET AND SHE FLEW IT. EVEN DOES LOOPS AND FIGURE 8 I THINK ITS A GREAT PLANE
bayou_flyer is offline Find More Posts by bayou_flyer
Last edited by bayou_flyer; Mar 06, 2006 at 11:30 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:56 PM
Joined Oct 2003
6 Posts
I have to agree with Bayou_Flyer. I taught a friend of mine how to R/C with his Nexstar. He installed the simulator on his computer and it ran fine. You do need one that has a good graphics card and some computing power, the old 486 isn't going to hack it! He spent some time on the simulator and when we went out to fly it, I checked out the setup and we hooked up my Eclipse with Spretrum module to his frequency and his radio as the slave. I let him takeoff, fly and land it. NO PROBLEMS at all with the flaps, wing cuffs, and the 46 FXi ran awesome. Oh so did the Autopilot. The one thing I would say is that it did not want to stop flying. When he would come in for landing the glide was super. So he kept overshooting the runway and had to go around until he figured out the glide. Perfect package for a beginning flyer. I would still recommend some instructor time, just in case you run into problems.
vt325xi is offline Find More Posts by vt325xi
Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:44 AM
northern cali
Joined Jan 2003
1 Posts
nexstar

i have one i could sell u... has everything just needs everything to be hooked up. I will sell for $350.

faith
jetskier23 is offline Find More Posts by jetskier23
Closed Thread