SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 18, 2002, 08:58 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Has anyone else noticed this inconsistance?

Multiplex says on there website that the twinjet picojet Twinstar and pico Cub are all on cockpitmaster. Yet NONE of them are. What the heck are they trying to pull?

MAlcom Garby
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2002, 03:45 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,674 Posts
Kushal

I wouldn't think they are trying to pull anything, more likely to be a case of the website just not being updated to reflect changing circumstances.

Cockpitmaster did originally have all of those models available when it was first released, either on the CD or as a free download. I know that is the case because I have them here in my version of CM purchased directly from Multiplex USA when the software was first released.

AFAIK there was a dispute between Multiplex and the software developers regarding the use of particular trademarks and that resulted in the removal of the Multiplex models from subsequent generations of the software. This was dissappointing as part of the reason for me buying CM was that future Multiplex modles were supposed to have been eventually available, and my son flies a Teddy, Pico Cub and Smiley.

I think there were threads discussing the matter at the time- hang on -

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=cockpitmaster

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=cockpitmaster

There ya go two threads- one discussing the absence of the Multiplex models from future versions and one descibing which models were available originally with a bit of a review.

Do you have CM?

hth

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jun 19, 2002, 09:51 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
yes brian I do have CM and was wondering just how good the program was agianst RF abd others these threads you have shown me are great. It is too bad Multiplex pullled it stuff off the CD as i too would have loved to fly the twin and pico jet as well as the twinstar. Very much a shame. Once agian thanks for your input and letting me know just what happend with Multiplex.

Malcom
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22