Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 11, 2006, 04:43 PM
Joined Mar 2004
5,237 Posts
Rat, use Anim8or to edit G3 color files.
rutat is offline Find More Posts by rutat
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2006, 01:45 PM
I used to be all thumbs...
United States, KS, Pittsburg
Joined Mar 2005
7,061 Posts
Nemo's been busy!!!!!

Thanks Nemo!!!! http://www.rfmodels.com/
NumbSkull is offline Find More Posts by NumbSkull
Old Feb 12, 2006, 05:07 PM
MaxiR, Sniper
Lansdale, PA, USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumbSkull
Nemo's been busy!!!!!

Thanks Nemo!!!! http://www.rfmodels.com/
And Rick! Cool, more than the original 2 are up now!
Cobra is offline Find More Posts by Cobra
Old Feb 12, 2006, 08:00 PM
Joined Mar 2005
7,061 Posts
Rick??? I don't know Rick, is he shareing models too??? Where would I find his??

Thanks!!
Old Feb 12, 2006, 08:36 PM
Joined Jan 2005
552 Posts
Hi NumbSkull,

I'm hosting Rickís models on rfmodels.com. The only one I have finished so far is Katana Mini. The Extra 330S Shockflyer, Extra 330S "3D", Giles 202 toc and Extra 330S were made by Rick (there's a "modelled by Rick Deltenre" next to the name of each plane he has made)

Regards,

Tony
nemo_uk is offline Find More Posts by nemo_uk
Last edited by nemo_uk; Feb 12, 2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:45 PM
Joined Mar 2005
7,061 Posts
Got ya!!

I downloaded all 5 and installed them, but the only one I've had time to fly in the katana, and only for about 5 minutes. It looks GREAT and flies like a dream!!! I'm building my KM now, and had to try it out on the sim. I hope you don't mind, I plane to change the color on it to red so that it will look like mine.

Keep it up!!! I have an old copy of 3DS. Haven't used it since I was in college. For a while I was looking to go into 3D animation, but decided that a career in CG in Kansas just wasn't going to happen, nor did I want to move, so I changed over to the print industry and internet production. I'm sure I would be VERY rusty, but might have to install it just to see what I can produce.

Keep up the great work Tony and Rick!!! This is great that it is finally coming around for custom planes. I know it's hard work, and time consuming, so let me be one of the first to thank you both for all the work!!!
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:22 AM
Joined Aug 2004
995 Posts
Heres the deal guys.

I too use 3d studio max from time to time in the line of my work (architect)

Its a specialized program and requires training and experience to use it correctly. Those who have the abilities to create new 3d models of G3 aircraft will most likely already have access to this software.

Even if the software required to create these models was free, trust me, most people without any experience and training in 3d CAD would not be producing models anyway.
Willard is offline Find More Posts by Willard
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:56 PM
Joined Mar 2005
7,061 Posts
Hey Nemo, what happened to all the goodies on your website? I've been checking to see if there is anything new, and today I see that you only have the Katana online.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 03:41 AM
Joined Jan 2005
552 Posts
Hi NumbSkull,

There were some issues with the models. Hopefully they will be resolved soon and I can put them back.

regards,

Tony

P.S. I thought I would try using the RC Groups blog system for updates. If you subscribe to my blog you can easily see if Iíve added anything.
nemo_uk is offline Find More Posts by nemo_uk
Old Feb 17, 2006, 07:33 AM
Joined Mar 2005
7,061 Posts
Will do!!

Thanks!!!
Old Feb 17, 2006, 10:25 AM
Joined Feb 2006
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo_uk
Hi NumbSkull,

There were some issues with the models. Hopefully they will be resolved soon and I can put them back.

regards,

Tony

P.S. I thought I would try using the RC Groups blog system for updates. If you subscribe to my blog you can easily see if Iíve added anything.
Hi nemo

Dont know if you got my message. Anyway you can go ahead and put the Extra330S and Extra330S3D back online theirs no problem with either of those planes. I agreed to repaint the Giles202 and then I'll send it to you for upload as well, unfortuneatly the ability ro repaint planes in G3 is currently broken (with new update) so I will not be able to repaint the Giles untill it gets fixed.
RickDelten is offline Find More Posts by RickDelten
Old Feb 17, 2006, 06:32 PM
Joined Mar 2005
7,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDelten
Hi nemo

Dont know if you got my message. Anyway you can go ahead and put the Extra330S and Extra330S3D back online theirs no problem with either of those planes. I agreed to repaint the Giles202 and then I'll send it to you for upload as well, unfortuneatly the ability ro repaint planes in G3 is currently broken (with new update) so I will not be able to repaint the Giles untill it gets fixed.

I think I understand now...
Old Feb 18, 2006, 01:46 PM
Rat
Come get me if you can
Rats nest Grafton ND
Joined Aug 2004
2,249 Posts
So someone is causing problems with Ricks models again???? If this is the case then I sure wish these people would get a life and leave people like Rick alone. He is not hurting anyone or anything with his models.
Rat is offline Find More Posts by Rat
Old Feb 18, 2006, 10:12 PM
Joined Mar 2005
7,061 Posts
If anything, he is creating a demand. I know that after flying a few of the models that I have found for sims, I have gone out and bought a few of them because I enjoyed flying them in the sim.

He's not selling these either. They are free, not for profit. I thought if he gave credit to the manufacturer or the copyright owner, and not claim them as his, I always thought it was okay... I guess not.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 11:33 AM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,384 Posts
You would think that manufactuers would be happy to see their aircraft modelled for a popular simulator as they aren't doing it themselves. So long as the designer isn't getting any money for it I'd think they would look at it as free advertising. Especially smaller companies.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2