Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 19, 2006, 11:46 AM
Rio,WI
Joined Aug 2005
17 Posts
D/L version 430, not as good as 410 but better than 426. several bugs to fix. after flying a heli after the first load it crashes even before you have time to spool it up.
Scrapper is offline Find More Posts by Scrapper
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2006, 03:28 PM
Forgot how to fly
Atlanta, Georgia
Joined Oct 2002
10,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR2
You would think that manufactuers would be happy to see their aircraft modelled for a popular simulator as they aren't doing it themselves. So long as the designer isn't getting any money for it I'd think they would look at it as free advertising. Especially smaller companies.
I would venture to say that it isnt manufacturers causing the problem, but Dion from Aerofly Pro. He has had a personal vendetta against Rick for some time. I dont think there is any love loss between either party.

-Mike
Mike Parsons is offline Find More Posts by Mike Parsons
Old Feb 20, 2006, 05:30 PM
Rat
Come get me if you can
Rats nest Grafton ND
Joined Aug 2004
2,249 Posts
No it is not a manufacturer. It is one or two people causing the problem. One of their products includes a flying dog house and I am wondering if they got the OK to use it since it is actually copy righted.

If we really want to get technical then it could be said that there should be no aircraft modeled or simulated after a real one unless the modeler is getting permission from the manufacturer or originator of the real thing.
Rat is offline Find More Posts by Rat
Old Feb 20, 2006, 07:59 PM
Joined Apr 2005
7 Posts
Nemo,

I have downloaded all the four aircrafts from your site and tried them. I loved the Extra 330S and Katana. Great work.

Thank you
niner_zero is offline Find More Posts by niner_zero
Old Mar 03, 2006, 01:30 PM
San Francisco
Joined Apr 2004
950 Posts
Today I upgraded my G3 to the non-beta release from RealFlight (3.00.430), then installed the Red Bull Extra 330S and the Katana Mini. Thanks Rick and Nemo for all the hard work! The graphics are outstanding.

The Extra flew very well for me. I did experience a problem with the Katana Mini needing nearly full elevator trim to fly straight and level at cruise speed. Anyone else encounter this issue?

Grant
gadzby is offline Find More Posts by gadzby
Old Mar 03, 2006, 04:04 PM
Joined Jan 2005
552 Posts
With regards to the mini try deleting it and then re-install it that should fix the flight problem.
nemo_uk is offline Find More Posts by nemo_uk
Old Mar 03, 2006, 04:27 PM
San Francisco
Joined Apr 2004
950 Posts
Thanks Tony, I'll give it a go.
Old Mar 03, 2006, 05:28 PM
San Francisco
Joined Apr 2004
950 Posts
Ok, the reinstall seems to have helped. The elevator trim slider is now adjusted to about 1/2 of the way between neutral and full scale 'up' for level flight.

Note for anyone else trying this: deleting a custom plane from within the simulator didn't remove all the associated files and directories. Because of this, my first attempt at a reinstall resulted in some error messages from G3. Going back and manually deleting all the 'katana' related directories and files resulted in a clean install on the second try.