Here's my "Ripper"
Hmm - Jeff want!
Old Fart is offline Find More Posts by Old Fart
Old Aug 24, 2006, 04:14 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,501 Posts
You know Jeff, you would REALLY like this one! Fast enough to be a little hairy, yet lands like a butterfly with sore feet
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Aug 24, 2006, 05:07 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,301 Posts
Can the LSPJ be had in a reasonable amount of time or is there a huge wait? How much different is the LSPJ from a Purple Peril?

I'd like to throw one (LSPJ) into a Hawk, but don't want to wait to have to wait until Kingdom come to get one.. Swung by Hobby Lobby to pick one up today - they won't have any until October..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Aug 24, 2006, 06:13 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,501 Posts
Hi Tram,
Yes it really is quite a bit different. Much higher Kv, almost double. I just happen to know that the PP and a 6x4 fly the Hawk very well
Old Aug 24, 2006, 06:53 PM
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,301 Posts
Well, is a LSPJ available?
Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:57 PM
RCXPLANES CAD MAN
Pacific Northwest
Joined Feb 2004
824 Posts
Sorry Guys. I've been away from internet today preparing for our club airshow this weekend and working on the Typhoon or EF2000.
Got a lot done on the Typhoon and went from picture one to picture two. Good progress but a lot of work yet to do. It is coming along pretty well. I am not to keen on sanding the 3M Super 77 though. It makes a pretty big mess of the foam. What if anything are you guys using for a lightweight sanding filler? I want to remove the pannel lines before finishing.

Picture three and four are 3D renderings of the Ripper with the planed color graphics but no text in the pictures. Packaging for the Ripper is a big problem right now.

Bud
errolw98 is offline Find More Posts by errolw98
Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:07 PM
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,301 Posts
Who's plans is the Typhoon built from?
Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:18 PM
RCXPLANES CAD MAN
Pacific Northwest
Joined Feb 2004
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram
Who's plans is the Typhoon built from?
Hi Tram,
It is my plan from scratch. I did a lot of preliminary CAD work but didn't know where to put access hatches. That's why the top front of the fuse has been removed for the canopy/hatch from picture one to picture two. I am pretty good at the CAD but sometimes I have to build something and modify it as needed for things like hatches and such. Then I go back in and modify the CAD to match.

Bud
Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:20 PM
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,301 Posts
Are you going to make the plans available or a kit or anything of the sort?
Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:35 PM
RCXPLANES CAD MAN
Pacific Northwest
Joined Feb 2004
824 Posts
It is still too early to tell what may become of it. This is the first draft of my first attempt to do a scale anything. I am doing this project as a purpose built plane for the LSPJ. I have to see how it comes out before I determine if it can be kitted or not. I already have a long list of revisions to be done to the CAD work for both structural and scale purposes. It may not even fly well and turn into a static model but I don't think it will be that bad.

Bud
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:46 AM
That thing's operational!
New Orleans/Dallas
Joined Jan 2006
4,706 Posts
Errolw98,

Hi! Your Eurofighter 2000 looks beautiful! Great job, I hope it works out well for you!
birdlives1955 is offline Find More Posts by birdlives1955
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:56 AM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Jun 2006
73 Posts
Scott, Please check PM
levelOne is offline Find More Posts by levelOne
Old Aug 25, 2006, 01:24 AM
RCXPLANES CAD MAN
Pacific Northwest
Joined Feb 2004
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdlives1955
Errolw98,

Hi! Your Eurofighter 2000 looks beautiful! Great job, I hope it works out well for you!
Thanks birdlives1955,
Any ideas for lightweight sanding filler?

Bud
Old Aug 25, 2006, 02:24 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,501 Posts
Man what a morning we had!! Thanks Kevin (RCDad), Jon (BARNESJONR), Mike (MPCrash), Dan, and Brian. I had a great time this morning. There will be some very good pic's and video coming from this get together!! Lots of PJ's pushing a wide variety of Jets. It looked like a Jetset44 convention!! Plus we got some cool video from my F-14 and Jon's F-4. We attempted to fly somewhat close together so we could see each other's planes in the video, but his was too slow and mine was too fast to do much side by side because it was VERY windy. Still some good shots of his plane from my camera rear mounted and of my plane from his rear mounted camera What a hoot! Wait till you see how busy the tailerons are on the F-14 trying to fly slow! And you can see the wings swing too I swear it looks real when I throttled up, pointed straight up, folded the wings back, and did rolls while going bullistic. You really get a good sense of speed withose onboard jobs. Quite a morning, Bandits, F-15's, F-14, Eurofighter, 3 Migs!, BAE Hawk, F-16's It was like a warm up for Vegas in the fall.