HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2006, 07:52 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,376 Posts
I can tell you this much, it is it's own motor! No Copies of another motor and not 24g either Now that I know it works well with the APC 7x4................ It should make a really HOT Hydro motor!! I was using one on my newest boat with a 6x5.5 for all out speed, but with this revelation of the 7x4, it might be the perfect set up for a hydro I need to test one and see. We have been using the 7x3.5 for some time now.
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2006, 08:13 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent
Steve,
Were you using a 1320 Gen II pack or a Prolite? Your specs seemed a little soft? I get 17,400 rpm's on 17 amos and 175 watts. Confirm your battery for me please.
I used a 6-month old TP 1320 Prolite pack for the testing. I was also a little surprised at how soft my numbers were, given what you've been seeing. But I think the reason is I've got nearly 3 feet of 16 gage wire running from the battery to the motor in my T-38, and the resistance losses from those long power wires are probably significant.

Could be that my pack is worn down a bit, too, since it's seen a lot of flights. I did have a problem initially with the low-voltage cutoff tripping when I first tested the LS motor--the high amps brought the pack voltage WAY down. So I had to enable the soft cutoff to make this setup work OK.

Steve
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Last edited by jetset44; Feb 09, 2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2006, 11:02 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,376 Posts
Wow! Have the PL's been out that long? Man how time flies!!

Well If you get a chance, please try that motor on a shorter "leash" and let me know? My bandit also has long battery lead wires. In your post above it says battery to motor? Is it battery to ESC long? or esc to motor long?
Old Feb 09, 2006, 11:55 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,610 Posts
I used the stock length from ESC to motor and extended the wires between the ESC and battery. The actual length of the extension is about 26". Unfortunately, I've already soldered up that extension and don't have any spare speed controls right now, so I can't test it on a shorter "leash" soon. But even with the lesser power output, I'm very happy with how the LS motor flies my T-38!
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old Feb 10, 2006, 05:07 AM
It's me Glacier Girl
Joined Aug 2004
868 Posts
Quote:
I can tell you this much, it is it's own motor! No Copies of another motor and not 24g either Now that I know it works well with the APC 7x4................ It should make a really HOT Hydro motor!! I was using one on my newest boat with a 6x5.5 for all out speed, but with this revelation of the 7x4, it might be the perfect set up for a hydro I need to test one and see. We have been using the 7x3.5 for some time now.
I'm availible for testing.
SHELBY1 is offline Find More Posts by SHELBY1
Old Feb 10, 2006, 05:57 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane_spotter
Does anyone know if these are available in the UK??
Is someone from LS going to answer this question, or even the US one about availability. Not fair to get us all steamed up if we can't get at it and I can't find it on littlescreamers.com site?
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Feb 10, 2006, 07:46 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,376 Posts
Send us an e-mail or better yet, just call the number listed on the website. These are available, just not up on the site yet.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:04 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,678 Posts
Buyer beware when dealing with LS - They are not very prompt when it comes to shipping product. Fine if you are in no hurry.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2006, 06:15 PM
Go FASST or go home...
Bergen, Norway
Joined Nov 2002
3,136 Posts
Just a thought...

How would these relatively hot motors work in a EDF?
What do you think??

Ben_E
Ben_E is offline Find More Posts by Ben_E
Old Feb 10, 2006, 07:36 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,376 Posts
If you want about 30,000 rpm's ok. We will another specific motor for that soon. I am currently working on a set up for the Wemotec Micro fan. I won't need the KV that the Hyperion 6000 has because the outrunner won't even break a sweat spinning that little rotor. Effectively the the rpm the motor will spin unloaded is what it will spin the EDF Like I said, doing testing right now and it looks real good! In Fact I'm thinking an EDF 50 Wemo with a cut down Kyosho rotor for the extra pitch would be the hot tip! I'll let you know!
Old Feb 12, 2006, 04:58 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,649 Posts
Hey Bob, long time LS'r Bill here. What's the possibility of me getting that rewind we discussed a while back? My first ever LS is still spinning away but I really wanna do up one of these screaming park jets. Is LS S/N 00002 gonna hold up to this hot wind?
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Feb 12, 2006, 05:36 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,376 Posts
Hi Bildo,
Of course it will All parts are the same, only the wind is different. Send me a pm and remind me of our discussion. I just did one for another guy here on RCG. Tell me what you want and we will work it out
Old Feb 12, 2006, 05:44 PM
c/f
Joined Jan 2004
3,312 Posts
Little Screamer PARK JET, SPECIAL EDITION, ROCKS the house at Great Planes indoor fest, The "SE" was blowing away anything in the air on my ALLIE KAT, but get this, I was using 2 cells while everyone else was at 3 cells.

I was running an APC 5.2.5 X 4.75 on a 2 cell 1320 ProLite. FWIW it was the quietest motor of the bunch..............

3 Cell allycat is a WHOLE differant level of speed and I personally could not handle it indoors.
c/f is offline Find More Posts by c/f
Old Feb 12, 2006, 07:52 PM
USA
Joined Oct 2005
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Hi Bildo,
Of course it will All parts are the same, only the wind is different. Send me a pm and remind me of our discussion. I just did one for another guy here on RCG. Tell me what you want and we will work it out
Hey rvincent,is there a LS for 45oz + if so were can I get one?
Anthony.
cdebaca is offline Find More Posts by cdebaca
Old Feb 13, 2006, 04:53 AM
Edmonds Wa. (Seattle)
Joined Nov 2003
3,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c/f
Little Screamer PARK JET, SPECIAL EDITION, ROCKS the house at Great Planes indoor fest, The "SE" was blowing away anything in the air on my ALLIE KAT, but get this, I was using 2 cells while everyone else was at 3 cells.

I was running an APC 5.2.5 X 4.75 on a 2 cell 1320 ProLite. FWIW it was the quietest motor of the bunch..............

3 Cell allycat is a WHOLE differant level of speed and I personally could not handle it indoors.

Thank you for the nice words

Scott
Littlescreamers.com
Littlescreamers is offline Find More Posts by Littlescreamers