HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2006, 08:58 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,484 Posts
Try the 6x4 If you like the power with a 5x4, you'll love the 6x4!!
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2006, 10:44 AM
Edmonds Wa. (Seattle)
Joined Nov 2003
3,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguide7
I spoke with Scott at Little Screamers, Awesome support! I will continue to recommend their fine products to all my r/c pals.

Scott kindly offered to rebuild my motor. Which I will send out today.

Question is the LSPJ enough motor for my 6MM RC F-14? I am finishing that project so it will be available to maiden this weekend, weather permitting.

I installed a 5x 4 prop on my SU-27 with the LS PJ Special and oh my word! Scary power! I cant wait to fly it. I was pulling 13.3 amps at WOT. And after about 1 minute of run time, it was not even warm.

Thanks,
With the right prop this motor is very powerful and is doing things I would have never thought possible. Bob knows his stuff! I am lucky to have him as a partner

Scott
Littlescreamers is offline Find More Posts by Littlescreamers
Old Apr 04, 2006, 11:12 AM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguide7

Question is the LSPJ enough motor for my 6MM RC F-14? I am finishing that project so it will be available to maiden this weekend, weather permitting.
Absolutely it is! Assuming your F-14 isn't too heavy (less than 22 oz AUW), of course. Because the F-14 is a big and draggy model for this little motor, I'd recommend using an APC 7x3.5 to trade some top speed for more static thrust. This combo performed EXCELLENT on my T-38, providing an estimated 18 oz thrust with 60 mph top speed. You could also try a 6x4 or 6x5.5 for more speed later, but my hunch is you'll find the performance less than optimum on the F-14 since it provides less than 15 oz thrust.

Steve
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old Apr 04, 2006, 11:24 PM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlescreamers
Hi,

I think Mon. The post office will not give a tracking number for International shipping. I sent them Air and it was like $5.50 for your box.

Have fun with them and let me know how they work out?

Thanks
Scott
Hi Scott , just 2 let U know , the motors arrived this morning april 5 ( about 4pm april 4th your time) so thats 6 days to travel half way around the planet
Just think, these motors have already travelled at 1000km / hr
Thanks a bunch ......... Ian
PS , have ordered a perpil perill
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old Apr 05, 2006, 04:28 PM
AMA848091
St. Charles, MO.
Joined Apr 2003
493 Posts
Littlescreamers: Scott, I sent you the $54.49 by Paypal just as you said to do for the PP Littlescreamer on March 28,2006. I haven't heard anything from you. You said things were caught up and you didn't have anything going on and you would build lt as soon as you recieved my money. I was just wondering when I could expect it. Please let me know.

Regards Cecil
flying-inspecto is offline Find More Posts by flying-inspecto
Old Apr 05, 2006, 06:40 PM
Edmonds Wa. (Seattle)
Joined Nov 2003
3,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-inspecto
Littlescreamers: Scott, I sent you the $54.49 by Paypal just as you said to do for the PP Littlescreamer on March 28,2006. I haven't heard anything from you. You said things were caught up and you didn't have anything going on and you would build lt as soon as you recieved my money. I was just wondering when I could expect it. Please let me know.

Regards Cecil
Actually the payment was on the 29th I called but you were not there so i talked to the wife? And told her it is on the way!

Thanks
Scott
Littlescreamers is offline Find More Posts by Littlescreamers
Old Apr 05, 2006, 09:04 PM
AMA848091
St. Charles, MO.
Joined Apr 2003
493 Posts
Scott: Thanks, I appreciate it. Looking forward to trying it with different prop combinations.

Regards Cecil
flying-inspecto is offline Find More Posts by flying-inspecto
Old Apr 08, 2006, 11:03 AM
USA, NY, Rochester
Joined Jan 2003
678 Posts
Scott,

I sent the PJ motor back this morning. Please let me know when the replacement one gets shipped.

