Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 07, 2006, 04:17 PM
Just north of DFW
Joined Apr 2005
174 Posts
Discussion
Wing Dragon 2 vs. Lazy e-Bee

Help! I can't decide between these two RTF kits. Seems like they are both decent kits and I can't decide which one to buy. I'm looking for a durable plane to serve as my first "real" R/C plane. I'm not a complete newbie, as I have a Aero Ace that I've been flying for a while, but I'm perfectly aware that it's not the real thing. As such, crashability is a must. I'm really attracted to the design of the Lazy e-Bee, but I don't know how crashproof it is as it doesn't seem to be the most popular plane.

Any thoughts?

Mike
quar is offline Find More Posts by quar
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2006, 08:59 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2005
12,901 Posts
Wing Dragon..........

The Wing Dragon Is On Sale Right Now At Hobby Lobby......
I Have One And It Is A Good Starter Plane! That Being Said
When You Move Up In Skill The Radio Will Only Work With The Receiver That Came With The Plane.its An Off Ch Number Like 40 1/2 Or Something. $89.00
How About A Gws`E-starter ! Its A Nice Big Slowish Plane And You Can Use The Ailerons At A Later Date! Any Radio Equip. You Put In Will Be Able To Be Used Again.It Will Be More $$$$$$$ To Start with But It's A "real" plane.
It Depends On What You Want.
Good Luck
John
MERLIN V16 is offline Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Old Feb 07, 2006, 09:41 PM
The New Guy :-}
fayetteville,GA
Joined Sep 2004
78 Posts
I have the wing dragon and for the price it's a very good plane, I have close to a 100 flights on mine and lots of crashes and it just keeps going, I now moved on to bigger and better planes but I still use it and it will now be converted into to my AP plane. The electronics are not the best but they have worked fine for me. The E-starter is also a great plane but it won't do well in crashes and if this is your first real plane I would not get one since it won't last you very long, you'll be spending most of your time gluing the peices back together.
CrazyBird is offline Find More Posts by CrazyBird
Old Feb 07, 2006, 11:04 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Montrose Co
Joined Aug 2005
3,009 Posts
wing dragon

I have one and I fly it almost everyday for the last year. Hundreds of flights. I can catch it almost everytime too. I did change out the electronics, but think the ones that come in are probably ok. I steped up to a Typhoon and fly it too. I still love my Dragon. Thats How I got my handle.
Dragon 2 is offline Find More Posts by Dragon 2
Old Feb 08, 2006, 09:30 AM
Joined Jan 2005
12,901 Posts
lazy vs dragon

Another thing we did not address is,although the Lazy-bee could fly around inside a Base ball Diamond,but it looks like it Can't handle any wind! The Dragon can fly in a small place (when you get good with it) and handle some wind.
They recommend no more than 5 mph. With experience you can fly it in much higher.Learn on it when it is CALM. Fly it without the gear on grass and bring clear packing tape for repairs. Extra batteries are about $15.00. Spare parts are cheap.
Remember i never said i did not like the Dragon, I just told you the
Truth about it.

Have Fun
John
Old Feb 09, 2006, 08:43 AM
Just north of DFW
Joined Apr 2005
174 Posts
Thanks for the advice everyone. I've decided to get off to ther right start and just bite the bullet and buy a Slow Stick and a decent radio instead of trying to get a RTF set on the cheap. Buyers remorse gets expensive....

Mike
quar is offline Find More Posts by quar
Old Feb 09, 2006, 08:57 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,096 Posts
wong thread -
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Last edited by JimNM; Feb 09, 2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old Feb 09, 2006, 09:38 AM
Joined Jan 2005
12,901 Posts
Good For You

Quote:
Originally Posted by quar
Thanks for the advice everyone. I've decided to get off to ther right start and just bite the bullet and buy a Slow Stick and a decent radio instead of trying to get a RTF set on the cheap. Buyers remorse gets expensive....

Mike
GOOD FOR YOU MIKE!
HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK
JOHN