SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 08, 2006, 11:17 AM
Alphabandaid
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
Joined May 2003
1,259 Posts
Discussion
New Trex SE and Stock Tail Pulleys OK?

Am new to the Trex, and after reading various posts, I wonder if I should change out the stock plastic tail pulley and drive pulleys to metal before assembling the heli?
My flying is hover and fff, maybe someday loops and rolls if I can get past my fear of flying.
Also, are there real world equivalanets of the purple and green loctite packaged with the Trex in case I run out?
Thanks
aplphabandaid is offline Find More Posts by aplphabandaid
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2006, 12:21 PM
College Station, TX USA
Joined Dec 2003
1,811 Posts
There is no need to, but they look really nice, I would recommend it as the new SEs have them now. Just get the blue lower gear and you will be set!
Keep'em Flying,
Nick
Nick Maxwell is offline Find More Posts by Nick Maxwell
Old Feb 08, 2006, 01:26 PM
California
Joined Feb 2005
1,519 Posts
well I am having issues with my 450 SE and belts. I am not the only one either. There are a lot of guy with the SE's having this problem. I am going down to the local hobby store today and picking up a new type of pulley system because I'm sick and tired of changing belts. I'm not even sure if the new pulley's are going to remedy this. I was looknig at my heli last night, and the belt may be shredding from the aluminum casting both in the tail and the boom support, But i'm not totally sure on this yet. Ten to twenty flight on a belt is irritating.
freddy warbird is offline Find More Posts by freddy warbird
Old Feb 08, 2006, 02:25 PM
Alphabandaid
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
Joined May 2003
1,259 Posts
Freddy its your thread that got me thinking about this as I set up my first Trex. Keep up the input.
How do you adjust the belt to keep it centered under normal circumstances? Belt tension I get, but..
aplphabandaid is offline Find More Posts by aplphabandaid