Thanks,

Jim Hammond
jhamm is offline Find More Posts by jhamm
Old Apr 08, 2006, 01:18 PM
Newton, Ks.
Joined Feb 2004
245 Posts
Where's the best place to find props? I'm looking for a5.25x6.25 to put on my 75% bandit. Thanks.Howard
Ks.jetflyer is offline Find More Posts by Ks.jetflyer
Old Apr 08, 2006, 01:34 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,484 Posts
The Bandit Rips with the 5.25x6.25!!

www.ecubedrc.com
Old Apr 08, 2006, 07:36 PM
That thing's operational!
New Orleans/Dallas
Joined Jan 2006
4,706 Posts
Ks. jetflyer,

Hi! You'll probably have good luck looking for props at your local hobby store. I think my local hobby store usually carries APC and GWS props, so that would propbably be the best place to look first. If not, you could find what you are looking for at a place like Allerc.com There is a very nice man there named Bob Sobel, and he should be able to help you find whatever you need. You could also just order from their website, they are very efficient when it comes to getting products to you quickly. I just ordered a new pack last monday, and it arrived here (half of the U.S.A. away from Allerc's store) on Wednesday afternoon.

Rvincent,

These motors sound really cool! I have been following this thread recently, and it seems that you guys have created a pretty cool new product! I haven't seen many motors of this size (or price range) that can deliver as much power as your Littlescreamers do! I bet performance would be stellar on a smaller model lsuch as GGRN's smaller jets (more specifically, his Daussalt Rafale parkjet!) In fact, those jets are pretty light, maybe you;d even have to increase the size on that plane a bit so it wouldn't be too heavy.

Along those lines, I was just wondering, what is the ideal weight for a jet when using one of your Littlescreamers parkjet special motors? I read that a jet like Steve Shumate's 75% super bandit parkjet would perform crazily with this motor, so is that pretty much the ideal weight and size of a jet for a motor like yours? Thanks!

-Matt
birdlives1955 is offline Find More Posts by birdlives1955
Old Apr 09, 2006, 06:40 AM
3 mi.south of mt Blanca,CO. 2 mi. out of the town of Blanca.
Joined Mar 2006
404 Posts
Scott,would you post a link to where to send the Pay Pal $.BTW has anyone tried mounting 2 Lil Screamers abrest with one motor mounted about 1/2 in.foreward of the other?The weight penalty would only be about1.5 oz. and the power---well you can immagine.Think about the sound.This way you can have unlimited verticle and gobs of speed.use 2 5.65x6.25s=39.27 sq.in. area and the area of a 7" prop is 38.48 sq. in.So 2 5s have the equivelent area of 1 7"=thrust& speed.Almost forgot,how long to get 2 of the park jet specials to Colorado?
Thanks,Rich
8kasl is offline Find More Posts by 8kasl
Old Apr 09, 2006, 09:31 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,484 Posts
I'm real close to building a swing wing F-14 and doing just that!! The sound alone would be worth the cost Kinda like a billion pissed off bees!
Old Apr 09, 2006, 01:35 PM
3 mi.south of mt Blanca,CO. 2 mi. out of the town of Blanca.
Joined Mar 2006
404 Posts
rvincent,glad to hear that!hope you post soon,What do you think about a 133%f18 on a pair of PJspecials?I'm sure I could keep the wt.undre36oz.Do you happen to know the address to send a Pay Pal pmt. to Scott?I really need 2 of those little jewels
Rich
PS:Now if we could just figure out how to get the sound of a full sized turbin or better yet on of those new hyper jets(scramjet)I've heard that the purple pearl sounds like an Indy car wound-out!Do the PJspecials sound different-even higher pitch I suppose.
8kasl is offline Find More Posts by 8kasl
Last edited by 8kasl; Apr 09, 2006 at 01:42 PM.
Old Apr 09, 2006, 04:33 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,484 Posts
Ksjetflyer,
I think the GGRN rafale will be crazy with this motor!! We will find out soon He has one for 3 weeks now just waiting for weather to test fly it. If you have been reading the Bandit thread, you would have seen my Bandit the Bandit is an awesome little park jet and mine is great fun and 90 mph to boot! I am just about done with my latest Bandit and will post pics both here and in that thread. We found that the Hellraiser canopy when cut, is a perfect fit for the bandit I am just finishing the cockpit detail now and then paint. It will be ready for MWE in May. Also the GGRN A-4 is also just about done and this plane is small with an airfoil!!! it will be CRAZY. Also will be ready for MWE! I am hoping to have a pair of 6mm RC F-14's done with twin PJ's for MWE as well.