SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 20, 2010, 09:50 AM
Joined Oct 2006
325 Posts
Question regarding the Venom Group Micro Jet Series

Aloha and Happy Holidays:
Just purchased and started a thread for these exciting Jets.
At $84.99 it seems like a very good buy. However, I have received posts that this is really a model produced by JPower and is currently being sold by Hobby King (HK) for $59.99 and Banana Hobby for $79.90. Hobby King's stock fit and finish has mixed reviews from their customers. Although many like the overall performance of the build, there were complaints of missing parts, poor fittings and lacking paint jobs. The stock Lipo that comes with the HK model is also smaller than the one you are selling (850mAh vs 950mAh).

My question is whether this is the same model as the HK one that is $25.00 less? If so, is the fit and finish better or more consistant than theirs? Last, I noticed in Banana Hobby's advertisement, they mentioned their product was a collaboration with JPower; any reason why it was not mentioned for your product?

My Thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post16872543
Hobby King Ad: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12661
Banana Hobby Ad: http://www.bananahobby.com/1988.html
Aloha Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Aloha Flyer
Last edited by Aloha Flyer; Dec 20, 2010 at 09:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2011, 05:37 PM
Joined Sep 2009
1 Posts
1S lipos

Any 1S 3.7 Roar approved hard case lipos on the horizon? I run Venom 2S batteries in my other cars.
GP40X is offline Find More Posts by GP40X
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:04 AM
australia
Joined Jul 2010
232 Posts
loyal customer hopin for more intermediate comp boats

hi all at venom was ponderin and after have owned a few venom boats all vector push the best i had was a killer vee even gunna buy another one despite the vector push design i mean the boat runs good thats the only problem i have which im goin to solve with an outboard conversion.

It would be awesome if you guys could design another esc controlled entry level racer such as the ocean racer 2 as the only other alternatives are doin somethin like i am and replacin the runnin gear or buyin a full tilit boat such as the gas or electric king of shaves.

There is nothin wrong with them its just there top level advanced boats and your other boats are very basic novice boats there is also nothin wrong with that as i learned on the killer vee and plan on gettin another as they handle great and have everythin also carry a great price.

Its just you have to go elswhere if you wanna upgrade or spend to upgrade this boat or pool racers which is near impossible.

Hopefully the great team at venom will fill the middle market of intermediate level racers.

If only there was one before i brought my aquacraft and had to add everythin including a venom brushless motor and esc i would have brought your product as it would have came with everythin and had the same or better performance as my aquacraft also better looking.
Shannon87 is offline Find More Posts by Shannon87
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:40 AM
Joined Mar 2011
8 Posts
Hi,

I have 4 2400 mah 1.2v AA NiMH batteries I'm using for my tx. I have a hyperion 720 super duo I'm using to charge these. I can't get them to discharge. The cycle stops in 1 second.

What should my settings be?

Currently, they are:
Charge Current 1A
Discharge Amp 2.4A
Discharge Volt .3V

Should I use automatic (based on impedance), normal (at the C rating I spec.) or linear? How many cycles? When to cycle? I think these are old cells I got from the LHS. They lasted around 15 minutes before the spektrum cut them off at 4.8v.

Thanks,
Matt
mlprater is offline Find More Posts by mlprater
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:56 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
The lowest the discharge voltage should be 0.85V per cell. Your setting is too low and will damage the cells.

Try charging them again at 2A and see what they do, if they take the charge then they might be fine. Then discharge them again to be sure all is working.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:57 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon87 View Post
hi all at venom was ponderin and after have owned a few venom boats all vector push the best i had was a killer vee even gunna buy another one despite the vector push design i mean the boat runs good thats the only problem i have which im goin to solve with an outboard conversion.

It would be awesome if you guys could design another esc controlled entry level racer such as the ocean racer 2 as the only other alternatives are doin somethin like i am and replacin the runnin gear or buyin a full tilit boat such as the gas or electric king of shaves.

There is nothin wrong with them its just there top level advanced boats and your other boats are very basic novice boats there is also nothin wrong with that as i learned on the killer vee and plan on gettin another as they handle great and have everythin also carry a great price.

Its just you have to go elswhere if you wanna upgrade or spend to upgrade this boat or pool racers which is near impossible.

Hopefully the great team at venom will fill the middle market of intermediate level racers.

If only there was one before i brought my aquacraft and had to add everythin including a venom brushless motor and esc i would have brought your product as it would have came with everythin and had the same or better performance as my aquacraft also better looking.

Thanks for the suggestion and we will look into this.

Chris
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:39 PM
Joined Mar 2011
8 Posts
They charge okay, but the discharge step reaches cut-off voltage right away. I wonder if this has something to do with the Hyperion charger?
mlprater is offline Find More Posts by mlprater
Old Feb 04, 2012, 04:10 PM
ParkFlyer
United States, HI
Joined Feb 2011
26 Posts
Venom Safari Crawler

I'm not sure if this is the place to post my issue, but i'm hoping someone will help me... if not, tell me at least where to post and get help. Sorry to bump such an old thread. It's Saturday and i tried calling Venom but i can olny leave a message. I heard about their great customer service but so far its getting a 1 star from me since they are closed on the weekends (duh, thats when most people play).

So i opened the box for my New Safari Creeper RTR and fist thing i noticed was the bumper mount was cracked during shipping... ok so nothing a bit of glue cant fix until they send me a new one. But now i put in the battery and only the front right wheel turns! It;s like the left wheel isn;t even engaged to the gearing. Then to top it all off, when i engage the back wheels via the AUX channel they slip, meaning the serco doesn't engage the mechinisim hard enough so i have to physically stick my finger down in there and push in the part that engages the rear tires manually, forcing the servo to do something it doesn't want to do.

Bad, Bad start for a newb that thought i was going to buy a RTR... instead i have A RTF (ready to fix)!!! Please help... i have no idea where to start to fix these problems as and im ready to send it back by Monday!!!
jap71173 is offline Find More Posts by jap71173
Old Feb 06, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jap71173 View Post
I'm not sure if this is the place to post my issue, but i'm hoping someone will help me... if not, tell me at least where to post and get help. Sorry to bump such an old thread. It's Saturday and i tried calling Venom but i can olny leave a message. I heard about their great customer service but so far its getting a 1 star from me since they are closed on the weekends (duh, thats when most people play).

So i opened the box for my New Safari Creeper RTR and fist thing i noticed was the bumper mount was cracked during shipping... ok so nothing a bit of glue cant fix until they send me a new one. But now i put in the battery and only the front right wheel turns! It;s like the left wheel isn;t even engaged to the gearing. Then to top it all off, when i engage the back wheels via the AUX channel they slip, meaning the serco doesn't engage the mechinisim hard enough so i have to physically stick my finger down in there and push in the part that engages the rear tires manually, forcing the servo to do something it doesn't want to do.

Bad, Bad start for a newb that thought i was going to buy a RTR... instead i have A RTF (ready to fix)!!! Please help... i have no idea where to start to fix these problems as and im ready to send it back by Monday!!!
Hi jap71173,

I'm sorry about the build quality and the broken bumper but we can sort this out for you quickly. Have you contacted out customer service department today?
If not then please PM me your personal info and I will have someone contact you.

Best regards,

Chris
Old Feb 07, 2012, 12:15 AM
ParkFlyer
United States, HI
Joined Feb 2011
26 Posts
I emailed support but no reply yet... if i don't here back by tomorrow, i will PM you,,, thanks for the reply Chris.
jap71173 is offline Find More Posts by jap71173