HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2006, 03:50 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Discussion
Welcome to our official Venom Group International / RC Groups product support forum!

Hello and welcome to our new official forum here on RC Groups.

Representatives form Venom Group International will be monitoring these threads on a daily basis in order to answer any questions about our products you may have and help you through any issues that may come up from time to time. We will also announce updates and changes and new products here as well.
Thanks for looking in, paritcipating or supporting us. We want to make your hobby experience the best it can be.

Sincerely,

Chris Nicastro
Director R&D
Venom Group International

www.venom-racing.com
www.venom-aircorps.com
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Last edited by C of G; Feb 09, 2006 at 11:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2006, 11:55 PM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,491 Posts
Hello,
I thought I would check in here. I will be helping monitor this forum for any questions related to our products.

Paul Susbauer
Research & Development
Venom Group International
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2006, 03:02 AM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
Hi Paul, Dennis in Red Bluff here. I finally hoovered !!! Havn't crashed in a while now. Very tricky to learn on though... Wow !!!
Dennis Flora is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Flora
Old Mar 14, 2006, 08:57 PM
CA. USA
Joined Mar 2006
5 Posts
Hello,
I just purchased a Night Ranger 2.
Is this chopper capable of hover? And what changes do I need to do to make it flyable?
I'm able to get airborne with a steady tail but once I start to put a little input in the radio and start to fly, it will go full forward or out of control. Same thing with any directional input. All batteries are good and fully charged and I'm only moving the controller inputs about a 1/16 to a inch.
Can I make the controls less sensitive?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Russ
Russ H is offline Find More Posts by Russ H
Old Apr 14, 2006, 03:25 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,280 Posts
my VSM speed meter on the TT FM-1e

Hello everyone!

I am a regular at the motorcycle section of rcgroups. I recently bought and installed a VSM (speed meter) on my TT FM-1e bike. Unfortuntely, I cannot have it work correctly!
I am using a Futaba T3UCP (FF3) Tx, FP-R103 3-ch Rx, Mtroniks Genesis Ride Brushless system, a Futaba S3003 steering servo and a Hitec HS300 brake servo on CH3.

I did not experience something like this with the Nosram Dominator ESC and the brushed motor I had previously fitted, which I only tested in my workshop space. Actually it was raining all the previous days, so I never took it out at a parking lot

A week after I got the VSM, I got the Mtroniks brushless, so I installed it on the bike and then tried to test it in my workshop... When I completed the brushless installation, I switched it on and had terrible glitching on my workbench, so bad in fact that I could not set the ESC correctly. I unplugged the VSM and everything on the bike worked perfectly. The Genesis ESC comes with all sorts of capacitors and schottky diodes already soldered on it, and I made sure that there is no chaffing of any wires on the chassis.

I first plugged the VSM in the BAT plug of the RX, then in CH1, and had the steering servo on the VSM.
In both occassions the radio glitches badly. As soon as I disconnect the VSM, it will work flawlessly.

For a complete setup of my bike, including pics:
http://www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/fm1e/april06/

Any ideas?!
steliosh is online now Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Apr 15, 2006, 05:56 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,280 Posts
well?!
Old Apr 22, 2006, 03:28 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,280 Posts
well... It seems that I sorted the glithes out!

How?!
It seems that whenever the Mtroniks brushless loses its setup (which I can do fairly easily, trust me!) there are all kinds of glitches. So, I unplug the VSM, do the brushless setup, then plug it back in.

However, there's a strange thing: It will still produce slight steering glitches whenever I plug the VSM at CH1, CH2, or BAT. If I plug it in CH3 (slave servo for the brakes) it will work fine!

Wierd electronics!!!
Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:04 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Started a new thread for electronics Steliosh.

I'm glad you solved the problem. We dont have that Mtronics system to test with or I would have tried it for you too.

Chris
Old Apr 24, 2006, 01:37 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,280 Posts
thanks!
Is this the same C of G that has been a popular poster in the Motorcycles section?!
Old Apr 24, 2006, 06:50 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
The very same!
LOL
Remeber the HOR bike I made parts for many years ago? Yahoo groups.

Chris
Old Apr 25, 2006, 03:22 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,280 Posts
Right!!!!!!

Small world!
Great to talk to you again!
Old Aug 25, 2008, 11:50 PM
Flying Wing Freak
Charlotte, NC 28210
Joined Feb 2004
171 Posts
Venom-

I smoked an ESC on a saturday afternoon. A buddy sold me a NIB Venom 80A ESC that night. I programmed it according to the manual.

I'm running 3S lipo, Mega 16/15/3 to a 5x5 prop on a flying wing. When I give it any level of throttle, it stutters for about 1.5 seconds then performs normally. I've tried all the timing advance settings, all exhibit the same. I suppose for most applications this wouldn't be an issue.

However- here's how that precious 1.5 seconds propagates to a problem. I hand launch a pusher- by placing my first 2 fingers on either side of the motor mount and throwing it. Hence, I have to launch at zero power. With no headwind, I have a hard time getting airborne. I've failed to launch 2 dozen times and gone thru 6 props in the process. The mush landings are putting a beating on the poor foamie!

Besides that, it performs great. Cool to the touch on ~40A runs.

Any ideas? I understand there is a programming widget but I can't find a vendor for it.

Cheers!
MTEXX is offline Find More Posts by MTEXX
Old Aug 26, 2008, 10:46 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
I have a pair of 16/15/2 motors myself and I find that motor is particular about timing and its power hungry. It could be a case where the two are just not a match to be honest.
Try to make sure your Lipo pack is warm first before flying, about 90F. That will insure the pack can push what the motor needs. Make sure the pack is matched to your Amperage requirement as well. You said 40A, is that static tested with a Watt Meter? If so cool, just make sure the pack can push it and not be stressed. Keep your power leads as short as possible to both the motor and ESC to batt.

I have used a CC 60A unit on my motors in an EDF and have had the same sort of issues in the past. Make sure the ESC gets proper cooling too.

Did you adjust the start mode?

You can tune the esc by PC and test run it at the same time, it has a throttle to command the esc built into the software. Check it out on our store online.

Chris
Old Feb 28, 2009, 10:51 AM
Okinawa, Japan
Joined Jul 2006
40 Posts
Venom Pro Charger Problem

Hello. I recently purchased the charger primarily to charge my lipos & its promised versatility in charging a large array of other batteries.

The problem I'm encountering is with lipo batteries. Any time I try to charge a lipo within 2 seconds I receive the "connection break" message. This has happened with 2s 7.4, 3s 11.1 and 6s 22.2 volt lipos. Needless to say my purchase isn't looking so good right now. Do you have any ideas as to what may be the problem with my unit and any suggested remedies?

Sly
SlyRCr is offline Find More Posts by SlyRCr
Old Mar 01, 2009, 12:18 AM
Okinawa, Japan
Joined Jul 2006
40 Posts
Question Answered

Hello. This may have been an issue of being new to using a charger of this type and not being able to fill in the blanks not covered by the instructions. While still searching to find the answer I came across the instructions for the Triton EQ. It gave me a little more detail and determined both the balance and charge leads needs to be attached in order for the process to work. I can know charge my lipos
SlyRCr is offline Find More Posts by SlyRCr